Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2578

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Getting really pump for GTA V. Told my wife she needs to pre-order it for my early birthday present. Hope she listens.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Pumped about GTA V as well. It'll be the first I've ever bought.

Played Dead Rising 2. Got it while it was free. It's ok. The mechanics are really stiff, so combat isn't a lot of fun to me. Plus, I hate timed games. I like to explore the world and discover everything there is. Limited times make me angry!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting really pump for GTA V. Told my wife she needs to pre-order it for my early birthday present. Hope she listens.
    Well if she doesn't you can always rob her and get your money back...

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I wish I could get excited for GTAV, but I just never even got too far into GTAIV. Something about it just wasn't doing it for me. I think in the PS2 era of GTA I just had the most fun doing random stuff and using cheat codes to go 'Terminator' on Liberty City and Vice City. I recall that being slightly more tedious in IV.
    4 was fairly tedious, and just not really much fun. Fun in the Rockstar style I mean, it was a pretty "serious" game. They went too realistic with it and it just wasn't as fun, plus the map was so confined. Driving around the countryside in a video game sounds boring as hell, but I did it all the time in San Andreas. And I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the gameplay mechanics felt sort of clunky to me, not really responsive, on foot especially.

5 looks like it's going back to the San Andreas style, and the map's apparently massive. I'll probably rent/borrow it first, but I expect I'll end up buying it.

Saints Row 3: the full package (all the DLCs). Price finally dropped to $23 on Amazon.

Fun that you can DL other player customizations, but doesn't appear you can edit during gameplay. Would be nice to switch out between the customizations I've downloaded.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Saints Row 3: the full package (all the DLCs). Price finally dropped to $23 on Amazon.

Fun that you can DL other player customizations, but doesn't appear you can edit during gameplay. Would be nice to switch out between the customizations I've downloaded.
    On PC? There's probably a mod to fix it, probably Gentlemen of Steelport.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I wish I could get excited for GTAV, but I just never even got too far into GTAIV. Something about it just wasn't doing it for me. I think in the PS2 era of GTA I just had the most fun doing random stuff and using cheat codes to go 'Terminator' on Liberty City and Vice City. I recall that being slightly more tedious in IV.
    They are absolutely going back to that style... This game is going to be what you make it to be... The three protagonist approach is going to customize your experience even more...

When just farting around... Trevor, Michael, & Franklin all have unique statistics... Special abilities... Personalities... Bank accounts... And most importantly... Unique lives... When you swap from player to player when not in mission you never know what you might get thrown into or what you may desire to do next based on the personality you're now playing as...

When on mission... The multi protagonist approach combined with personally planned heists and NPCs with more free will will make everyone's experience unique thought the storyline...

And then you've got the whole GTA Online coming where you will have a story mode/free will/multiplayer campaign with your own completely customized character you will create from DNA... This character will live their life (even when you are not playing online) based life choice preferences that you decide on...

There's also massive car customization, planes, and tanks back from GTA SA... And they've added full fledged games within a game with golf, tennis, and much more... And the map is monstrous (and completely open from day one)...

Let's just say I'm a little pumped for this game to be here in a little over a week... The level of detail and customization has blown my mind already... I'm anticipating it to be the best game to date... I am way more pumped for this game than I am the release of the PS4...
    Last edited by J7F; 09-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    On PC? There's probably a mod to fix it, probably Gentlemen of Steelport.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/
    I just needed to go a little further in the game. I can now switch out costumes no problem.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    They are absolutely going back to that style... This game is going to be what you make it to be... The three protagonist approach is going to customize your experience even more...

When just farting around... Trevor, Michael, & Franklin all have unique statistics... Special abilities... Personalities... Bank accounts... And most importantly... Unique lives... When you swap from player to player when not in mission you never know what you might get thrown into or what you may desire to do next based on the personality you're now playing as...

When on mission... The multi protagonist approach combined with personally planned heists and NPCs with more free will will make everyone's experience unique thought the storyline...

And then you've got the whole GTA Online coming where you will have a story mode/free will/multiplayer campaign with your own completely customized character you will create from DNA... This character will live their life (even when you are not playing online) based life choice preferences that you decide on...

There's also massive car customization, planes, and tanks back from GTA SA... And they've added full fledged games within a game with golf, tennis, and much more... And the map is monstrous (and completely open from day one)...

Let's just say I'm a little pumped for this game to be here in a little over a week... The level of detail and customization has blown my mind already... I'm anticipating it to be the best game to date... I am way more pumped for this game than I am the release of the PS4...
    Just so happy there is co op now. And 3 player co op!

Now really free Lance!

Hopefully they did not continue to try to be so serious with the driving in GTAV. The driving mechanics in IV was just trying to hard to be realistic that it was just down right nerve racking. Yes, the driving in SR4 is not realistic, but I am not playing videogames to get some realistic driving mechanics. I just want to drive to my mission or do crazy stuff while driving. If I wanted a realistic driving experience I would go play a game like Forza that is just driving.

I think the three different characters should make things much more enjoyable. One of the frustrating things with IV was when I wanted to just do some crazy stuff like go on a mass killing spree with my car and guns. Then I would do a mission and Niko would go in all whiney mode about killing. What you could do in the world tended to contradict Niko's character arch. The hillbilly seems to be a crazy guy so I could do my crazy stuff with him and keep the more grounded stuff with the other two.

I am definitely excited for GTA V especially the online protion. They hit a nice home run with the online mode with RDR so this should be a grand slam if they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Hopefully they did not continue to try to be so serious with the driving in GTAV. The driving mechanics in IV was just trying to hard to be realistic that it was just down right nerve racking. Yes, the driving in SR4 is not realistic, but I am not playing videogames to get some realistic driving mechanics. I just want to drive to my mission or do crazy stuff while driving. If I wanted a realistic driving experience I would go play a game like Forza that is just driving.

I think the three different characters should make things much more enjoyable. One of the frustrating things with IV was when I wanted to just do some crazy stuff like go on a mass killing spree with my car and guns. Then I would do a mission and Niko would go in all whiney mode about killing. What you could do in the world tended to contradict Niko's character arch. The hillbilly seems to be a crazy guy so I could do my crazy stuff with him and keep the more grounded stuff with the other two.

I am definitely excited for GTA V especially the online protion. They hit a nice home run with the online mode with RDR so this should be a grand slam if they do it right.
    The driving is supposedly back to being more arcade like... It's prolly a little more like Midnight Club was than GTA IV... I know Franklin's special ability is to slow things down through turns like they did in Midnight Club...

Ok, so I read that the main story isn't co op at all. You just control all 3 players and switch between them.

Have to wait 2 additional weeks for the Online multiplayer and though you can't do the main storyline, there are supposed to be tons of quests. I guess I can live with that.

Plus, that'll give me and my friend a little extra time with Saints Row 3.

Now really free Lance!

The driving is supposedly back to being more arcade like... It's prolly a little more like Midnight Club was than GTA IV... I know Franklin's special ability is to slow things down through turns like they did in Midnight Club...
    That is good to hear. The driving and the whole girfriend/friend stuff was two of the things that drove me nuts about IV. It was a nice idea, but poorly executed because it would just lead to annoying things like right about to get to a mission and hear Hey Niko do you want to go bowling?

Here is the map for GTA V. I think just exploring the wilderness on a dirt bike will be a ton of fun. This world looks to just be massive.

That is good to hear. The driving and the whole girfriend/friend stuff was two of the things that drove me nuts about IV. It was a nice idea, but poorly executed because it would just lead to annoying things like right about to get to a mission and hear Hey Niko do you want to go bowling?

Here is the map for GTA V. I think just exploring the wilderness on a dirt bike will be a ton of fun. This world looks to just be massive.
    One of the first thing I want to do is scuba dive. Just to see what happens first, if I can find buried treasure or get eaten by a shark. hahahahaha

Now really free Lance!

One of the first thing I want to do is scuba dive. Just to see what happens first, if I can find buried treasure or get eaten by a shark. hahahahaha
    I have a feeling that my first encounter with a shark is going to scare the crap out of me

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling that my first encounter with a shark is going to scare the crap out of me
    Can't be as bad as the first time you meet a saltwater crocodile in Farcry 3......
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pumped for easter eggs. Hopefully bigfoot is around!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Would be cool to come across a crop circle or something spelled out that you can only see from up above.

Now really free Lance!

Can't be as bad as the first time you meet a saltwater crocodile in Farcry 3......
    I never had the pleasure... I'll see if I can find it on YouTube...

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I've seen rumblings that he is in there... Can't wait to hunt him down! I'm gonna use a taser so I can bring him in breathing

Just watched a video... I hate it when things pop out of nowhere like that I would think this would be scarier due to the first person view and not being able to see all of your surroundings as much...

Right after I go flying around the woods on a dirt bike I definitely plan on going scuba diving. One of the reasons I have put off wanting to get a next gen console is because I have a feeling it will be a long time before I put GTA V down.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Right after I go flying around the woods on a dirt bike I definitely plan on going scuba diving. One of the reasons I have put off wanting to get a next gen console is because I have a feeling it will be a long time before I put GTA V down.
    I'm still going next gen on release... But I don't really know why... I will most likely still be into GTA online (if it works as well as advertised) and I could see the current gen basketball games being better than next gen in year one due to a lack of features (but we'll see)... And the only announced PS4 game I'm stoked for is Infamous and it won't be out til February... I've got asassins creed coming with the system... But I'm not all that excited about it since the overall story appears to be closed (but hopefully this game will somehow re-ignite some more mysteries?)

Anyone getting GTA tonight?

Getting my copy after work. My meeting at 4 better not have a lot questions or run long!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

J7F