Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Super Mario 3D Land

Finally beat the regular version of the game, now on the Special World.

This game was definitely made with taking advantage of the 3D in mind. Lots of cool level designs and some nice retro elements. As someone who is acrophobic, some of the air levels (of which there are many) definitely create suspense in 3D. Some feel reminiscent of a roller coaster ride.

The "final" battle with Bowser gets the adrenaline flowing a bit.

The game isn't exceptionally difficult, moderate at best. Of course, I haven't gotten far into the Special World yet, so that may change.

Best 3DS game so far.

8.5/10
    This has been very enjoyable for me as well. The 3D aspect of it though frustrates me, because not only that you can fall into a hole just walking straight, but some maps make it possible to mis-judge the depth of the area and I would fall off the map from the sides.

Still great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This has been very enjoyable for me as well. The 3D aspect of it though frustrates me, because not only that you can fall into a hole just walking straight, but some maps make it possible to mis-judge the depth of the area and I would fall off the map from the sides.

Still great.
    Yeah, that's definitely a frustrating pitfall, especially when trying to sidestep Bowser's fireballs on the bridge.

Btw, I just picked up Arkham City for $40 on Amazon. Can't wait to give it a spin. Also need to find time to play Skyward Sword.

Mood

Yeah, that's definitely a frustrating pitfall, especially when trying to sidestep Bowser's fireballs on the bridge.
    I am contemplating on whether I should get Sonic Generations on Xbox 360 or Nintendo 3DS. Each clearly have their pluses and minuses, but same game regardless.

I'm so close to starting my new job, which means I will be able to afford a new computer and get my ps3 back. I'm coming back video games!

****, Amazon just dropped Arkham City to $30!

I am contemplating on whether I should get Sonic Generations on Xbox 360 or Nintendo 3DS. Each clearly have their pluses and minuses, but same game regardless.
    Consider how often you intend to play it and choose the appropriate console that way.

Mood

Consider how often you intend to play it and choose the appropriate console that way.
    360 it is.

I've been trying to play Arkham City, but the stupid Games For Windows Live software (that I've never had a problem with before!) keeps crashing it after 20 minutes.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I've been trying to play Arkham City, but the stupid Games For Windows Live software (that I've never had a problem with before!) keeps crashing it after 20 minutes.
    Getting an Xbox fixes that.

Until a punk breaks into my house and walks off with it.... (Plus that's probably why GFWL sucks so badly, MS trying to push people to the Xbox!)

I've got some ideas up my sleeve though on the GFWL/AC issue. Just got to have some time to work with it.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Until a punk breaks into my house and walks off with it.... (Plus that's probably why GFWL sucks so badly, MS trying to push people to the Xbox!)

I've got some ideas up my sleeve though on the GFWL/AC issue. Just got to have some time to work with it.
    I don't get it.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

LA Noire on PC - great that it arrived to PC...fun game!
    wish RDR would share the same fate...alas I hear its not going to be ported to PC

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never did finish LA Noire. Game was just really boring for me. Got tired of inspecting pieces of wood and ****.

Anyone played Skyward Sword yet for the Wii? I'm a big Zelda fan, but honestly haven't even turned on my Wii in six months.

Getting an Xbox fixes that.
    It also makes your games 720p, run at 30fps and look crappy

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It also makes your games 720p, run at 30fps and look crappy

Eh, the Xbox does 1080p, and mostly all the games support that. They aren't scaled down resolution-wise at all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

I'd like to point out that Zelda: Skyward Sword is a ton of fun to play and really freaking good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Just got an e-mail from Amazon out of the blue stating that I should have gotten Arkham City for $30, and they credited my account back $10.

Gotta love Amazon.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Eh, the Xbox does 1080p, and mostly all the games support that. They aren't scaled down resolution-wise at all.
    Yeah, consoles have bridged the gap almost completely now. PC gaming is no longer leaps-and-bounds above consoles.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Yeah, consoles have bridged the gap almost completely now. PC gaming is no longer leaps-and-bounds above consoles.
    The only reason PC games are not miles ahead is because of the old tech the consoles are based on. Most big PC games are ports from the consoles.

There are hardly any games developed for DX11. If anything DX11 is just slapped on later for some basic tessellation.

But as far as the tech goes. My computer is insanely more powerful than any console.

The new consoles, like the xbox720, are finally going to let the industry start moving forward. Hopefully they will be dx11 based and we will really start seeing a big increase in graphics potential with PC games as well as the new console games.

Let me explain, there isn't too much difference between dx9 and dx11, they both can make great looking games, the difference is in optimization. DX11 is a much more optimized way to make games and you can therefore increase the graphics to performance ratio.

So that is really what is holding up the industry and why there is relatively little change in the quality over last 2-3 years.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have a feeling your PC cost a lot more than $299, though...

I used to be a PC gamer, and it just got tough in the $$ department trying to keep my system current enough to get the most out of the hottest games while maintaining high framerate.

And while I can appreciate the graphical superiority of PC games, I honestly don't feel the 360 ones are 'that bad' to where I mourn over my transition. Especially now that I play my games on a 42" plasma I sit about 6 feet away from.

That having been said, I agree with you that it's time (if not past time) for a new generation of Xbox's. I'm looking forward to seeing what an injection of 2012 (or whatever) hardware and software does for console gaming. It should be pretty sweet.

The thing I'm looking for the most isn't so much better looking games in the sense of looking yet more and more realistic (though I'm sure to some extent they will), but rather I'm more interested in taking what we already have and allowing consoles to display huge, detailed worlds that never have to adjust the scale of the texture qualities or any of that kind of stuff. I want a GTA game where I can see the entire city no matter what direction I'm looking at versus having buildings and far-away objects 'fade in' as I approach them. That kind of stuff plus the little 'extras' that PC games usually have (see the video below for an example) to add more graphical depth / physics to games like Arkham Asylum.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I have a feeling your PC cost a lot more than $299, though...

I used to be a PC gamer, and it just got tough in the $$ department trying to keep my system current enough to get the most out of the hottest games while maintaining high framerate.

And while I can appreciate the graphical superiority of PC games, I honestly don't feel the 360 ones are 'that bad' to where I mourn over my transition. Especially now that I play my games on a 42" plasma I sit about 6 feet away from.

That having been said, I agree with you that it's time (if not past time) for a new generation of Xbox's. I'm looking forward to seeing what an injection of 2012 (or whatever) hardware and software does for console gaming. It should be pretty sweet.

The thing I'm looking for the most isn't so much better looking games in the sense of looking yet more and more realistic (though I'm sure to some extent they will), but rather I'm more interested in taking what we already have and allowing consoles to display huge, detailed worlds that never have to adjust the scale of the texture qualities or any of that kind of stuff. I want a GTA game where I can see the entire city no matter what direction I'm looking at versus having buildings and far-away objects 'fade in' as I approach them. That kind of stuff plus the little 'extras' that PC games usually have (see the video below for an example) to add more graphical depth / physics to games like Arkham Asylum.
    My computer is my main hobby so I put a good chunk of dough into it, but, with a PC you can upgrade in increments. I also use a 46 inch TV for my monitor. I can't ever go back to a small monitor now hehe.

The Phys X and DX11 has to be the way things will go for the next gen consoles. I mean I really hope they are. It would be really frustrating if all gaming is still locked into DX9 for the next 10 years.

Also Batman Arkham City is amazing on PC with phys X, it's just bugged out right now and I get constant slow downs while running it in DX11. I have to wait for a patch, but it's the coolest phys x game I have ever seen. Though it's really making me mad they haven't patched it yet.

My PC didn't cost much more than $299.... Its amazing what you can find at Frys and NewEgg.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Didn't know where else to put this, but I found Saints Row 3 for $40. Maybe someone else is interested as well. I just bought Battlefield 3 for $30 with free shipping on Amazon the other day in a similar deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Thi...g=dealswoot-20

33. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this, but I found Saints Row 3 for $40. Maybe someone else is interested as well. I just bought Battlefield 3 for $30 with free shipping on Amazon the other day in a similar deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Thi...g=dealswoot-20
    Thanks for the link!