Thread: My First Football Game

Default My First Football Game

I went to my very first football game a couple of days ago....and well, I wasn't really impressed; it was Illinois vs. Michigan. I know that Illinois sucks, which really didn't make it any better, but I was hoping for some violent action!!! On TV it looks so much more violent and rough! I understand that this is probably because the camera can focus in alot better than I can, but none the less, I was bored out my skull.

I admit, I've never been much for football;however, roughness and grit in sports really gets me, I love to watch it. The game probably would have been better if I knew all the minor little details, the clock would have run properly, and there wouldn't have been as many delays, but overall.....it was sub par, from my perspective.

Though, I will admit, I can understand why people would love football, there is a certain air of majesty around the game, a swiftness from the players that can slip in between defense, but there just isn't enough to hook me.

How do the rest of you feel at College/Pro Games? Were you disapointed the first time you went?
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Default Re: My First Football Game

Uh, did you mean Illinois-Iowa or Michigan-Michigan State? Illinois and Michigan do not play this year.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    I went to my very first football game a couple of days ago....and well, I wasn't really impressed; it was Illinois vs. Michigan. I know that Illinois sucks, which really didn't make it any better, but I was hoping for some violent action!!! On TV it looks so much more violent and rough! I understand that this is probably because the camera can focus in alot better than I can, but none the less, I was bored out my skull.

I admit, I've never been much for football;however, roughness and grit in sports really gets me, I love to watch it. The game probably would have been better if I knew all the minor little details, the clock would have run properly, and there wouldn't have been as many delays, but overall.....it was sub par, from my perspective.

Though, I will admit, I can understand why people would love football, there is a certain air of majesty around the game, a swiftness from the players that can slip in between defense, but there just isn't enough to hook me.

How do the rest of you feel at College/Pro Games? Were you disapointed the first time you went?
    I can't beleive you were actually bored. It's like any sport. I've sat on the floor for Pacers games, and I've sat in the upper deck. Big diff. On the floor, I can hear the players talking to each other. I can see guys giving each other looks. I can watch guys use cheap little grabbing and clutching tricks in the post. Much better experience. Same type deal for you. You couldn't see the close-up stuff, due to their not being a camera and I suspect, you didn't bring binoculars. Personally, I've never been disappointed at a College/Pro game. In some ways, I like it better. Instead of the camera force feeding you what to look at, you can focus your attention on what you want, like watching the sidelines when a player messes up to see how the coach deals with him. Who sits next to whom when they aren't on the field. Does the QB sit with his favorite reciever? Check out the DB and recievers when the play doesn't go their way. Do you see them tauning each other? I think seeing it live is just as fun. Just different.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Uh, did you mean Illinois-Iowa or Michigan-Michigan State? Illinois and Michigan do not play this year.
    If she meant Michigan-Michigan State she needs her head examined! My team didn't win and I still thought it was a great game.

As for my opinion of football I can watch it anywhere, anytime. It doesn't matter who's playing. I'd much rather go to a college game than a pro game.

I can't explain why I like football better than basketball, but I do know it has nothing to do with football being a rough sport. It probably has something to do with the fact that my dad was always watching football when I was growing up. Then Kegboy went to Purdue and was in the band which led me to having season tickets until Drew Brees graduated.

Just talking about football would be getting me all excited about going to Purdue's homecoming if they hadn't blown chunks against Notre Dame.

I cant remember my first football game

There's nothing quite like going to Memorial Stadium with over 80,000 other fans and watching the Golden Bears roll over their opponents.

My first Colts game was the Colts vs Cowboys on Halloween in the '99. I was in 7th grade and my dad took me. Colts won and eventually went on to go
    13-3