Thread: Week 5 Power Rankings

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 5 Power Rankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

2005 Power Rankings: Week 5
    RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
    1 (1) 4-0-0 Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison got back in the grove Sunday and the results were predictable -- nine catches for 109 yards and two TDs.

2 (3) 3-1-0 Donovan McNabb is on some kind of run. In his last three games he's thrown for 1,076 yards and 10 TDs.

3 (4) 4-0-0 Sunday night in prime time against a solid Jacksonville team will be a good test for the 4-0 Bengals.

4 (7) 3-1-0 The Falcons are on pace to rush for 3,344 yards this season, which would break the record of 3,165 set by the Patriots in 1978.

5 (6) s: 4-0-0 Having Carnell Williams miss any time would obviously be a blow. But Michael Pittman reminded everyone that the Bucs can have a pretty good running game even with Cadillac in the shop.

6 (5) 2-1-0 It's a good thing they're coming off the bye week. They'll need all that extra rest and preparation for Chargers TB LaDainian Tomlinson.

7 (11) 2-2-0 Drew Brees, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates were just too much for the Patriots to handle.

8 (9) 3-1-0 Jake Plummer has thrown for only 288 yards in the Broncos' last two games. But he hasn't thrown any INTs and the Broncos have won both games; they'll take that every week.

9 (2) 2-2-0 Now the Patriots have to go on the road to face the Falcons and the Broncos before heading to a Week 7 bye. That's a tough stretch for a beat up team.

10 (16) 3-1-0 With Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and Plaxico Burress, the Giants look like they're going to be pretty hard to deal with on offense.

11 (15) 3-0-0 Pretty amazing -- the Redskins are 3-0 and have won their games by one, two and three points. They keep that up and they'll get their first double-digit win against the Raiders in Week 11.

12 (8) 2-2-0 Kind of hard to win a game when you commit four turnovers, rush for 12 yards and are penalized 15 times.

13 (14) 2-2-0 Some hearts might still be racing in Carolina after narrowly pulling out what should have been an easy victory.

14 (10) 2-2-0 Through four games Tony Gonzalez has only 129 receiving yards and no TDs. Get him the ball.

15 (18) 2-1-0 Anyone have Week 4 in the office pool for when the Dolphins would be alone in first place in the AFC East? And we don't mean Week 4 of 2006.

16 (12) 2-2-0 Note to Josh Brown: Never refer to a missed field goal as being a 'perfect kick.'

17 (13) 2-2-0 It was in Oakland, but Sunday was the kind of game the Cowboys need to find a way to win.

18 (17) 2-2-0 We know they got behind early, but the Rams passed the ball 62 times and only ran it 15.

19 (22) 2-2-0 Sure, it's not their real home, but it had to be a big boost for the Saints to finally have a home crowd cheering for them.

20 (26) 1-2-0 It wasn't pretty, but the Ravens needed a win and the defense handed them one against the depleted Jets.

21 (29) 1-3-0 Call off the APB for the rushing attack. LaMont Jordan (126 yards, 1 TD) has been found.

22 (25) 1-2-0 The Bears didn't even play and they move into first place in the NFC North.

23 (19) 1 1-3 mark doesn't mean much in the NFC North, but the Vikings looked really bad Sunday.

24 (30) :With an offensive line that is still shaky Josh McCown's athletic ability is definitely an asset.

25 (20) 1-3-0 Mike Mularkey can say he's staying with J.P. Losman, but at some point he's going to have to turn to Kelly Holcomb fulltime if Losman keeps struggling.

26 (23) 1-2-0 Nineteen catches for 265 yards is not what the Lions were looking for from their big three at WR (Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams) through three games.

27 (27) 1-2-0 Moral victories and playing hard is great, but there is no way that is going to satisfy Romeo Crennel.

28 (24) 1-3-0 Rough first start for Pacman Jones: Got beat by Reggie Wayne for a TD, was hit with two penalties and fumbled a kickoff.

29 (21) 1-3-0 Sounds like the Jets are going to go with Vinny Testaverde. At least the threat of some downfield passes could open things up for Curtis Martin.

30 (28) 1-3-0 It might not be Alex Smith's time this week, but it can't be too far away.

31 (31) 0-4-0 It seems strange to say, but at 0-4 the Packers aren't even close to being out of the playoff hunt in the terrible NFC North. If they can build off their comeback against the Panthers and put together a few wins, they'll be right in it.

32 (32) 0-3-0 So, David Carr, how's that new offensive coordinator working for you? Seven more sacks Sunday raised your total to 20 for the season.

Default Re: Week 5 Power Rankings

after 4 weeks its tough to say on some teams that are 2-2 who could have been 4-0 and some that are 2-2 who could have been 0-4 , The next few weeks should be interesting as the cream rises to the top.

Why Not Us ?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's nice to be winning easily now. After our bye, the schedule becomes much more difficult. We still have the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers, and Bengals (all currently regarded as top ten in the league) left on our schedule.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's nice to be winning easily now. After our bye, the schedule becomes much more difficult. We still have the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers, and Bengals (all currently regarded as top ten in the league) left on our schedule.
    I agree, and those teams will also be good yardsticks for us going into the playoffs and good tuneups besides. I don't expect to be undefeated. Bring 'em on.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

I can't believe the Dolphins are in 1st place in the East. I doubt that it will last but it's still funny.

You'd figure they'd have something a little more interesting to say in those comments....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am looking forward to the Colts and Bengals game. I live about an hour from Indy and about an hour and 10 minutes for Cincinnati so I might go and wear all my colts stuff. The Bengals , HOODAY think they are.

That's Who-day

And I can't wait for that game either. One of my good friends is a Bengals fan, and he just won't shut up about them. I think he thinks they are better than we are. They could be, of course, but I want to see the Colts beat them right in front of his face. Oooo I can't wait.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    That's Who-day
    I don't care.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Yeah, I really am happy for the Bengals but I am sick of all the Bengal bangwagons from where I live.

It pisses me off. That's why I am going to hope they start to lose. Who-dey, my ***.

And, no, they aren't better than us.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As a former longtime citizen of southeast central Indiana, I feel you two's pain. We get Dayton and Cincy stations as well as Indy, so it seems we're inundated with more Bengals talk than Colts. Add in the fact that anyone south of Fayette County mistakenly believes the live in Cincinnati, and you have yourself a bunch of weird-*** Bengals fans in your area.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Southside_Pacer

Never thought a team leading its division would be 22nd......but it's the Chicago Bears....in the NFC North.

Sad to think that 7-9 might win that division.....just like the NL West this year in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    I don't care.
    YES YOU DO

Who-dey Who-dey Who-dey think gonna beat them Bengals?

Answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Yeah, I really am happy for the Bengals but I am sick of all the Bengal bangwagons from where I live.

It pisses me off. That's why I am going to hope they start to lose. Who-dey, my ***.

And, no, they aren't better than us.
    As a former longtime citizen of southeast central Indiana, I feel you two's pain. We get Dayton and Cincy stations as well as Indy, so it seems we're inundated with more Bengals talk than Colts. Add in the fact that anyone south of Fayette County mistakenly believes the live in Cincinnati, and you have yourself a bunch of weird-*** Bengals fans in your area.
    Aren't all of us from C-ville.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Aren't all of us from C-ville.
    No.

I'm from Richmond.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

This thread is funny...

I just happend to be in cincy last sunday. Some of the indy people that were also at the race and our group decided to all go to a local hooters for some grub before heading home. That place was packed with bungle fans....

The server must have thought we were also bungle fans...

Server: "Did you guys just come from the game."
    My Brother: Oh! hell NO!
    Server: "Well it was a good game"
    My Brother: Well, we are from Indy and have our own better team to root for.
    Server: "The Bengles have a very good team this year"
    Me: Didn't they almost get beat by the Texans today?
    Server: "mumbles something about hicks"
    Buddy Greg: Honey, I don' know where you think you live.
    Server: "well I used to date one of the players so I have to root for them"
    Buddy Greg: Oh, ya. Which one?
    Server: "well he was a kicker... blah blah blah"
    All of Us: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHhahhahhahhhahhaAHHAHa
    Server: (leaves in a huff)

We were all a little drunk but it was just damn funny.

Was it the Hooters on the river over on the Kentucky side?

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

Was it the Hooters on the river over on the Kentucky side?

I do not know the area very well.... The area was not "downtownish" it was more a subberb of cincy. It was a nice area in the northwest region.