Page 66 of 105 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2614

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My PC didn't cost much more than $299.... Its amazing what you can find at Frys and NewEgg.
    Meh, my video card alone costs that much on newegg. I love my pc and my consoles, but keeping a pc up to date can be an expensive hobby.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think you said it well enough. PC games are just ports of the console versions. Developers want to go where the money is and that's console gaming. The days of using desktops are going back towards the business sector or hobbyists/enthusiasts again.

However, I bought Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS. It is spectacular.

Okay, now that you've had time to really play it, what do you guys think of MW3? I've had it for a week now and I'm kinda not feeling it.

• I don't like the lack of climbing on stuff. Yeah, there's more buildings to get vantage points, but I've lost track of how many times I can see a guy right next to me and I can't get to him, other than to run around a corner into his sights
    • There are a couple of maps where it seems like it's spawn kill heaven. Couple that with there apparently is no unlimited sprint and you find yourself in a killbox you can't run out of.
    • I have a pretty fast connection, yet the latentcy seems kinda sucky. Headphone seem worthless. Footsteps seem really faint.
    • So many tight corners and dark ares have turned this into a real camper heaven. I'm also surprised at how many players get away with just standing there and shooting you when you spawn/come around a corner. The UAV doesn't seem as tight. Maybe it's the latentcy thing.

Are you guys loving it, or just liking it?

I like it, but I don't feel the rush I got from the other MW games or Rainbow 6. I know it's only been a week and I've picked the game up way faster than the four guys I play with, who've been playing since the game started, but I'm not feeling the love with this game. (Despite all the very cool perks and reward system they've set up.)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic? Early access starts in three days

I am playing a Chiss Imperial Agent as if you couldn't tell.

I was so on the fence with this game at first, but I had so much fun in the last beta I really can't wait to play again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic? Early access starts in three days

I am playing a Chiss Imperial Agent as if you couldn't tell.

I was so on the fence with this game at first, but I had so much fun in the last beta I really can't wait to play again.
    I will be there with ya. I've played every major and most minor MMOs since UO, so putting 3 of my favorite things together in Bioware, Starwars, and MMOs is a no brainer.

I had been set on playing an Imperial Agent from the time the class was announced, but after being in beta for a while I think I have changed my mind. My primary focus in MMOs is PvP, and I am positive I will have more fun going Republic and being vastly outnumbered. Add in the fact I played a Smuggler in SWG and my main is almost sure to be a Scoundrel.

Maybe I will see you out in the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Who is playing Star Wars The Old Republic?
    I'm still on the fence. I loved KoTOR, and was psyched about this from day one, even though I've never played an MMO. However, the more of the game I see the less interested I am.

I'm also not feeling the monthly fee. Don't get me wrong, I always knew that was gonna be part of it, but between Skyrim and games I expect to get for Christmas, I don't want to get it if I'm not going to dedicate myself to it. Plus, Mass Effect 3 is coming out in a couple months, and I know I'll play the crap out of that.

So, I'm probably going to wait until the spring, or possibly get it, play the free month and then set it aside until I know I'll play it more.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    My PC didn't cost much more than $299.... Its amazing what you can find at Frys and NewEgg.
    I built my computer for around $2k last year. First time I did it. Took me the whole weekend going very slowly and planning things out to a T. But the first time I turned it on it worked! Just wish I knew how to configure to get the most out of my computer though.

It's a suped up super machine. This baby is going to last me a long time, and the good thing is, is that I can just swap parts moving forward instead of buying an all new desktop.

I really should have bought Skyrim for my PC.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I'm still on the fence. I loved KoTOR, and was psyched about this from day one, even though I've never played an MMO. However, the more of the game I see the less interested I am.

I'm also not feeling the monthly fee. Don't get me wrong, I always knew that was gonna be part of it, but between Skyrim and games I expect to get for Christmas, I don't want to get it if I'm not going to dedicate myself to it. Plus, Mass Effect 3 is coming out in a couple months, and I know I'll play the crap out of that.

So, I'm probably going to wait until the spring, or possibly get it, play the free month and then set it aside until I know I'll play it more.
    Yeah, I hate MMO that cost. If you are going to charge monthly fees, give the game away for free. I'm not dropping $50/$60 bucks on a game and pay monthly fees. I already pay for Xbox live!

Does anyone think that Xbox live will ever be a free service like the Playstation 3?

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Does anyone think that Xbox live will ever be a free service like the Playstation 3?
    I doubt it, with all the TV services they're adding over the next few months. It would be nice if, with the next Xbox, they went to more of a playstation model where you can game for free and pay only if you want the extra crap. Techinically I guess you can, but the service is so gimped without Gold it's worthless.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just got myself Civilization V: GOTY. I was a huge fan of Civ II-III, never managed to get IV. Hopefully this title will cause as many sleepless nights as its predecessors!!

Carmel HS Class of 2011

14. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Just got an xbox 360 ( have had the ps3 for years) and am playing some ncaa football 12

3DS Super Street Fighter
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I have been playing a lot of Saints Row; The Third. It is such a blast to roll around Steelport and just doing crazy stuff especially when you get online and do it with a friend.

Probably popping in Skyrim this weekend after a little break.

Mood

Wii bowling. We had lost the wii controller and it has been a few weeks so I broke down and bought another one seeing that I am the only one who plays now. I have been a bit frustrated with it because I am sucking all over again. One game I had eight splits.

2K12

My Pacers are 21-1. I find that the computer starts to cheat like mad in the 4th quarter. I'll miss A shot after A shot.

I'm up to a 69. I've also only had 1 A+ rating game. The rating system in this game is a joke. I just had a 22pt 6board 12 assists 4 steal 2 block (3TOs) game and that was only good enough for an A rating. They simply take off too much if your man scores, and whoever you are guarding seems to shoot the ball the most no matter who it is. It's just a bit frustrating.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting an A+? I wish I could tweak the rating. I wonder if my ratings don't go up very much for the good things I do cause I'm a 6'6" point guard.

Now really free Lance!

No, 2k12 is just an ******* game, haha.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Nerd.
    Mood

A friend gave me his PS3 racing wheel for free. Will be playing some GT5 with it to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    No, 2k12 is just an ******* game, haha.
    NBA2K games usually find some way of being both ****** and awesome at the same time, so to speak. Sometimes I love playing them, sometimes I've come dangerously close to snapping the disc in half.

My biggest beef is that computer defenders are so good in the passing lanes, but in order for me to ever create turnovers in a passing lane I have to create them, like the computer controlled defenders on your team rarely tip passes or steal them and certainly not at the ridiculous rate computer controlled players on the opposing team seem to. (this only really applies for human vs. computer games at high difficulty, but it's still abit annoying and IMO at times unrealistic.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    My biggest beef is that computer defenders are so good in the passing lanes, but in order for me to ever create turnovers in a passing lane I have to create them, like the computer controlled defenders on your team rarely tip passes or steal them and certainly not at the ridiculous rate computer controlled players on the opposing team seem to. (this only really applies for human vs. computer games at high difficulty, but it's still abit annoying and IMO at times unrealistic.
    That's true. Not only that, but guys rarely ever make it to the FT line. Guess developers would think that might get too boring for the user.

2K11 was the shiz. All they had to do was improve it, and instead they made this piece of **** called 2K12. At least there will be 2K and EA basketball games this year. Just have to wait and see which is better.

Now really free Lance!

Just had my best game of the season in 2K12 My Player.

26pts, 6rbs, 10assists, 10 steals and 4 blocks. Team is now 23-1.

I was 5-7 from deep and my only two misses were the only two A+ shot feedback I had the entire game. What a load of ********!

10 steals were legit. I don't button mash. I played against the Jazz and they had Rush and Hayward. I had a field day with those two.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Just got myself Civilization V: GOTY. I was a huge fan of Civ II-III, never managed to get IV. Hopefully this title will cause as many sleepless nights as its predecessors!!
    I think the only games I have spent more time in are World of Warcraft and Everquest.

I can start up a game and my whole night is gone without me realizing it until it's too late.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

ICO

Wow. Very impressive considering how old it is. Like watching an old classic movie for the first time, really interesting to see what appeared to be obvious design inspirations for games like Uncharted and Portal.

Rocksmith
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    That's true. Not only that, but guys rarely ever make it to the FT line. Guess developers would think that might get too boring for the user.

2K11 was the shiz. All they had to do was improve it, and instead they made this piece of **** called 2K12. At least there will be 2K and EA basketball games this year. Just have to wait and see which is better.
    When is EA coming out with a basketball game? Just got a PS3 afternot having a system for a few years, this 2K12 is for the birds, can't stand it. Is EA really coming out with one too?