Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2616

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

and the PS4 is cheaper. gg no re xbox

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Game over man, Game over!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Too early to say that, but the price not being $500-600 does help a hell of a lot
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I'm happy you guys are getting the PS4 you want, but the hyperbole against the X1 is a little ridiculous.

Dream Big

Xbox Live gold members, Fable 3 on demand is free. Grab it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm happy you guys are getting the PS4 you want, but the hyperbole against the X1 is a little ridiculous.
    You would have thought Sony dropped a bomb like COD is now exclusive or something, but Sony did have a good presentation, but it was not like it was earth shattering. The $100 difference was a big announcement though.

New Smash bros has Megaman. Sold.

Mario Kart 8 looks a lot of fun, and the new 3D mario has Mario 2 features (floating Peach!). Bayonetta 2 looks really good too.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Microsoft is signing their own death warrant with the changes they are making regarding used and borrowed games. This alone sealed the deal for me. The $100 lower price point for PS4 was just gravy. I have kids, and bills. I can't afford to pay $60 for every game. I get almost all of my games by renting, borrowing, buying used, or buying new later at great discounts. The only game so far I bought day one new during the entire life cycle of the 360 was Skyrim and it killed me to do that one...
    Last edited by travmil; 06-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    Xbox Live gold members, Fable 3 on demand is free. Grab it while you can.
    Not even for free. The Fable series is the worst RPG series to ever come into existence. It was over hyped and never delivered. The 2nd one didn't even have boss battles, especially for the end battle. There was nothing. I played 1 and 2. I heard that the 3rd one didn't have a boss battle either.

There is a reason it's free. It sucks hardcore.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Microsoft is signing their own death warrant with the changes they are making regarding used and borrowed games. This alone sealed the deal for me. The $100 lower price point was just gravy.
    Exactly. The biggest cheer wasn't for the price (which was surprising), but the complete rejection of the anti-consumer policies Microsoft created. My group of friends are all on 360, and I very much expect that to change this next generation. We loan each other games all the time, losing that ability would really suck.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Microsoft is signing their own death warrant with the changes they are making regarding used and borrowed games. This alone sealed the deal for me. The $100 lower price point for PS4 was just gravy. I have kids, and bills. I can't afford to pay $60 for every game. I get almost all of my games by renting, borrowing, buying used, or buying new later at great discounts. The only game so far I bought day one new during the entire life cycle of the 360 was Skyrim and it killed me to do that one...
    Not really. Used games don't usually sell that much less than a new one. Hey, I saved $5, whooptie-do. The only thing that'll probably suck is trying to find some older games after a couple of years into the Xbox1 cycle.

Plus, Sony is leaving it up to the publishers whether they want to have the games sold as used. You think the publishers are going to say yes to that? I bet it'll end up the same as Xbox1.

Price isn't that much of an issue either. They are both expensive.

For me, it'll come down to exclusives. So far, I'm more impressed with Sony's exclusives than I am with Xbox. Either way, I'm waiting a year after both new machines have been till I decide.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Not really. Used games don't usually sell that much less than a new one. Hey, I saved $5, whooptie-do. The only thing that'll probably suck is trying to find some older games after a couple of years into the Xbox1 cycle.

Plus, Sony is leaving it up to the publishers whether they want to have the games sold as used. You think the publishers are going to say yes to that? I bet it'll end up the same as Xbox1.

Price isn't that much of an issue either. They are both expensive.

For me, it'll come down to exclusives. So far, I'm more impressed with Sony's exclusives than I am with Xbox. Either way, I'm waiting a year after both new machines have been till I decide.
    I think a lot of people are glossing over that point. Sony did not come out and say that there will be zero DRM on their console. They just are leaving it up to the publisher and I really doubt that Ubisoft or Rockstar will gladly pass on DRM for the PS4 when they are making money off the X1 for used games.

Microsoft just shot themselves into the foot on not having a concrete plan about used games.

The only issues that I have with the X1 at this time is it is a bit more expensive then what I wanted and the 24 hour check in. The way I view that 24 hour check in to the internet is if my internet is down for more than a few hours I probably have much more things to worry about than playing videogames. I am definitely not the person who takes their console on vacation so my console will always be connected.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

The extra $100 is for the Kinnect, which, at least at launch, you HAVE to buy.

I haven't gotten a console since a Gamecube, and even that was a hand-me-down from a friend who moved up to an xbox. I really don't want to spend $400, and I absolutely can't spend $500. My roommate told me he'd get a ps4 so i may sneak in and buy/play the new Kingdom Heats while he isn't looking.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I bet it'll end up the same as Xbox1.
    I bet it won't. At the very most, I would bet that publishers use it as an artificial exclusivity window, or as a way to force Gamestop and others to give them a cut of the used games market. I could see them saying something like "For the first 6 months after release, game X will not be able to be played used. After that, fair game." I would also say that after Sony blew Microsoft out of the water on this point, they will highly discourage publishers from saying no to used games. This policy even as you have outlined is a HUGE difference from what Microsoft has said which is "no used games, no how, now way, not happening."

I don't like having to pay $499. I thought the rumor would be true that I could get one for $299 if I agreed to a 2-year commitment to Xbox Live Gold, which I was prepared to do. If that doesn't happen (and so far, I haven't heard anything to suggest that it will), then that sucks.

That having been said:

1. I never bought a PS3, and I was always happy with my 360.
    2. This means I'm content and comfortable with Xbox, and I see Xbox One as a much better Xbox than the 360, so I'm excited in that regard.
    3. I rarely bought used games.
    4. I never sold games.
    5. I rarely borrowed or loaned 360 games with friends.

So for all of the above reasons, I'm sticking with Xbox.

I don't have a Wii U, I probably won't have a PS4. If money were no object, I would probably buy all 3 just to have all possibilities. But that just ain't the case.

The most annoying thing to me is that neither the X1 or the PS4 can play 360 or PS3 games. That's crap.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Also:

1. Do we know the games will be $60 this generation? I'd heard talk of them going up to $70, and I thought I saw last night there was a PS4 game listed at $100?

2. If I were to buy a Wii U, can I download my classic Nintendo games to it that I already bought once before on the original Wii, or do I have to double-purchase them?

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Websites like Amazon have used 99.99$ as placeholder for unpriced games/games without announced release dates for a while. If there is an increase, which I have not heard anything to indicate, it would be only to $70, though i sincerely hope it stays at $60.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

20. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

I bet it won't. At the very most, I would bet that publishers use it as an artificial exclusivity window, or as a way to force Gamestop and others to give them a cut of the used games market. I could see them saying something like "For the first 6 months after release, game X will not be able to be played used. After that, fair game." I would also say that after Sony blew Microsoft out of the water on this point, they will highly discourage publishers from saying no to used games. This policy even as you have outlined is a HUGE difference from what Microsoft has said which is "no used games, no how, now way, not happening."
    Where has M$ said that there will be no used games at all? I have read conflicting reports about a fee for used games, but that they do have a policy for used games and that you will be able to sell your licenses to said game. If you have read where M$ has said no used games period then let me know because I do buy some used games sometimes.

From what I have read, M$ plan is more like Steam and I would applaud them if they went that route and had their own self contained system like Steam.

I just do not see why a publisher would not support the DRM for used games when they are the ones ultimately losing out because of places like Gamestop and borrowed games. Every time Gamestop sells that used version of AC3 Ubisoft gets zero dollars for it. Why would Ubisoft not want a piece for Sony when they are getting it with M$? Honestly, I applaud Sony for not going full DRM, but I think us gamers just need to see the reality that has been PC gamers and other digital media like music and books.

I think we are more likely to see publishers at first not use the DRM as much on Sony, but as the generation matures I think Sony will have the same thing as M$ when it comes to used games.
    Last edited by thewholefnshow31; 06-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Mood

At this point does it even matter? Microsoft left the door cracked by trying to be vague about what their DRM plan was and Sony kicked that door off it's hinges. Even if you're right and the two consoles end up having similar DRM strategies, the damage has been done. Microsoft has a lot of work to do to clean up this perception they have created that they are preventing you from lending out and borrowing games.
    Last edited by travmil; 06-11-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Websites like Amazon have used 99.99$ as placeholder for unpriced games/games without announced release dates for a while. If there is an increase, which I have not heard anything to indicate, it would be only to $70, though i sincerely hope it stays at $60.
    $70 would be brutal.

I think this should clear up the used games on Xbox One stuff, though it looks different than the last IGN article I saw about it (I think), and I don't have time to go through it right now (Heading out the door):

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Us...es_and_Rentals

At this point does it even matter? Microsoft left the door cracked by trying to be vague about what their DRM plan was and Sony kicked that door off it's hinges. Even if you're right and the two consoles end up having similar DRM strategies, the damage has been done. Microsoft has a lot of work to do to clean up this perception they have created that they are preventing you from lending out and borrowing games.
    That's true if someone was going to lock in their decision immediately upon E3 announcements. But these things aren't coming out for 5 months; people will make up their mind over that period of time, and let's not forget tons of people don't buy new consoles on release day, or even necessarily for Christmas.

Sony has an advantage in this right now, but even that is only amongst people who care passionately about this, which not all of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Also:

1. Do we know the games will be $60 this generation? I'd heard talk of them going up to $70, and I thought I saw last night there was a PS4 game listed at $100?

2. If I were to buy a Wii U, can I download my classic Nintendo games to it that I already bought once before on the original Wii, or do I have to double-purchase them?
    1. they haven't announced prices yet for games
    2. you can transfer your games from your wii to wii u without having to rebuy them
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

If only PS4 didn't have the same ****** controller style. Id be on board, but i feverishly hate the controller. Yes, that badly. With that said Microsoft is killing itself with all this anti piracy measures. They are going to lose more business than they save from stopping piracy. Ditch the always always listening/watching, used game ban, and daily/hourly online checks taht prevent you from playing your $70 game on your $500 console even offline. RIDICULOUS!

Guess ill be riding this 360 till the wheels fall off, in hopes that MS gets it **** together or third party makes an xbox style controller for ps4 lol.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Destiny looks like a cross between Halo and Mass Effect with the Borderlands thrown in. I like it!

I need some NBA 2K14 vids though!! C'mon! Oh, and NBA Live '14 too, just so I have something to laugh at with those gumby-like bodies.

Now really free Lance!