Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

I really like Steam. Steam sales are so badass. Controller compatibility depends on the game itself.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like, if you don't play Bioshock Infinite, you're just missing out. Admittedly, I'm a big BioShock fan, and the twist was even a bit heady for me (I had to read a lot of FAQs to figure it all out). But it's a beautiful, immersive experience. One of those games where I can spend just as long just looking & listening as I can actually engaging in combat and story quests.
    Would you recommend playing through Bioshock 2 or going straight to Infinite?

Are the stories interconnected?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Is Steam worth it? How does everyone play their games when they buy on steam? Keyboard or controller? I like controllers cause they are much easier to me. I never really cared for keyboard. Too many keys/buttons for my taste.

I see some of the prices for games on Steam and they are awfully tempting.
    As a PC guy, I can't imagine being one without having Steam. It's THAT damn awesome.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

NBA 2K14 trailer debuts during the Final Game 1 tonight.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

This made me regret never buying a PS3. I won't now, especially this late in it's cycle, just for this, but this looks really good:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This made me regret never buying a PS3. I won't now, especially this late in it's cycle, just for this, but this looks really good:

This is why when the new gen is out, I'm going to do a side by side comparison. Ultimately, whichever has the better Exclusive titles will probably win out. I want to play MLB the show for once dammit. Also, this game looks amazing!!! I want this for xbox...aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... .
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

"Last of us" looks really intriguing, might pick it up used though.

Also really interested in COD Ghosts, but I find the multiplayer in COD to be stupid, can't stand all the perks and helicopter BS, Kill cams, and the levels don't have any real destruction like the Battlefield games do. However the Battlefield games just rely way too much on vehicle superiority. Whatever happened to the good ol days of Socom2-3...that had so many styles of play, you could run and gun, you could hang back and snipe, you could get in a jeep and run guys down, but what ever style you chose you never felt like you were at a huge disadvantage any situation.

I'm probably only pick up on game this year until the PS4 comes out and thats Grand Theft Auto....looks amazing as always.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching the microsoft presentation at E3.

I think all the major press conferences are gonna be broadcast on here http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Mood

I'm digging Xbox One. I like the DVR feature, and I'm thrilled they're teaming with Twich TV for live streaming capabilities. That was something I was concerned would only be a PS4 thing (watching friends play via live stream).

Apparently you can also play one game while you wait for something to happen in another game, if I saw correctly. I hope that's the case because that is friggin' SWEET. Speaking as someone who loses a lot of time on 2K13 in between matches (waiting for everyone from both teams to join, finding another game on Game Battles), if I can play another game while I wait in the Online Lobby of my 2k14 game too, I will be very happy. Alternatively, just being able to watch a video (including Netflix, I hope?) in a split screen while I wait in a lobby or whatnot would be amazing, too.

Also, it looked like you can switch between two games in just a few seconds, which is amazing.

Coming November 2013 for $499 in the U.S. That's a pricey piece of hardware, but it's not shocking, either. I wonder if the rumor of a $299 version (if you agree to pay two years of Xbox Live Gold) is true. If it is, obviously that's the route I'll take.

All in all, I'm very happy with how Xbox One is shaping up. I just wish I had a mainstream TV provider so I could be confident that I could integrate my television watching straight within this box; I'm concerned that won't be possible with Metronet. That's the only fly in the ointment for me.

Call of Duty ‏@CallofDuty 9 Jun

Pro baller & Call of Duty fan @Hoya2aPacer is taking your questions at E3, Monday at 4:30pm PDT. Details: http://bit.ly/E3CODchat

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I bought WWE13 yesterday. I haven't watched wrestling since the late-90's when I was a teenager, but that's what drew me to the game: the Attitude Era mode where you play out storylines from that time. It's fun reliving those memories from when I paid attention. I also love the ability to create matches and put titles on the line etc, only problem is, I hardly know anyone on the current WWE roster.

The X1 has me interested especially with Killer Instinct, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, but the $500 price tag is a bit much. I really doubt PS4 will be much cheaper, but their show made me much more intersted even with the every 24 hour check in and DRM.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    The X1 has me interested especially with Killer Instinct, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, but the $500 price tag is a bit much. I really doubt PS4 will be much cheaper, but their show made me much more intersted even with the every 24 hour check in and DRM.
    If I remember correctly, didn't the Xbox 360 run $400/$500 when it was released and PS3 was $600? I'm surprised the price is around the same, but definitely glad it's not higher.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Xbox 360 when it came out in mid-November of 2005, was $399.99 for the Premium Edition and $299.99 for the Core edition, I believe.

$500 sucks, and I was hoping for $400 but it could be worse, I suppose. Curious to what PS4 will be priced at, and also awaiting Bungie showing off some gameplay footage of their new game, Destiny
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Xbox 360 when it came out in mid-November of 2005, was $399.99 for the Premium Edition and $299.99 for the Core edition, I believe.

$500 sucks, and I was hoping for $400 but it could be worse, I suppose. Curious to what PS4 will be priced at, and also awaiting Bungie showing off some gameplay footage of their new game, Destiny
    Get ready for multiple pricepoints for PS4 starting at $400 if Gamespot is right:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-to-r...eport-6409624/

Hmm, that sounds about right. Surprised that it looks like Xbox One is just going to have a set price and one version you can buy at launch....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Stupid question, as I'm waiting for the live stream of Sony's e3 conference, I wonder if Nintendo is doing one or if they've just given up already?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Stupid question, as I'm waiting for the live stream of Sony's e3 conference, I wonder if Nintendo is doing one or if they've just given up already?
    Tomorrow at 10AM EDT/7 AM PDT

I'm looking forward to this Sony conference.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

They don't have a conference this time. They're doing a Nintendo Direct and they'll just give the same information but without the stage presentation.

There's no need for them to give up. With a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, a new Mario, Wind Waker HD remake, A Link to the Past 2, and possible new Zelda tease all happening tomorrow, there's plenty of awesomeness to go around.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Would you recommend playing through Bioshock 2 or going straight to Infinite?

Are the stories interconnected?
    Ah, missed this earlier.

I mean, in terms of overall amazingness of games for the first time, the order is definitely: Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite ... and then Bioshock 2.

That's not to say Bioshock 2 is a bad game. It's just hard to top the way Rapture was introduced in the first, and the story that went with. It's still a good story, and the drill dash as a Big Daddy never gets old. But in the same sense, it's also a lot less intimidating to play and harder to become immersed in the world, because you're a freaking Big Daddy. You have to TRY to die in the game.

I don't think much of Bioshock Infinite really depends on playing Bioshock 2, so pretty much your call. It's still a worthwhile play, and it's a good game, it just suffers from existing in the same series as two absolutely genius games.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    "Last of us" looks really intriguing, might pick it up used though.

Also really interested in COD Ghosts, but I find the multiplayer in COD to be stupid, can't stand all the perks and helicopter BS, Kill cams, and the levels don't have any real destruction like the Battlefield games do. However the Battlefield games just rely way too much on vehicle superiority. Whatever happened to the good ol days of Socom2-3...that had so many styles of play, you could run and gun, you could hang back and snipe, you could get in a jeep and run guys down, but what ever style you chose you never felt like you were at a huge disadvantage any situation.

I'm probably only pick up on game this year until the PS4 comes out and thats Grand Theft Auto....looks amazing as always.
    I'm stoked for Last of Us. I much prefer games that tell good stories, involve me with characters & the world, to pure shoot 'em ups or mindless games (sports games excluded). Early buzz on Last of Us is that it is the most successful game to date at drawing players into the world and legitimately making them care about the characters, the story, and the decisions the player makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Is Steam worth it? How does everyone play their games when they buy on steam? Keyboard or controller? I like controllers cause they are much easier to me. I never really cared for keyboard. Too many keys/buttons for my taste.

I see some of the prices for games on Steam and they are awfully tempting.
    You can always get those 360 controllers that work for the PC. Think you just have to buy some software to install, and it's an easy plug-and-play in your USB port. Used to play FEAR that way a long while back.

This is a massacre. Sony is killing it.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    They don't have a conference this time. They're doing a Nintendo Direct and they'll just give the same information but without the stage presentation.

There's no need for them to give up. With a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, a new Mario, Wind Waker HD remake, A Link to the Past 2, and possible new Zelda tease all happening tomorrow, there's plenty of awesomeness to go around.
    Yeah, the Nintendo exclusives are always good, but I really wish they wouldn't have went with 8 year old technology. I like the Wii U, we have one downstairs, but when developers choose to not make games for it because of the hardware being old/tricky or whatever it is, that's not a good sign.

As much as we all hate EA, not having a new Madden/FIFA this fall (at least) is bad for them.

I'd have been fine with paying $100 more if they would have just upgraded the raw power of the system to at least around what Sony and Microsoft has
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Just caught the last few mins of the live Destiny demo. Loooooookin' gooooood
    Super Bowl XLI Champions