Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can buy the cars, property, planes, etc. all through the internet.
    You must have to advance to a certain part of the game then. The property site is "under construction" every time I try to go there. And there isn't anything on my map with "$" for housing.

Guess I'll just keep playing till I get those options.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    You must have to advance to a certain part of the game then. The property site is "under construction" every time I try to go there. And there isn't anything on my map with "$" for housing.

Guess I'll just keep playing till I get those options.
    I believe you have to get Trevor to Los Santos. Then property opens up. It would be pretty hard to accumulate that much money before then anyways, unless you were glitching.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I believe you have to get Trevor to Los Santos. Then property opens up. It would be pretty hard to accumulate that much money before then anyways, unless you were glitching.
    You are correct... It opened up for me when I got Trevor... He started w enough $ to buy the Hen House...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I figured as much. I didn't think I would switch to Trevor right after I was about to get paid! haha Man, I was hoping to buy something and then, nope, here's Trevor.

Really digging Trevor. What a character!

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After about 3 hours I was able to finally steal that ****ing fighter jet from the army base.

Gotta say, GTAV is the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time, and I was starting to really get soured on games (I played an hour of Dishonored, but just didn't find it fun, just feel like I'm grinding without fun gameplay on Madden/NCAA). Every time I turn on the PS3, it just feels like a unique experience. One playthrough, I'll be focused on missions. The next time, I might just see a really cool thing and go explore it. Or hop on an ATV and drive around. Or actually care about upgrading cars, clothes, etc. (I never do that crap in other games unless I have to -- Bethesda games are lost on me).

A couple of my bigger likes so far:

1. Police chases actually feel like they have more gravity to them. It didn't really seem to matter if you got in a chase in previous GTAs. You could easily find your way out of it. This time around, you actually have to think. You have to switch cars, figure out somewhere like the aquaduct or train tunnels where you can lay low, etc. I like this version better.

2. Gunplay feels right, not just auto-targeting with clunky mechanics like previous versions. This largely because the cover system works better. AI seems tougher, too.

3. Heists are ridiculously fun. I've only done the first one so far, but the gameplay on the entire motorcycle sequence was breathtaking. Edge of my seat the entire time.

4. More than anything, I like the 3 character dynamic. I could never decide how I wanted to play Niko in GTA4. The entire experience just never felt cohesive -- was he a smooth assassin, a psychopath maniac? Was he a careful driver, a wild driver? Because he was the only representative, he had to embody so many personalities for the player that he just felt bland, and I could never really get into "how" to play him. But with Michael/Franklin/Trevor, it legitimately rewards you to play each differently. If I play as Trevor, I often find myself going out of the way to blow things up, be a douche, hit deer, etc. If I play as Franklin, I go out of my way to race across the map, do cool driving things, etc. It's not a conscious decision. It's just that each really has his own feel, to me, and I can play the game three different ways.

5. San Andreas is a hugely impressive accomplishment unto itself. I haven't used any cheats yet. It's fun just to explore within San Andreas.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Anyone else struggle with flying? Holy ****-balls but I suck at it. No problem with any other vehicle...just planes.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

When does the online start for GTA?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    When does the online start for GTA?
    October 1st... Should be at midnight just like a game release...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post

3. Heists are ridiculously fun. I've only done the first one so far, but the gameplay on the entire motorcycle sequence was breathtaking. Edge of my seat the entire time.
    Oh man that whole heist had my heart racing. I felt alot of nerves. This game does a good job of making you care about the outcome of things.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Anyone else struggle with flying? Holy ****-balls but I suck at it. No problem with any other vehicle...just planes.
    Not really... I had just replayed GTA San An right before V came out... Flying seemed much more controllable to me on V... But maybe that's due to my practice on San An? The controls are identicle... But the plane seemed much more stable in V... Also... Keep in mind that Trevor is already a skilled pilot when the game starts... The other two will have to level up their skill with experience... Who were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    After about 3 hours I was able to finally steal that ****ing fighter jet from the army base.
    I read the easiest way to do it is to enter the base by car w Franklin... As soon as you enter hit his Special Ability... You should be able to reach the jet before you run out of special (and I believe you won't get stars until you run out of Special... If I remember correctly)

I just completed the first flying mission (with Trevor stealing gun shipment). Took a few attempts to get the hang of it, and a boatload to get the hang of landing. Landing sucks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I just completed the first flying mission (with Trevor stealing gun shipment). Took a few attempts to get the hang of it, and a boatload to get the hang of landing. Landing sucks.

A tip for you guys...

You can buy a LS Customs franchise up in Trevor country... And it is one of the businesses that can be purchased by any of the characters... I suggest buying it with your favorite character... As once you purchase it you will get completely free car repairs and custom jobs at your shop... This saves a ton of money and allows you to easily keep any car you find dressed for success with that one character...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    October 1st... Should be at midnight just like a game release...
    Ok... So apparently not even Rockstar knows the official time Online will open up on Oct. 1st...

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09...online-go-live

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    A tip for you guys...

You can buy a LS Customs franchise up in Trevor country... And it is one of the businesses that can be purchased by any of the characters... I suggest buying it with your favorite character... As once you purchase it you will get completely free car repairs and custom jobs at your shop... This saves a ton of money and allows you to easily keep any car you find dressed for success with that one character...
    Just tried this last night and FYI it prompted me that only Franklin could purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Just tried this last night and FYI it prompted me that only Franklin could purchase it.
    Really? Sorry! I thought I had seen it open for Trevor too... My apologies!

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Just snagged NBA 2k13 for PC. Anyone A) know if it needs gamepad or anything or B) want to play with me sometime?
    Last edited by neosmndrew; 09-28-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am good at flying an airplane but holy mother of god I suck at flying a helicopter. I just wobble around up there and end up crashing.

Dr. Hibbert touched on the best think about GTA V. Having the three characters makes doing whatever you want fit the characters and makes the game overall so much more enjoyable. With GTA IV, you had Niko in cut scenes acting all Emotional about killing and so on, but when your in the mood to blow crap up it just threw the whole thing off. Now if I just want to do some horrible things I just switch to Trevor and go crazy and it just feels more natural.

So what is the craziest thing Trevor has been doing when you switch him. The last two times I have switched to him he was running from the cops and the other he was shirtless and puking in a fountain.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I suck at the helicopters. Especially if it is a timed thing. Flight school about drove me mad when I had to get through a course in a select time with the helicopter. I'm ok with the planes, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Just snagged NBA 2k13 for PC. Anyone A) know if it needs gamepad or anything or B) want to play with me sometime?
    You can play it with a keyboard and mouse, but I don't recommend it. Get a Logitech or the Xbox 360 gamepad.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I am good at flying an airplane but holy mother of god I suck at flying a helicopter. I just wobble around up there and end up crashing.

Dr. Hibbert touched on the best think about GTA V. Having the three characters makes doing whatever you want fit the characters and makes the game overall so much more enjoyable. With GTA IV, you had Niko in cut scenes acting all Emotional about killing and so on, but when your in the mood to blow crap up it just threw the whole thing off. Now if I just want to do some horrible things I just switch to Trevor and go crazy and it just feels more natural.

So what is the craziest thing Trevor has been doing when you switch him. The last two times I have switched to him he was running from the cops and the other he was shirtless and puking in a fountain.
    I'm just about to snag my first helicopter. We'll see if I struggle with that more than planes.

As for Trevor, once I switched to him and it was dawn and he was doing the crane from the Karate Kid, and another he was just waking up from sleeping on teh balcony ledge...still drunk too...in his underwear.

Now really free Lance!

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    You can play it with a keyboard and mouse, but I don't recommend it. Get a Logitech or the Xbox 360 gamepad.

Got fed up with trying to play with my keyboard, so I borrowed my roommates 360 controller. Hopefully I can get better at it.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

I'm really pumped for NBA 2K14. I guess I don't like GTA as much as I thought I would. It was my first GTA game. I'll probably enjoy GTA Online more, but I really want my basketball sim!

Now really free Lance!