Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistons demolish the Cavs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pistons demolish the Cavs

96-76 in Cleveland.

Methinks we're gonna have a war on our hands.

Default Re: Pistons demolish the Cavs

Yup.

Pacers with head coach Abraham Lincoln
    Everyone else with head coach Robert E. Lee

PistonsDynasty

Mon @ Philadelphia W 76-66 Detroit Win by 10 [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

25 Wed @ Chicago W 107-88 Detroit Win by 19

27 Fri Atlanta W 105-83 Detroit Win by 22

29 Sun @ L.A. Clippers W 100-88 Detroit Win by 12

1 Mon @ Utah L 94-86 Lost

4 Thu @ Portland W 83-68 Detroit Win by 15 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

6 Sat @ Denver W 97-66 Detroit Win by 31 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

7 Sun @ Seattle W 86-65 Detroit Win by 21 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

10 Wed Chicago W 98-65 Detroit Win by 33 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

14 Sun Philadelphia W 85-69 Detroit Win by 16 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]Sub 70[/color]

18 Thu @ New Jersey W 89-71 Detroit Win by 18 - [color=red:f8724afe3a]They CHEATED[/color]

19 Fri Denver W 94-75 Detroit Win by 19

21 Sun @ Cleveland W 96-76 Detroit Win by 20

They on FIRE. Beating everybody bydouble digits.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe the Pistons schedule is QUITE available, lol.......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I had that game on Telemundo today. Detroit is clearly the biggest obstacle in the East.

Pacers have cooled down, Pistons have heated up. So what? Ebb and flow, my friends, ebb and flow. I'd much rather have this happen now than in the playoffs. We shrugged off December, we'll shrug this off. Pistons will eventually cool down. Look at who they've beaten on this streak. Nobody of significance, except maybe the Nets. I'm not dismissing them, I'm just not all that impressed.

Pacers have cooled down, Pistons have heated up. So what? Ebb and flow, my friends, ebb and flow. I'd much rather have this happen now than in the playoffs. We shrugged off December, we'll shrug this off. Pistons will eventually cool down. Look at who they've beaten on this streak. Nobody of significance, except maybe the Nets. I'm not dimissing them, I'm just not all that impressed.
    With all due respect, you didnt fare too well in cleveland one week ago today....i had to hear from SOME people all week how dangerous the Cavs are offensively......

And we might cool down, but our defense is ALWAYS going to be there. Thats been consistent.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Dream Big

gotta love kumsplat and all the other Detroit Pissants fans.. so you're playing solid defense, God bless ya. You don't want anything to do with the pacers in post season though.

Let's keep it above the belt eh?

gotta love kumsplat and all the other Detroit Pissants fans.. so you're playing solid defense, God bless ya. You don't want anything to do with the pacers in post season though.
    ...and you dont want any part of us, either. Thats called honesty.

By the way, that kind of name-calling is pretty classless......

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was able to catch this game on the Cincinnati WB affiliate. I was more interested in watching the NCAA Tournament so I didn't watch much of the game, but it was obvious Detroit was going to win from the opening tip. The Pistons have an aura of invincibility about them right now. They're very good and they know it. The Pistons have improved by leaps and bounds since the Rasheed trade. Defensively, they pressure the ball better than anyone in the league. Cleveland wilted rather easily under that constant pressure.

I was impressed. If the Pistons and Pacers meet in the ECFs, it'll be a seven-game barnburner.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I was impressed. If the Pistons and Pacers meet in the ECFs, it'll be a seven-game barnburner.
    Yeah. It's clear the Pacers are Pistons are the class of the East and I think both teams could give the WC champ fits unless it's a fully healthy and motivated LA.

PistonsDynasty

I think I still have a couple Girl Scout cookies left, did you want one?

ed:

:P
    Yes, do you have any of those peanut butter cookies? They are the shiz-nick.

Mail them to:

Pistons Are A Dynasty
    12125 Grandmont
    Detroit, MI 48227-1100

And thank you for the cookies :P

Southside_Pacer

Both teams had had little runs of wins/losses this year. Things will even out in the end.

The Pacers probably have been more consistant, where Detroit has had more polar opposite moments on each side of things.

Both teams had had little runs of wins/losses this year. Things will even out in the end.

The Pacers probably have been more consistant, where Detroit has had more polar opposite moments on each side of things.
    If you look at our winning streaks before, we were winnign a LOT of close games by 3,4,5 points. Now were are DEMOLISHING teams by 20-25. Our nine biggest margins of victory this year have ALL come after the rasheed trade.

Ask any Pistons fan, theyll tell you that this isnt close to the same team. We could play another 100 games, and we wouldnt go on another 7-game losing streak like we did earlier.

Ehh, I dunno bout that...

IndyToad
    See the phallumontis

If you look at our winning streaks before, we were winnign a LOT of close games by 3,4,5 points. Now were are DEMOLISHING teams by 20-25. Ask any Pistons fan, theyll tell you that this isnt close to the same team. We could play another 100 games, and we wouldnt go on another 7-game losing streak like we did earlier.
    You sound like a Lakers' fan now after they signed Malone and Payton.

If you look at our winning streaks before, we were winnign a LOT of close games by 3,4,5 points. Now were are DEMOLISHING teams. Ask any Pistons fan, theyll tell you that this isnt close to the same team. We could play another 100 games, and we wouldnt go on another 7-game losing streak like we did earlier.
    No, you definitely won't go on losing streaks. This is the end of the season, and the top teams play well. Including Indiana as well. But things will even out. Though the demolishing will eventually stop, the Pistons will continue to play well. But they definitely cannot keep up this pace for the rest of the season. Law of averages. It is hard to say what would happen in a 7 game series. Guess that is what makes it interesting.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If you look at our winning streaks before, we were winnign a LOT of close games by 3,4,5 points. Now were are DEMOLISHING teams. Ask any Pistons fan, theyll tell you that this isnt close to the same team. We could play another 100 games, and we wouldnt go on another 7-game losing streak like we did earlier.
    No, you definitely won't go on losing streaks. This is the end of the season, and the top teams play well. Including Indiana as well. But things will even out. Though the demolishing will eventually stop, the Pistons will continue to play well. But they definitely cannot keep up this pace for the rest of the season. Law of averages. It is hard to say what would happen in a 7 game series. Guess that is what makes it interesting.
    Can we continue to hold every team under 70? No. Somebody will eventually break 90 on us, id wager. But that doesnt mean we cant keep winning games, especially with our defense. Rasheed only played 15 minutes tonight. We've got a lot of guys on the bench that can come in and apply pressure.

Can we continue to hold every team under 70? No. Somebody will eventually break 90 on us, id wager. But that doesnt mean we cant keep winning games, especially with our defense. Rasheed only played 15 minutes tonight. We've got a lot of guys on the bench that can come in and apply pressure.
    Of course, there is no denying that. Pistons are a different team than the beginning of the year. Their defense is superb. I am super interested as to how well they plan on playing.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Yeah, I'm guessing you guys won't lose another game between now and when they crown you champions.

Of course, there is no denying that. Pistons are a different team than the beginning of the year. Their defense is superb. I am super interested as to how well they plan on playing.
    Our guard pressure (Rip, Billups, Hunter, James) makes the other team's offense use up a lot of time getting the ball upcourt, and our big men (Wallace, Wallace, Okur) are so mobile they can help out when a guard gets into the paint. They all make it easier on each other.

What I want to see is how well Tins and AJ handle our halfcourt trap. Guardplay has been a big weakness of indiana lately. If you had Kenny in the rotation, id be more concerned. But AJ isnt much of a ballhandler, and Tins's decision-making has even ME scratching my head sometimes.

Yeah, I'm guessing you guys won't lose another game between now and when they crown you champions.
    Lol if that happened they deserve to be champions

All kidding aside, this should make for an interesting ECF......if Jermiane Oneal can score on this frontline, he's better than I thought, and Im the one pushing him for 2nd place in the MVP voting.....

Southside_Pacer

The Pacers haven't even lost three in a row all year, where the Pistons had a seven game losing streak this year. That tells me a lot right there. The Pacers have just been more consistant during the year.