Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just cant take it no more...

3ptmiller

Default I just cant take it no more...

Just like topic says... My nervs have reached to that certain point and I had enough of this forum... Main reasons:

1. People wont take you seriously if you dont have Perfect English and will think that you are kid or something, 95% of every posters in here... trust me.. and now when i think about it, i know why many foreigners just keeps out of posting anything in here... and this comes also like a warning to the next foreigner with not so good english.
    2. Many people will start whining also about your grammar.. excuse me guys, but this is a basketball forum not a damn English class, and most of them will be very rude aswell, you know who you geeks are...
    3. For a long time i thought that anybody was welcome in here.. i cant feel that anymore at all.
    4. Not all but many disrespect me by some reason in here... i dont know why? I cant answer that question.. I have always been kind to just EVERYBODY in here, never talked back and i always joked and had fun.. Maybe its that? I joke to much? Maybe there are just to many Grandpas in here? Maybe my jokes are to "european" and you dont understand? Hehe.. God knows..
    5. I have never argued in my life like when i posted in this forum.. many will always talk back to me like if i said something about their mothers...
    6. Most importantly i feel scared every time i post in this forum lately.. because i know that someone will ALWAYS do some or all of the things i mentioned above... Heck! I bet that some of those things will happen right after you read this!

Seriously, I just feel unwelcome and i feel like im treated like the person im NOT! And i dont want to be treated this way any longer.. especially by people i never met or seen in my life. I have talked with some really great persons in here, with great basketball knowledge and some extremly classy guys, some who almost never touched a ball in their lifes.. And some of the most annoying persons in this universe, i wont mention any names... I have come to the conclution to leave, i will pass by this Forum now and then and "Lurk".. Anyways, i gave you guys something this forum needs to be worked on and maybe something you self need to work on.

BYE ALL, have fun everybody with the English Lessons and ADIOS!

GO PACERS

Default Re: I just cant take it no more...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like topic says... My nervs have reached to that certain point and I had enough of this forum... Main reasons:

1. People wont take you seriously if you dont have Perfect English and will think that you are kid or something, 95% of every posters in here... trust me.. and now when i think about it, i know why many foreigners just keeps out of posting anything in here... and this comes also like a warning to the next foreigner with not so good english.
    2. Many people will start whining also about your grammar.. excuse me guys, but this is a basketball forum not a damn English class, and most of them will be very rude aswell, you know who you geeks are...
    3. For a long time i thought that anybody was welcome in here.. i cant feel that anymore at all.
    4. Not all but many disrespect me by some reason in here... i dont know why? I cant answer that question.. I have always been kind to just EVERYBODY in here, never talked back and i always joked and had fun.. Maybe its that? I joke to much? Maybe there are just to many Grandpas in here? Maybe my jokes are to "european" and you dont understand? Hehe.. God knows..
    5. I have never argued in my life like when i posted in this forum.. many will always talk back to me like if i said something about their mothers...
    6. Most importantly i feel scared every time i post in this forum lately.. because i know that someone will ALWAYS do some or all of the things i mentioned above... Heck! I bet that some of those things will happen right after you read this!

Seriously, I just feel unwelcome and i feel like im treated like the person im NOT! And i dont want to be treated this way any longer.. especially by people i never met or seen in my life. I have talked with some really great persons in here, with great basketball knowledge and some extremly classy guys, some who almost never touched a ball in their lifes.. And some of the most annoying persons in this universe, i wont mention any names... I have come to the conclution to leave, i will pass by this Forum now and then and "Lurk".. Anyways, i gave you guys something this forum needs to be worked on and maybe something you self need to work on.

GO PACERS
    First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Arkady, i'm the Pacers fan since 1996. I'm from Moscow, Russia. I've been reading this forum since the beginning, and you know what - this is the best basketball forum i've ever seen (maybe i haven't seen too many).
    Due to my poor English, I only posted 4 or 5 messages. I must admit, I'm pretty much shy in terms of misspelling or even with constructing the right sentencies. But, I must also admit, that every reply that I received was warm and welcoming. I received a couple of beautiful replies, which encouraged me to post more often.
    That said, I don't know whether I can overcome my sober and post more, or not. Anyway, if all stays the same, it won't be so because of rudeness or lack of welcoming from forum members.

Rytas_Jega

In my OBJECTIVE opinion, pacersdigest Pacers forum is really friendly. Especially when I compare it with Lithuanian or Russian basketball forums

If any american tried to write his oppinion (good words about Lithuanian basketball do not count) at Lithuanian basketball forum, he would get tons of answers like this instantly:

"you ...kilometer of Lithuanian/Russian/English epithets mix... american, you are at basketball forum! BASKETBALL, here we discuss BASKETBALL. what are you doing here? do you know something about basketball apart from your ...kilometer of Lithuanian/Russian/English epithets mix... circus NBA?"

And then he would get instruction (in Russian Language) where to go and what to do

That's stereotypes. Most Europeans think Americans are the dumbest nation ever. Most Americans do not take Europeans as equal to them, too (I know many Americans). Personally for me, that's really funny

My advice: don not take it so seriously

GO PACERS
    Look, this isn't about you getting "respect", and it's not about poor English skills. We have many foreign posters, and we never give them a hard time, because we know English is their second language....

To the best of my knowledge, English is your FIRST language. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you grasp the concept now? And you've also admitted in the past that your poor grammar is almost entirely due to laziness. You refuse to check your spelling or grammar, or even slow down your typing so that you make fewer errors, forcing others to take twice as much time reading your posts as anyone else on this board. If anyone is being "disrespected", it's everyone else on these boards who have to read your posts.

I'm sorry you feel shunned by the rest of the posters on PD. But the simple fact is that you are in the wrong here. And no amount of crying and attention whoring will change that.

Good luck out there.

4. Not all but many disrespect me by some reason in here... i dont know why? I cant answer that question.. I have always been kind to just EVERYBODY in here, never talked back and i always joked and had fun.. Maybe its that? I joke to much? Maybe there are just to many Grandpas in here?
    3ptmiller, you have to understand their is a great amount of tolerance in this forum, but we as a community do not take lightly someone just throwing out race as a joke here. It has no place in this particular area. If you believe that thought so be it, but at least discuss this in other topic areas that Hicks and Able have provided.

I hope to be a grandpa someday. I have two son's in college so yes I'm one of the older individuals, but believe me this community is as diversified as any. Young, middle aged, old, black, white, hispanic, asian, rich and poor, and even fans of other teams. The one thing we have in common is our love for the Pacers or the game of basketball in the NBA.

Your problem is not your English. #1 If you give an opinion do not be surprised someone will challenge it and don't take it personal. That is the hardest thing to get use to. On a message board it's too easy to feel someone is putting you down when in reality words take on a different meaning in print than when you meet them in person. As others have pointed out just take some extra time when posting and ask yourself how will someone else read what I wrote.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

3ptmiller i think if you use the preview button and read over your posts before you clicked the post button there would be alot less comments about your grammer. As evidenced by your post in this thread if you try you are more than capable of writing well. I wouldn't take Pacers discussions to heart either, lots of people have varied opinions on this forum. Compared to most forums PD has relatively little flame/troll/whatever rubbish.

I, for one, hope that you stay. I enjoy reading your posts.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    Look, this isn't about you getting "respect", and it's not about poor English skills. We have many foreign posters, and we never give them a hard time, because we know English is their second language....

To the best of my knowledge, English is your FIRST language. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you grasp the concept now? And you've also admitted in the past that your poor grammar is almost entirely due to laziness. You refuse to check your spelling or grammar, or even slow down your typing so that you make fewer errors, forcing others to take twice as much time reading your posts as anyone else on this board. If anyone is being "disrespected", it's everyone else on these boards who have to read your posts.

I'm sorry you feel shunned by the rest of the posters on PD. But the simple fact is that you are in the wrong here. And no amount of crying and attention whoring will change that.

Good luck out there.
    I'm 99% sure you're confusing 3ptmiller with ReggieMiller8325, who WAS a kid being lazy about his english and whining about his "respect" all the time. 3ptmiller is from Europe, and English isn't his first language.

I hope you stay too, 3ptmiller.

Yeah I think everyone is confusing him with ReggieMiller8325 too. He definitely had grammar problems but I've never noticed anything really that wrong with 3ptMiller
    31 Forever

6. Most importantly i feel scared every time i post in this forum lately.. because i know that someone will ALWAYS do some or all of the things i mentioned above... Heck! I bet that some of those things will happen right after you read this
    Sounds like you have us confused with RATS. Perhaps you ought to spend a month posting over there to get a comparison to PD.

I think maybe your angry dismissal and mocking of anyone who disagrees with the fact that Reggie is the greatest player in the history of the world has more to do with any negative responses than your English skills.
    Yep. Add me to the list.

I'm pretty tired of being called a geek, a grandpa, and being the Ugly American. Block those people who annoy you. I do.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    I'm pretty tired of being called a geek, a grandpa, and being the Ugly American. Block those people who annoy you. I do.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    I'm 99% sure you're confusing 3ptmiller with ReggieMiller8325, who WAS a kid being lazy about his english and whining about his "respect" all the time. 3ptmiller is from Europe, and English isn't his first language.
    In that case, I retract my earlier statements. In place of them, I will say that you earn yourself no brownie points by accusing the board of being racists because they don't think Reggie Miller deserves a statue, even if it was, supposedly, a joke.

I've only seen one comment about the grammar which was followed by someone defending you and an apology.

Your tone in defending everything Reggie has a lot more to do with people's reactions towards you.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

3ptmiller

The biggest problem i have is the Private Messages or replys, stuff like... "what do you know? you cant even talk english!"... "you practice basketball so much that you dont have time learning english properly!"...

I dont care what you think about my grammar or how much i love Reggie.. (what does Reggie have to do with this anyways?? you dont like me because i defend Reggie so much and think he is the best in the world?), its just the stupid comments i cant take everyday... I love if someone correct my english / grammar / spellings, tell me whats wrong with it, but that havent happend either.. only complaints or the creation of underrated basketball knowledge towards me on peoples minds because the lack of my "perfect grammar"... you understand?

People ALWAYS Confuse me also with a guy called "reggiemiller83252" and he was a kid who probably didnt was to much liked in here and happend to like Reggie Miller as me?... This doesnt make my Private Messages better... Why?? Because i like Reggie Miller? Dont you?

Look at Eindars post here, i get stuff like that alot... he posted 623 times here and we talked a few times and he STILL thinks im a 14 year old kid from somewhere in USA who is lazy enough to not learn proper English. Its not his fault.. he listened to other posters in here and believed them i guess.
    Thats what im talking about, i DONT want to be treated like the person im not... hope you understand now...

Besides i think what im doing is good because "those people" will maybe read this thread and maybe work/change their behavior towards foreign posters. My ignore list has climbed pretty much lately and im not a guy who usually ignore somebody... i always talk to that person, even if it was Bin Laden...

No big deal guys, ill be lurking around here and reading thru your great posts.

I look forward to next season... i must say it will feel very weird without Reggie Miller! But the Championship is waiting for the Pacers no doubt! GO PACERS!

Hey 3pt,

the first thing I thought of when I read this was they definately had you confused with ReggieMiller83252 up until this point I didn't know that people were making stupid comments toward you, truthfully, up until this point I never knew you were foriegn. I always thought you were an American playing overseas, I've never noticed really anything wrong grammatically with your posts. Don't let people's stupid comments get to you, because dammit Reggie Miller IS the greatest player to ever play in all of humanity, and it's ok if just you and I know that

Don't let these type of things discourage you from posting, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and threads. Chin up little soldier....
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Seriously, if people were sending crap like that, tell an admin. Just because there are a few idiots doesn't mean we don't want you here.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Seriously, if people were sending crap like that, tell an admin. Just because there are a few idiots doesn't mean we don't want you here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hang in here 3ptMiller and ignore the losers. Heck, I teach school and my grammer on here sucks when I'm in a hurry. The only time I point out errors if it is in a discussion on the subject or it is someone I know well enough to joke with.

Now, if your post were all one giant paragraph then I would just ignore them. I hope you stick around, this year is going to be too sweet to miss!

You need to stay and point all of the pricks out to the adimns. That will not only will that help make your experience here better, it will make the whole site better.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerSteelerChick
    Yeah I think everyone is confusing him with ReggieMiller8325 too. He definitely had grammar problems but I've never noticed anything really that wrong with 3ptMiller
    I argee i dont see anything wrong with his grammar ethier

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I really didn't understand what all the stink was about until I went back through most of that statue thread. You're right, people were mean to you. Some of them have apologized.

However:
    It just makes me mad, shame on you guys... Not was Reggie just one of the greatest SG Ever in NBA and the best Player EVER for 18 seasons for the Pacers, but the things he done for the Pacers Franchise, for the fans, for the people of Indiana on and off the court... and you still neglect him.... it almost makes me think "is it because he is black?"
    I'm real tired of this as well.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior

However:

I'm real tired of this as well.
    Yes KW, there's the answer.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The biggest problem i have is the Private Messages or replys, stuff like... "what do you know? you cant even talk english!"... "you practice basketball so much that you dont have time learning english properly!"...

I dont care what you think about my grammar or how much i love Reggie.. (what does Reggie have to do with this anyways?? you dont like me because i defend Reggie so much and think he is the best in the world?), its just the stupid comments i cant take everyday... I love if someone correct my english / grammar / spellings, tell me whats wrong with it, but that havent happend either.. only complaints or the creation of underrated basketball knowledge towards me on peoples minds because the lack of my "perfect grammar"... you understand?

People ALWAYS Confuse me also with a guy called "reggiemiller83252" and he was a kid who probably didnt was to much liked in here and happend to like Reggie Miller as me?... This doesnt make my Private Messages better... Why?? Because i like Reggie Miller? Dont you?

Look at Eindars post here, i get stuff like that alot... he posted 623 times here and we talked a few times and he STILL thinks im a 14 year old kid from somewhere in USA who is lazy enough to not learn proper English. Its not his fault.. he listened to other posters in here and believed them i guess.
    Thats what im talking about, i DONT want to be treated like the person im not... hope you understand now...

Besides i think what im doing is good because "those people" will maybe read this thread and maybe work/change their behavior towards foreign posters. My ignore list has climbed pretty much lately and im not a guy who usually ignore somebody... i always talk to that person, even if it was Bin Laden...

No big deal guys, ill be lurking around here and reading thru your great posts.

I look forward to next season... i must say it will feel very weird without Reggie Miller! But the Championship is waiting for the Pacers no doubt! GO PACERS!
    We've already had the discussion where the Reggie/Miller followed or preceeded by numbers all run together. Especially when the two have poor english (not 3ptmiller's fault apparently) and an overwhelming love for Reggie Miller. Most of the rest of the Miller34223 guys have changed their screen names. Don't blame me if you didn't think you needed to.

Regardless, your love for Reggie is a little wearing at times, and you still, to my knowledge, have never apologized for essentially labeling 20+ members of this board as racists because they didn't think your Personal Jesus should have a statue erected. Joke or no joke, it was in poor taste, and I was offended.

If you have been having problems with people in private messages, you really should have taken care of that a loooong time ago with the mods. That's what they do.