Thread: Peter King's Monday Morning QB - Week 3

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Peter King's Monday Morning QB - Week 3

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ek3/index.html

Colts mentions include:

THE FINE FIFTEEN

This week's top 15 teams in the NFL:

1. Indianapolis (3-0). Four winnable games (at Tennessee, at San Francisco, St. Louis, at Houston), then a bye, are all that stand in the way of the Colts being 7-0 on Nov. 7, when they play the Pats in Foxboro.
    Defensive Player of the Week

Indianapolis defensive end Dwight Freeney. In the Browns' first two games this year, quarterback Trent Dilfer hadn't been sacked. But then he hadn't faced Freeney, who had three sacks and six tackles on Sunday. It's hard to imagine a defensive player having more impact on the game right now than the cat-quick, powerful Freeney is.
    Coach of the Week

Indianapolis defensive coordinator Ron Meeks. One stat says it all: The Patriots have allowed 20, 27 and 20 points in their three games thus far. They're the AFC gold standard, of course. Indy's allowed 16 points. Total. Seven, three, six, in the wake of Indy's 13-6 win over the Browns. The first seven were garbage points against Baltimore in the opener. Meeks has the weapons, and he's showing he can gameplan.
    4. I think the most amazing stat after three weeks is the number of touchdown passes by Peyton Manning: two. Two touchdowns in 12 quarters. Last year he averaged one touchdown pass per 19:35 of gametime. This year he's averaging one touchdown pass per 90:00.
    7. I think someone needs to tell Dwight Freeney how many games there are in a season. His quote after the 3-0 Colts' win over Cleveland: "We still got, what, 15, 16 games, 14 games left. So we're gonna keep on ballin.'"
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Default Re: Peter King's Monday Morning QB - Week 3

7. I think someone needs to tell Dwight Freeney how many games there are in a season. His quote after the 3-0 Colts' win over Cleveland: "We still got, what, 15, 16 games, 14 games left. So we're gonna keep on ballin

That is great.. he must be counting the playoffs..
    hmm new sig perhaps

Why Not Us ?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How true this was:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter King
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perfect snap from Lonie Paxton. Perfect hold from Josh Miller. Boink! Vinatieri boots it end over end, headed straight down the middle of the fairway. A Tiger drive. Maybe seven feet inside the left upright. Pats win, 23-20. The Steelers just left 'em too much time.

Runs like this have happened so seldom in NFL history. The Pats were 34-4 in 2003 and 2004, including the playoffs. At 2-1 now, that puts them at 36-5 since the start of the 2003 season. Start the great Miami team's clock on opening day 1972 and advance 41 games, and the Dolphins were one game better -- 37-4

I just know we're witnessing something very, very special. Corny as it sounds, even if you bleed black and gold, you've got to appreciate the greatness in progress.

It's not right to say: Root for the Patriots. You, of course, should root for your team. But I think it is right to say: Appreciate the Patriots. Their kind won't come along again for a long, long time.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I believe they have exactly 16 games left now. Assuming we get a bye.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is still mind blowing to me that our D is getting more credit than our O

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not because I don't think they deserve it but because if you would have told me we would have one of the best D's in the league I would probably laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not because I don't think they deserve it but because if you would have told me we would have one of the best D's in the league I would probably laughed.
    Me too. The best part about this though is that we know that the offense is capable of exploding any minute.

And it will!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.