Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just get the +40% damage increase to one handed weapons and you will two shot pretty much any normal enemy you run into. It's kind of silly but still awesome.
    I need to do that. I'm trying to increase my sneak so I can get increased bonuses for sneak + bows. Really helps out when there are multiple enemies.

Another thing, is that if you have a group that's particularly hard in a dungeon, just turn and run and leave (if it's a small dungeon). I'm finding that the enemies don't follow through doors. Helped me out in a particularly tough dungeon where I kept dying.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I need to do that. I'm trying to increase my sneak so I can get increased bonuses for sneak + bows. Really helps out when there are multiple enemies.

Another thing, is that if you have a group that's particularly hard in a dungeon, just turn and run and leave (if it's a small dungeon). I'm finding that the enemies don't follow through doors. Helped me out in a particularly tough dungeon where I kept dying.
    Don't count on that 100%. I've seen 2 places where they chased me out. Both times they walked face first into dual wielding flame magic and they died pretty fast, but they did chase.

Hey Skyrim playas.

Head on over to Falkreath, and talk to the smithy. He'll mention something about a dog. Head outside town and there will be a talking dog. After talking to the dog you'll have to follow him aways to a shrine. Accept the quest and don't complete it. You have your very own dog that soaks up enemies and never dies!

Best dog ever! He can be a bit annoying cause if you stop, he'll just push you, which can be a pain if you are trying to pick up small items. He's been great other than that cause the enemies always seem to go after the dog and not you.

That's my really only tip so far. Killed 3 dragons now, and they've been quite easy so far...but I've had help from local guards.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I've heard about the dog, I have mixed feelings about it.

Go fights some giants and their mammoths. Now that is a challenge.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I'm really glad I picked up Modern Warfare 3. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

So I got Skyrim. I haven't the slightest clue wtf I'm doing honestly. Lots of getting killed by angry villagers and raging skeletons.

It does seem fun though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

After a few hours on Skyrim...I like it...but I prefer Bioware RPGs style a lot more...the fighting mechanics are still not the best in Skyrim - feels like im just swinging at the air and if its not for the sound I would have no idea if I hit anyone or anything...

you really don't have the possibility to be much of a badass in this setting in terms of just going out and stealing left and right and then killing everyone attacking you...cause you're a weakling...so you just have to go about abiding the rules and not do anything that is in red...which makes me feel slightly restricted....

graphics are quite lovely....Im not too fond of spending 5+ minutes going from one town to the other *i prefer fast travel on the map* but its definitely something you have to do while you're playing Skyrim...the soundtrack that accompanies you definitely gets you in an epic state of mood.

Have you never played an Elder Scrolls game before Belli? The whole point is that you work towards being a badass and killing whatever you want. It won't take you long to have a feeling of invincibility. Elder Scrolls have been notorious for making it too easy to get yourself over powered so they've ramped up the difficulty in this game.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Modern Warfare 3 is great. Sadly I don't get much time with it since Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition comes out tomorrow.

Yeah I've heard about the dog, I have mixed feelings about it.

Go fights some giants and their mammoths. Now that is a challenge.
    I didn't hear about the dog, I found it all on my own, so I'm sticking with it. Haven't looked up any cheats. I'll probably give up the dog when I'm a bit stronger.

I have a hard enough time with a single troll. Not ready for a mammoth or giant yet.

I'm up to level 17. Having a hard time with what I should do with my Perks. I really want smithing so I can eventually make dragon armor. However, I've added perks to light armor and I'm guessing dragon armor is heavy. Not to mention other areas of interest. Seems best to just pick a few, but I struggle since I love to do a bit of everything.

What's everyone else focusing on for their Perks?

Now really free Lance!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

yea I had played Morrowind back at original xbox...went through it like 20 hours in and then all went to hell cause i ended up getting into a battle with a guard and whenever i went to a city the guards would always attack me...

now im being extra careful with my saves and not trying to accidentally pick up anything...its becoming a bit tedious

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    yea I had played Morrowind back at original xbox...went through it like 20 hours in and then all went to hell cause i ended up getting into a battle with a guard and whenever i went to a city the guards would always attack me...

now im being extra careful with my saves and not trying to accidentally pick up anything...its becoming a bit tedious
    That's why you need the Thieves Guild. You just pay them some money and they'll get your bounties removed. At least in Morrowind. Not sure if it works the same in Skyrim.

Now really free Lance!

Yeah I'm going back to a save before I stole some dude's spoon and ended up slaughtering the household in the ensuing tiff. : /
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

^Stuff like that is what makes the game awesome.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Finally, they released a sequel that feels like Call of Duty 4. I love it. I have finished the Campaign on Veteran and I have 3 stars on all the Spec Ops. /Flex

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Skyrim

MW3

Both great games.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Asteroids.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Skyrim.

Finally decided to ditch the dog, he was more annoying than a help anyhow. He would charge ahead and would ruin my stealth. Plus, he was always constantly right behind you and would push your character if you were standing still. Made it more difficult getting beads on baddies with your bow when someone is pushing you from behind.

Up to level 20. Starting to see some Orcish Armor now, but no glass. I'm guessing I should start to see glass armor soon though.

Saving my perks right now, I want to work on beefing up my smithing skill so I can create more advanced armor. Think I'll put some perks into Enchanting later on. Cheaper to make items instead of buying them. That way I can spend more on trainers at later levels so I can level up at a quicker pace.

Haven't even talked to the King for the main quest after killing the first dragon. Just been doing nothing but side missions. I'm so backlogged on missions right now and everywhere I go I somehow manage to take more on. What a wonderful delima to have.

The level designs are so much better. None of the caves/dungeons look the same at all. Love, love, love all the new traps. Because I take my time, I find most of them, but the variety is so welcome.

Game is just freaking epic!

Oh, and does anyone else find killing dragons rather easy? I've killed 3 so far, and barely took a scratch. Hope they get harder.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. Pretty spectacular.

What difficulty are you playing on? The fire breath on the first dragon would take away almost my whole health bar if got caught in it, and he would eat me if I got close to the head and tail swipe me if I attacked from behind. For someone who has been mostly melee and close range destruction damage it was very frustrating. I eventually just had to use a bow and arrow which is totally against my play style and slowly chip away at his health.

What difficulty are you playing on? The fire breath on the first dragon would take away almost my whole health bar if got caught in it, and he would eat me if I got close to the head and tail swipe me if I attacked from behind. For someone who has been mostly melee and close range destruction damage it was very frustrating. I eventually just had to use a bow and arrow which is totally against my play style and slowly chip away at his health.
    Whatever the default setting is. Yeah, I used mostly bows to chip his health away and just ran when it got close. Then when it finally landed, I just ran up and stabbed it to death. It didn't really do much up close to me. Could be a glitch.

Now really free Lance!

The dragon would immediately target me with fire if I tried to approach in melee range and if I was able to get in a place to melee him, he would quickly turn on me and either use fire again or pick me up in his mouth and throw me which was an insta kill.

As to skyrim the game let me tell you how big the game is.

I'm a level 21 (yes I know that is nothing) and have been playing for hours doing several different quest, but I have no idea what the main story is.

I'm sure I saw it when the game started but in all honesty I don't know which quest it is that is the main one.

Can someone remind me what it is so I can start to go back in that direction.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Ive been playing Batman Arkham City... Its amazing, I can't put it down! lol

So much stuff you can do and its a lot of fun..

Nerd.
    Mood

If I had to buy either MW3 or Battlefield 3, which one should I purchase?