Thread: Polian Corner 9/28/05

Default Re: Polian Corner 9/28/05

Ď80 percent of an injured or tired player is not as good as 100 percent of an uninjured player.í - what the heck does that mean?

Is it a riddle or just the most obvious statement you could ever make? It is like saying having 80 dollars is not as good as having 100 dollars.

As always, I enjoy the post and Bill's comments, but this one had me scratching my head.

Q: How important was the addition of defensive tackle Corey Simon and cornerback Marlin Jackson to the defense this season?

A: Itís a combination of things. Number one, you have (defensive end) Dwight Freeney, whoís really done a terrific job and who is having a great year. Youíve got all the other guys on the defensive line really contributing as well and benefiting from the fact that Dwight draws so much attention. You have to be good to benefit from that. The linebackers are playing awfully well. (Middle linebacker) Gary Brackettís a new guy in there and heís playing very well. (Safety) Bob Sanders is difference-maker. We didnít have him for half the season last year. Had we had him for the full season, maybe things are different. As Iíve said many times, he wasnít on the field for the long drive in New England. Maybe if heís on the field for that it isnít the long drive that ate up nine minutes. Itís any combination of things coupled with the fact that our corners are playing a heck of a lot better. We havenít given up a long touchdown in three games and we gave up a spate of them last year. A lot of that is due to the fact that guys are more comfortable with the defense. They understand what (Colts Head Coach) Tony (Dungy) wants. They understand what (Colts defensive coordinator) Ron (Meeks) wants. They understand what the coaches want. It all comes together. It doesnít get done overnight. You canít build a defense overnight. People expect you to, but itís not possible.

Was he dodging this question or did he just not understand? Seemed pretty straight-forward to me.
    :thepacers

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That wasn't the question asked on the show.

The real question was actually a drunken rambling that happened to mention a couple names, and vaguely talked about the defense.

For the purposes of website presentation, the question are often changed into something that actually makes sense as opposed to what was actually said.
    Well. That sucks. I'm curious to know Bill's thoughts on that question.

Giggity Goo