Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Bob Dylan song are you?

Default Re: Which Bob Dylan song are you?

Which Bob Dylan song are you?

My Results:

Tangled Up In Blue

I don't know what I did but this is what I got.

What Neil Diamond Song Are You?

You Dont Bring Me FLowers

Click Here to Take This Quiz
    Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

"They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Christ. Time to seek employment elsewhere, friend.
    No doubt. But at this rate America will soon be naught more than JPMorgan, Wal-mart and perhaps, Taco Bell's in a Shell station. JPMC is borg-like in their voracity.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    I don't know what I did but this is what I got.

You Dont Bring Me FLowers

Hey, stop trying to Shanghai this thread.

My Neal Diamond song is "Forever In Blue Jeans."

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    I got this:
    "Entertainment/Recreation/Hobbies;Forum/Bulletin Boards;Sexual Materials" content is forbidden by JPMorganChase Information Security policy.

How does PD work for you?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

PD works fine. Hence, the constant daytime posting.

Coming To America

Why Not Us ?

There are so many books out there about him. Any of those that you read that you recommend?
    I'd recommend all of those I listed, but it depends on what you're looking for. Behind the Shades covers his whole career (up to a point). It's a little dry, but has a lot of info.

On the Road with Bob Dylan and Positively Fourth Street are better reads. On the Road... is a chronicle of the Rolling Thunder Review tour that was a pretty good, fun read. The author basically tagged along with the tour and bugged everybody.

Positively Fourth Street focuses on Dylan, Joan Baez, Mimi Baez and Richard Farina and their relationships during the early 60's rise of folk. Also an entertaining read.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Richard Farina
    Did he have any albums distributed? Very interesting character in his brief life.

Harmonica

No doubt. But at this rate America will soon be naught more than JPMorgan, Wal-mart and perhaps, Taco Bell's in a Shell station. JPMC is borg-like in their voracity.
    You're rationalizing.

You're rationalizing.
    Just what I observe from my node/veal-fattening pen.

Harmonica

Just what I observe from my node/veal-fattening pen.
    You must be a big fan of Network, especially Arthur Jensen's speech to Howard Beale:

Arthur Jensen: You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems; one vast, interwoven, interacting, multivaried, multinational dominion of dollars. The world is a business, Mr. Beale; it has been since man crawled out of the slime. Our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality - one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock - all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

Howard Beale: Why me?

Arthur Jensen: Because you're on television, dummy.

You must be a big fan of Network, especially Arthur Jensen's speech to Howard Beale:

Arthur Jensen: You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems; one vast, interwoven, interacting, multivaried, multinational dominion of dollars. The world is a business, Mr. Beale; it has been since man crawled out of the slime. Our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality - one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock - all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

Howard Beale: Why me?

Arthur Jensen: Because you're on television, dummy.
    Not missing the mark too much, I must say. I think I liked the script for Network more than the actual movie, which got more than a little hammy. My Weltenshaung at work is governed more by Life in Hell era Matt Groening.

Did he have any albums distributed? Very interesting character in his brief life.
    I think he and Mimi put out 3.......

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    I'd recommend all of those I listed, but it depends on what you're looking for. Behind the Shades covers his whole career (up to a point). It's a little dry, but has a lot of info.

On the Road with Bob Dylan and Positively Fourth Street are better reads. On the Road... is a chronicle of the Rolling Thunder Review tour that was a pretty good, fun read. The author basically tagged along with the tour and bugged everybody.

Positively Fourth Street focuses on Dylan, Joan Baez, Mimi Baez and Richard Farina and their relationships during the early 60's rise of folk. Also an entertaining read.
    Here's what fascinates me most about Dylan: His transformation from folkie imitator to artist/icon. One of the things that really piqued my interest from the documentary was when this one fellow talked about how one moment Dylan was just this kid traipsing around the Village singing other people's songs and the next time he saw him months later he had become this full-blown talent on his way to superstardom. What happened during those months? Not the why of it, that's inexplicable, but what were the circumstances surrounding it? And who were the people who witnessed this powder keg of artistic energy exploding? Positively 4th Street (the book) sounds like it captures that "moment" better than the other two. Is that right? No Direction Home (the book) seemingly does.

By the way, MR, where did you get that pic in your avatar?

Has anybody read Like a Rolling Stone:Bob Dylan at the Crossroads? Interesting read.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by pollardfreek
    Has anybody read Like a Rolling Stone:Bob Dylan at the Crossroads? Interesting read.
    Interesting read, or "a must read?"

Here's what fascinates me most about Dylan: His transformation from folkie imitator to artist/icon. One of the things that really piqued my interest from the documentary was when this one fellow talked about how one moment Dylan was just this kid traipsing around the Village singing other people's songs and the next time he saw him months later he had become this full-blown talent on his way to superstardom. What happened during those months? Not the why of it, that's inexplicable, but what were the circumstances surrounding it? And who were the people who witnessed this powder keg of artistic energy exploding? Positively 4th Street (the book) sounds like it captures that "moment" better than the other two. Is that right? No Direction Home (the book) seemingly does.

By the way, MR, where did you get that pic in your avatar?
    It's been a while since I've read either one, but I think, for the specific period your talking about, the Shelton book may be the best one. From what I remember, Shelton wrote a glowing review of an early performance and they became friends after than. Shelton, I think, was a big part of the early push in NY.

I think Dylan met Grossman sometime in that period, so that was probably an influence in his development. Suze Rottolo (his girlfriend at the time and with him on the cover of Freewheelin') was an activist and was influential in steering him toward the "finger pointin'" songs. Seems like throughout Behind the Shades he was always looking for a muse.....

I don't remember where Positively Fourth Street picks up. I think they may have met sometime around that period, but I don't think Joan Baez became a real factor until later........

And I found the picture via a google search.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Which Bob Dylan song are you?

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Personality Test Results