Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

I'm on the cutting edge. Last game I played was Madden 06 just now.

It was 9.99 at Fry's today.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm on the cutting edge. Last game I played was Madden 06 just now.

It was 9.99 at Fry's today.

-Bball
    Think that's bad? I just beat the original Super Mario Brothers (on the Nintendo Entertainment System) for the first time this week. And guess what? I didn't use any warp zones, honest! SMB2 and SMB3 pale in comparison with the difficulty of the original IMO - I know cause I beat them too! I'm having the best winter break of my life, and it's very depressing that these video game victories are the highlights of my college years.

Just for a mental picture, my mom and dad sat on either side of me on our couch as I beat SMB2 and SMB3 (once in Frog suit, once in Tanooki suit - which I have always called Tamagachi because I'm an idiot, and once as a Hammer dude). I may or may not have been wearing a shirt.

Oh, if anyone remembers SMB3 (I mean, it only came out 17 years ago, so it should still be fresh in your minds), try to argue against the Goomba's Shoe as the coolest thing ever. You can't.

...I shouldn't post this...

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    So someone give me the skinny on FFXII. Obviously you guys love it, but keep in mind I'm a hardcore FF player, and have been playing since I was...7 with the original FF. Having said that, I feel the series is going down the crapper, with every incarnation focusing more on gameplay and graphics, when I prefer they stick to a compelling storyline. I was planning on completely blowing this one off, but it's set in Ivalice, and is done by the guy that did my favorite FF of all time, FF Tactics.

So, give me a brief synopsis? Will I hate this game? Or does it have some sort of storyline to keep me interested?
    Uh, I can't help you too much since I hadn't played a FF since that original one for NES. But this one has been really enjoyable. And the jist I've gotten from the few people I know who own it is that it's been their favorite FF in a number of releases.
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    So someone give me the skinny on FFXII. Obviously you guys love it, but keep in mind I'm a hardcore FF player, and have been playing since I was...7 with the original FF. Having said that, I feel the series is going down the crapper, with every incarnation focusing more on gameplay and graphics, when I prefer they stick to a compelling storyline. I was planning on completely blowing this one off, but it's set in Ivalice, and is done by the guy that did my favorite FF of all time, FF Tactics.

So, give me a brief synopsis? Will I hate this game? Or does it have some sort of storyline to keep me interested?
    I've been a pretty big FF fan since 6 was 3. Played all the main games and most of the spin-offs from the SNES to the PS2. I thought the last two entries (ignoring 11, which should have been a spin-off) had strong stories and characters, however, so we probably diverge a bit on that point. So that's where I'm coming from.

Having said that, I think FF12 is rather weak on both story and character development. The plot has so far been disappointingly straightforward (and I'm pretty close to the end), without many of the unexpected twists FF is known for. The story is much less epic in scale, mainly focusing on politics - much like Tactics, so you may like it more than I. Even though the quest itself is longer, it just seems like there's a lot less to the story than there usually is. The party is disappointing for the most part. Vaan and Penelo are almost completely useless story-wise, and Fran and Basch are greatly under-utilized. Ashe and Balthier are really the only fully-realized characters.

On the other hand, the gameplay is fantastic. Probably the best of the series. They've crafted a perfect blend of ATB and MMO combat. The whole Gambit thing seems like a terrible idea at first, but it's really just a new system of management - you delegate instead of micromanage. Battles become more strategic, if anything. In most FF games, I'm plain tired of fighting by the end of the game, but I'm still enjoying killing things here. The License Board is not as inspired as 10's Sphere Grid, but it's still a great system. Like the Gambits, it seems like a terrible idea at first but it grows on you. And as you may have determined from my other posts in this thread, the sidequests are nearly endless, and never feel like a chore thanks to the battle system. And that's not even touching upon the outstanding art direction...

Anyway, take that for what you will.

IndyToad
    Bzzt

I bought the game Black just now, the game is sick. Just very hard.

Been playing a handful of games lately. I just got Lost Planet which has been amazing. It feels like a 3D contra done right with some Bionic Commando aspects thrown in.

Also I've been playing Viva Piñata on occation which despite the show is really fun. It's always fun trying to get new species in your garden and "converting" the sours.

The rest of my gaming time has been spent between Gears and Oblivion. I may just play Gears on occasion if I can get most of the achievements. And after pouring 100+ hours into Oblivion I still haven't felt like completing the main storyline.

YAY ME!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh my...how did this thread make it so far down the list. Well I've been playing NBA Street Homecourt for the 360 to death lately. It's pretty good, I'd place it a notch above Street V.3 but a little below Vol 2. The graphics on the courts are incredibly realistic. I have an absolutely HUGE gripe about the gameplay though. You might as well not even attempt to actually shoot the ball because everything that's not a dunk gets blocked. Once I stole the ball and had an uncontested breakaway and shot from deep only to see all three computer opponents fly into the screen and block the shot. I know it's a minor gripe in a game that's all about insane handles and dunks but it would be nice to be able to actually shoot to win a close game.

I also got some new Xbox live Arcade games, Alien Hominid and TMNT 1989 Arcade Game. I forgot how many of my quarters that game took back in the day.

I also picked up Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 and so far it has been VERY enjoyable. It's right up there with the best RPG's the PS2 has to offer in terms of quality and depth. And you truly won't believe the visuals that the PS2 is pumping out on this game. It doesn't rival any of the next gen systems but it has to be considered one of the best looking PS2 titles available. Very smooth, very well done.

That's about it for now.

Banned

Cricket 2007.

Titan Quest. Best diablo 2 ripoff since, well diablo 2.

GTR 2 simulator + Logitech G25 wheel + Porsche GT3-RSR + Nurburgring =

Mood

I downloaded Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade early this morning. I played the original for PS1 and this is a direct port of that game. Any of you 360 owners out there who never played the original, you owe yourselves to check out this classic. It truly is one of the best games ever made, and it stands up surprisingly well even after 10 years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Splatterhouse.

I love the Virtual Console.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I downloaded Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade early this morning. I played the original for PS1 and this is a direct port of that game. Any of you 360 owners out there who never played the original, you owe yourselves to check out this classic. It truly is one of the best games ever made, and it stands up surprisingly well even after 10 years.
    Yes, the game is amazing, and one of the best side-scrollers ever made. I've been sitting on my Greatest Hits PS1 version for a while now. I had an extra sealed copy I actually sold a few months ago for $70.

They're also going to be releasing this (with extras) on the PSP in a package with a revamped version of Rondo of Blood. I can't freakin' wait.

DDR extreme
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

STALKER

Perhaps not the most refined gameengine ever but the scope, setting and atmosphere makes it the best game of it's type since the "old" days of system shock 1 - 2 and Deux Ex.

I just got NBA 2k7 off of ebay. This game is terrible. I dont see why everyone likes it better than Live, the controls are absolutely horrendous. And JO is continually my lowest scorer on the Pacers...yeahhhh.

Oh well Ill go back to playing Gran Turismo 4.

GTA San Andreas. I had put the game down for a year because I was frustrated with one of the racing missions. Finally I picked it back up and moved along. The flight school part about made me blow a gasket though.

New Super Mario Brothers
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

just got done playing some G.R.A.W 2 on my xbox 360.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Yeah the game is great!! I just got to the
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    today. The only bad thing is I have yet to listen to the game's actual music. I've been just playin' John Legend's Heaven, over and over again.

Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance. That game is amazing, but Titania died and i'm having a little trouble.
    That'll do.

God of War I. I got brainwashed by all the commercials. Decent, but not enough to make me run out and buy II.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    I just got NBA 2k7 off of ebay. This game is terrible. I dont see why everyone likes it better than Live, the controls are absolutely horrendous. And JO is continually my lowest scorer on the Pacers...yeahhhh.

Oh well Ill go back to playing Gran Turismo 4.
    what system do u got it on? its completely horrible on PS2 but sominates on 360.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

"Europa Universalis III". Loved part I and II and am loving part III now too!

Control any country from 1450-1800, lead, wage war, colonize, make an empire, make alliances, perform diplomacy, trade, build, change religion or expand it, etc. Superb!

Hurraay to Paradox Entertainment!

(PS: IF you want to play such a game, but in the 1936-1947 time zone then check out "Hearts of Iron II").

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Just beat God of War II. Much better than the original, though the ending was disappointing.

[edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    God of War I. I got brainwashed by all the commercials. Decent, but not enough to make me run out and buy II.
    Hey, I was home sick all week, sue me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!