Thread: Why Does Mark Schlereth hate the Colts?

Default Why Does Mark Schlereth hate the Colts?

Is it because we pummeled his former team the last two years in the playoffs.

On NFL live he said last night Colts do not have a championship offense. because they do not have a true short yardage fullback to gain those short yards when they absolutely have too .....

Of course before he did not like the Colts because they were too "soft"
    So now this is his new reason

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Why Does Mark Schlereth hate the Colts?

We don't have a championship offense?

I thought we defined a championship offense?

He's a meathead. I almost hate him as much as Theismann.
    :thepacers

Because right now there is a definite backlash against the Colts. Can't explain it but it seems after people began to realize with our defense stepping up the Colts could really win the Super Bowl this year. All of a sudden it's trendy to put down the Shoes.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because right now there is a definite backlash against the Colts. Can't explain it but it seems after people began to realize with our defense stepping up the Colts could really win the Super Bowl this year. All of a sudden it's trendy to put down the Shoes.
    Exactly. Now our defensive line coach preaches unethical tactics and we intentionally go after people's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by BluBlood
    Exactly. Now our defensive line coach preaches unethical tactics and we intentionally go after people's knees.
    Yeah I saw that article... so one minute were soft the next we're dirty ?

Why Not Us ?

We do need a back that can pound it in on short yards...look at the New England game a couple years ago.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Until we find a way to pick up short yardage, he's not wrong.

He does have a boner against the Colts since we destroyed his team in the playoffs the last two years, but his point shouldn't be dismissed. It was arguabley our biggest weakness going into the off-season, Polian knew it, and he did **** about it.
    I would say he is dead wrong.

Our only offensive weakness is a short yardage back. Other than that, i would put any aspect of our offense against the entire league and feel extremely comfortable. Taking that into consideration, we definitely have a championship offense.

He is right in that we cant get short yardage yards. But our offense is still one of the best ever. He's an idiot, no question.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

So if you need 3 yards. Whats so bad with getting Ten. I haven't checked but have they changed the rules so that you HAVE to get exactly 3.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The colts are hardy ever in short yardage situations. The colts have the best QB in the game, and you usually want the ball in your best players hands. The only time I ever want a big back is on the goal line, but again there's maybe one time every three games where they're inside the 5 with goal to go.

I dare him to find a team with less holes to fill than Indy. He's just an analysist that thinks the Patriots are God's given gift to the NFL. I'd like to see his take on Corey Dillon right now.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want as many people as possible to hate the Colts. It's going to make it that much sweeter when were holding up the trophy in Detroit.

He's right that is a weakness, but to say it significantly limits our offense is assinine.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok, we all know that Edge is a strong runner. He doesn't usually excel in short yardage, but, he does have really strong legs and can push a tackler or two.

My belief is that we should use a FB, preferably a TE as a FB in short yardage situations. Take Utech or Hartsock, heck, even Dallas and put them in front of Edge and push. Our O-line is always tagged as "smart" or "finesse" instead of "tough" and "overpowering," but, there's always a way to get a yard or two.

And when we do have a FB in (usually Mungro), we play action pass to the FB. No one ever expects it, and it works EVERY time.

Schlereth always finds a way to hate on the Colts. I think it's hilarious. We've had a top offense for a few years, and now, our defense is coming together, and yet, we don't have a short yardage game therefore no chance? C'mon. It's trash. But, hey, we're reading it and talking about it.

He's stupid though, I can't stand him.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is just another good example of everyone having their critics.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    I want as many people as possible to hate the Colts. It's going to make it that much sweeter when were holding up the trophy in Detroit.
    I actually prefer that not every media person sing the Colts' praises. I hate it then they all pick the Colts to win. More times than not when we're the favorites we lose (or it seems that way).

And not that you actually said out loud (O.K. you typed it) that we're going to get a trophy in Detroit it will be all your fault when we don't.