Thread: NBATV steps up coverage of training camps

Default NBATV steps up coverage of training camps

This sounds like it might be fun to watch.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...baseball_x.htm

Up close: From Oct. 4-28, NBA TV will begin airing daily reports that might be best watched with dirty gym towels nearby. The league-owned channel airs Real Training Camp coverage for all NBA teams with live mikes on players and coaches.

Steve Herbst, general manager of NBA TV, now in about 15 million households, says it will be "most expansive coverage of a preseason in any sport ever seen nothing will be off-limits." Except, maybe, seeing players' locker combinations.

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBATV steps up coverage of training camps

Cool

Yep. Time to call DirecTV and add the Sports Pack back to my programming.........

Thanks for the info!

NBATV didn't turn on for me as a new LP subscriber until the preseason was under way, so this will be my first time experiencing something like this. Should be fun.

You know whats funny, I don't have LP and I have NBA TV as part of my cable package, year round. I would think if you are going to pay for the LP privledges, they should give it to you year round...

They do for me; but when I first subscribed in I think August or September last year, they didn't "turn it on" until the preseason". But I've had NBATV all through this summer.

Sports Logo

I have the auto renew set for league pass so I dont have to call them every year to tell them I want it again. I get NBA TV all year round, I dont know if thats normal for Direct TV or if its just because I am on the auto renew but its nice.

Oh and before anyone starts another "Is League pass worth it" thread YES IT IS!!!!

ah, all I want to see is the Pacers games....I can live with only seeing national games for all other teams so I don't have to buy LP, all I have to do is pay an extra $12 a month for the sports pack...

In a perfect world, I would have League Pass, but I live in the POOR WORLD so I only get the sports pack!

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ah, all I want to see is the Pacers games....I can live with only seeing national games for all other teams so I don't have to buy LP, all I have to do is pay an extra $12 a month for the sports pack...

In a perfect world, I would have League Pass, but I live in the POOR WORLD so I only get the sports pack!
    That's the crazy part. League Pass is usually about 180 dollars. 12 bucks per month times 12 months is 144 dollars. So really, you're saving less than 4 dollars per month, and getting the fox channels instead of all the games. I would SOOOO order LP myself, but alas, I leave for work at 8:45pm, so the value for me is greatly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the crazy part. League Pass is usually about 180 dollars. 12 bucks per month times 12 months is 144 dollars. So really, you're saving less than 4 dollars per month, and getting the fox channels instead of all the games. I would SOOOO order LP myself, but alas, I leave for work at 8:45pm, so the value for me is greatly diminished.
    I only add the $12 a month for the NBA season, not year round....

That ends up being about 8 months of the year, or $100 or so. For my particular situation, LP is not worth it. I don't have the time to watch more than the Pacers games, nor do I care to. It would be nice to be able to switch to other games during timeouts or something, but for almost double the price, LP just isn't worth it.