Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2616

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

FF8 is not a terrible game...It's not 7, but it's not terrible either.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I still wish they'd produce a PS3 graphics version of FF7, like that demo we saw years back.

If they made the entire game look and sound like that, I'd buy a PS3 just so I could buy FF7 again.

Or hopefully it'd be available on the 360.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FF8 had the awesome card game and I loved the storyline. I'm not saying it was the best Final Fantasy but it was/is my favorite.

edit: Also I played FF11 for 4 years and absolutely loved every minute of it, even though I can't really consider it to be a FF game.
    Last edited by DGPR; 05-12-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA 2K11

My center who is leading in the MVP, rookie of the year, and defensive player of year race, is 3rd in scoring, 1st in rebounds, and 1st in block shots just got put on the bench so Blake Griffin and David Lee can start at the center and power forward position.

I love NBA 2K11 but sometimes the intelligence of the computer in MyPlayer just drives me nuts.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow u all take gaming way to serious damm. I paid to much for my TV and games to get mad and break the stuff.
    No kidding. I can't play games on anything other than easy/medium and I don't try on games when I play online because if I play seriously then I get too competitive. I am always in a Xbox party w/ my friends and I have to stay level headed.

FINALLY GETTING 2K TONIGHT!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

L.A. Noire for the 360 comes with 3 discs. Wow.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    Ive read some reviews that say the ending is terrible. I hope they mean it has a sequel ending where it doesnt make sense unless we get a sequel. I cant wait midnight 2 nite

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168417p1.html

Didn't Mass Effect 2 come with 3 discs too?

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Didn't Mass Effect 2 come with 3 discs too?
    2 I believe.

Ive read some reviews that say the ending is terrible. I hope they mean it has a sequel ending where it doesnt make sense unless we get a sequel. I cant wait midnight 2 nite

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168417p1.html
    Yeah I have seen a lot of 8.5 and 9's though. I'm still pretty stoked about it though. I have to wait until tomorrow to get it because Bloomington isn't having a midnight release.

Mood

2 I believe.
    it will proably just be disks that shows how the game was made. This is a true pioneer game. I wonder how many if any more games will be made the way this was.

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/2...a-noire-on-360

Sources are confirming that the Rockstar release of L.A. Noire will use three discs in the Xbox 360 version. The news is not actually that much of a surprise, since the game is massive with more than 400 actors in this open world crime drama.

The target for the game was to fit it on a single layer Blu-ray disc, which is 25GB, and the PlayStation 3 version just barely fits. As they had to use three discs for the Xbox 360 version, the developers were said to be very sensitive to players not having to get up and switch the discs over and over again.

As we told you some time ago, to finish the core story in L.A. Noire, if you don’t take any detours for the side missions and stuff it will take as little as 25 hours to complete - to as much as 30 hours - depending on how fast you go. It looks to provide a significant amount of game play for the money.

Rockstar is also planning a stream of downloadable content that players can purchase to expand the game. This DLC content slots seamlessly into the existing game, which is actually unique in the way they do it. L.A. Noire is set to be released May 16th in North America, followed by a European release on May 20th.

Starcraft 2, TvP Very Hard AI.

I've learned how to beat the very hard AI in other matchups, but this one is bothering me right now.

I like to slowly build up as a Terran, but very hard protoss AI just doesn't allow it because they rush to building colossi very quickly. Literally their first waive is 1-2 colussus, a few stalkers, and about 5-8 zealots.

By that point, I usually just am getting to my factory if I was trying to take my time with a healthy ecomony.

Best I can figure is I'll just have to rush to siege tanks to counter, then decide what I need to do from there.

I had one game where I did that, but I was indecisive on what else to do, so all that ended up happening was I harassed with a few vikings while my 6-8 tanks held down the fort, then when I needed to start a second base, they hit me with a waive that's enough to knock out the expansion plus break through my tank defense, and my vikings offer little to no assistance.

I'm really frustrated. I know there's going to be ways to counter this, but I prefer to balance between what works and how I like things, and this time I'm afraid I'll have to go all-in with something I don't like but will work in order to win.

The question is what to pursue after my initial wall of about 6 siege tanks to hold off an early attack.

I was thinking banshees.

Mood

25gb holy **** if you have to switch disks does that mean only part of the world is on eacg disk? I doubt it but that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Starcraft 2, TvP Very Hard AI.

I've learned how to beat the very hard AI in other matchups, but this one is bothering me right now.

I like to slowly build up as a Terran, but very hard protoss AI just doesn't allow it because they rush to building colossi very quickly. Literally their first waive is 1-2 colussus, a few stalkers, and about 5-8 zealots.

By that point, I usually just am getting to my factory if I was trying to take my time with a healthy ecomony.

Best I can figure is I'll just have to rush to siege tanks to counter, then decide what I need to do from there.

I had one game where I did that, but I was indecisive on what else to do, so all that ended up happening was I harassed with a few vikings while my 6-8 tanks held down the fort, then when I needed to start a second base, they hit me with a waive that's enough to knock out the expansion plus break through my tank defense, and my vikings offer little to no assistance.

I'm really frustrated. I know there's going to be ways to counter this, but I prefer to balance between what works and how I like things, and this time I'm afraid I'll have to go all-in with something I don't like but will work in order to win.

The question is what to pursue after my initial wall of about 6 siege tanks to hold off an early attack.

I was thinking banshees.
    For me, the best success I've seen with TvP lately (haven't been able to play cause my good computer is still broke) has been a Marine/Maurader/Viking combo and Ghosts. EMP is so strong, takes away shields and 100 energy. Plus with the new patch, ghosts cost less gas too.

Pretty much heavy bio (with fast upgrades), vikings for colossus, medivacs because of your bio, and ghosts for emp if they have a lot of sentries or high templar. Ghosts usually come in the later the game goes on.

QXC just was on Mr. Bitter's 12 week with the pro's and discussed TvP (finally watching it myself)http://www.justin.tv/mrbittertv/b/285736774

Also if your playing defensive, don't be afraid to put some extra bunkers down.

Unfortunately its very micro heavy. I kinda feel like Terran in general is very micro heavy and if you have good mechanics and multitasking you can do really well. I'm more of a defensive player myself and usually too passive and thats when I get into trouble. I think I need to harass more with drops to help slow the protoss deathball down. But my mechanics aren't great so dropping and keeping my macro up is difficult.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I'll play around with your suggestions. Before seeing your response, I went back in, and won my next match. Then I lost the next one.

What I did in the win was I blocked off my choke with supply depos, and I backed them with 4-6 siege tanks, and the extra thing I did this time was I built a few missle turrets, which were a BIG help when the colossus showed up.

This gave me time to develop my economy and build a couple of starports. I built up about 12 banshees and made a nice hit on their expansion. Their forces were starting to be comprised of immortals, so they obviously did nothing, and that left them with not enough stalkers or guardians to stop me before I could take those units out.

After that, it was really just a matter of concentrating as I took out buildings and periodically focused on threats that approached. Felt pretty good after that.

Then the next game happened.

Same idea, only this time it's like the AI adapted because they knew how to deal with me this time. I got to the same point where I sent off a fleet of banshees to attack their expansion, and I was greeted by a force with no immortals hogging up resources, and instead more stalkers, more guardians.... and a few high templar who psi stormed the crap out of me.

Then they'd slam my choke and do enough damage where I couldn't do more than replenish what I previously had, and then when my economy got tighter, they overwhelmed me. Those psi storms are a *****.

I know the answer is ghosts, but I can't do that and maintain my tank/banshee forces (at the numbers/build speed I like) at the same time, which frustrates me to the point where I'm not having fun.

So if I'm going to try to counter it, I'll just abandon what I've done and try something like what you're suggesting, just so it has a very different, and a deliberate, feel to it.

That was so satisfying! I couldn't quite get over the hump when I tried a mix of tanks, marines, marauders, and vikings, but after being flustered yet again, I just said 'eff it' and made 5 barracks ASAP and just pumped out marines, getting them medic support ASAP. Once I had a sizeable enough force, they were toast. A bunch of marines with a 4+ medics, shields, and stems = rain of death.

Tanks vs Protoss is so hard to get to work when they go colossus honestly. Especially when they have the range upgrade. And mass banshee is hard too just because stalkers are so good.

If you want to stay with tanks I would drop banshees and add ghosts and vikings. With the recent cut of gas costs in ghosts I think you can still afford all three because vikings aren't too gas heavy either.

Psi storm is really strong and only way to counter it is ghosts, or have 3/3 upgrades and a ton of medivacs and dance out of them as fast as possible.

Early cloaked banshee harass can be good, but with protoss usually having a robo out, that means they usually have an observer out too so its just hard to pull off.

I was watching a showmatch between Select and Kiwikaki yesterday and Select was doing some different TvP play that had bio, banshees, tanks, and vikings in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqiMaW2I1Gw

I only saw that game, not sure if he did it in any others which are on that guys youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    That was so satisfying! I couldn't quite get over the hump when I tried a mix of tanks, marines, marauders, and vikings, but after being flustered yet again, I just said 'eff it' and made 5 barracks ASAP and just pumped out marines, getting them medic support ASAP. Once I had a sizeable enough force, they were toast. A bunch of marines with a 4+ medics, shields, and stems = rain of death.
    I started the previous post before you posted this.

Bio is pretty good against gateway units. Even if they only have one or two colossus out, it still holds up well with medivacs. But if they get more the marines just melt to colossus which is when marauders and vikings are needed. Terran early game definitely has the advantage over protoss imo.

Mood

**** walmart so i go to the mid night launch and they say just a second we are still looking for the game. Im thinking to myself WTF? Shouldnt u guys already have the game. So a long story short 1hr:30 mins later they still didnt find it **** walmart thank you for wasting my time. How the **** can you lose a game? I've never had a problem with mid night launches but i guess walmart lost all 42 copys of the game F u wally world.

**** walmart so i go to the mid night launch and they say just a second we are still looking for the game. Im thinking to myself WTF? Shouldnt u guys already have the game. So a long story short 1hr:30 mins later they still didnt find it **** walmart thank you for wasting my time. How the **** can you lose a game? I've never had a problem with mid night launches but i guess walmart lost all 42 copys of the game F u wally world.
    I am going to boycott Walmart after this tragedy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

Mood

I am going to boycott Walmart after this tragedy.
    Now i am gonna be tired 2mrw for no reason. I did buy the guide though they could ****ing find that lol. There was 30 people there all of them were really pissed. I wouldnt have been that mad if they didnt keep saying we will find in the next few mintues and got me to lose track of time and stay way to long.

Now i am gonna be tired 2mrw for no reason. I did buy the guide though they could ****ing find that lol. There was 30 people there all of them were really pissed. I wouldnt have been that mad if they didnt keep saying we will find in the next few mintues and got me to lose track of time and stay way to long.
    I would be pissed too. I just don't understand how you lose a case of games, especially one that is about to be released.

Mood

I would be pissed too. I just don't understand how you lose a case of games, especially one that is about to be released.
    ya I know and they kept getting other new games out that no where cared about every1 there wanted Noire. I bet a employee jacked them lol. Because how eles could they just go missing.

The thing that missed me off the most is at about 1am the lady was like "i've been looking since 10:30" After that i was like **** it im gone.

ya I know and they kept getting other new games out that no where cared about every1 there wanted Noire. I bet a employee jacked them lol. Because how eles could they just go missing.

The thing that missed me off the most is at about 1am the lady was like "i've been looking since 10:30" After that i was like **** it im gone.
    If there is a Gamestop in your area, I would just go there tomorrow. I wouldn't want to deal with that Walmart bull****