Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After managing to let it sit, installed, forever, I'm finally playing Starcraft 2. I'm enjoying chipping away at the campaign. Haven't played any online/offline skirmish games yet.
    I am completely addicted to this game, not even playing it, but the scene. I absolutely love it. There are some pretty awesome things going on right now for professional Starcraft 2 here in the US.

I love to play, but my laptop isn't great at running the game. Add that to the fact that I'm terrible at it too haha. But its a lot of fun to play online especially if you have friends who play. Feel free to add me if you want to play some games,
    username: thirteen
    character code: 147

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    I hope I just barely scratched the surface..so far played about 3 hours...spent well over 60 hours in the first one...not bad so far...kinda got lost a bit in the begining with regards to the time table compared to the original but things have cleared up it seems...fun game...not really feeling the side characters though...they seem to be bi+chin' too much...

great graphics and fun gameplay although im not too happy with the camera during the battle scenes as you get attacked from left and right and aren't able to have a good sense like you did in the first one by zooming out...
    Yeah I know. They tried to make the game more action based and with faster pace. And it worked generally because the combat system looks so much cooler and more real. my rogue teleports around the battlefield and uses really cool attacks. and some of the bosses are very, very, unique, with cool attacks. but I got a bit sick of combat eventually... you go in the streets, you get a fight for no real reason... sometimes not even plot based... and at some point you almost normally fight SWARMS of generic fighters, which kinda ruins it... the world got really small too..
    but its still a great game and I really enjoyed it. probably not as much as I enjoyed Origins but still

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Yeah I know. They tried to make the game more action based and with faster pace. And it worked generally because the combat system looks so much cooler and more real. my rogue teleports around the battlefield and uses really cool attacks. and some of the bosses are very, very, unique, with cool attacks. but I got a bit sick of combat eventually... you go in the streets, you get a fight for no real reason... sometimes not even plot based... and at some point you almost normally fight SWARMS of generic fighters, which kinda ruins it... the world got really small too..
    but its still a great game and I really enjoyed it. probably not as much as I enjoyed Origins but still

how many hours did you spend playing it? did you just do the main quest or the side missions as well?

Playing Homefront right now.

The story is disturbing from the standpoint that you can see how some of this is very possible (not North Korea but some other Asian power).

Very very Red Dawn feel to it so far.

Which makes sense considering it was written by the guy who did Red Dawn.

Haven't played the multiplayer part yet, here it is kind of weak but can't say for sure myself.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    how many hours did you spend playing it? did you just do the main quest or the side missions as well?
    I think about 30-40 hours.
    I tried making a "full run" but I was really unable to finish all the side quests for a few reasons:
    1. if you progress too much in the main quest, you're unable to do some sub quests. The problem is that usually it warns you before that... I know how DA is supposed to work, but this isn't the case here. In act 3 for example if you go somewhere at some point it just forces you to do the main quest even though the same place has a side quest, and that main quest ends the act. So I was unable to complete that side quest.
    2. Some quests are bugged in a way they cannot be finished. personally I encountered one, others reported of more

some people have greatly criticized the companions and that they aren't as good as the origins companions, it's probably true but the characters aren't that bad, and the companion quests have improved greatly if you ask me.
    btw, tell me if you find any "super weapons" like in Origins. the really good axe the dwarf sold at the camp, the Longsword that dropped in "unbound" quest, the dagger sold at dwarf town, etc. I found maybe 3 different armor sets for my rogue but not even one unique weapon

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    yes sadly. I normaly go to about 10 games a year. And watch a lot on Tv.
    I'm a Cleveland Indians fan

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I am completely addicted to this game, not even playing it, but the scene. I absolutely love it. There are some pretty awesome things going on right now for professional Starcraft 2 here in the US.

I love to play, but my laptop isn't great at running the game. Add that to the fact that I'm terrible at it too haha. But its a lot of fun to play online especially if you have friends who play. Feel free to add me if you want to play some games,
    username: thirteen
    character code: 147
    It is an amazing game. I am terrible at it. There so much multitasking and you have to be really quick and know all your hotkeys. But I LOVE watching the commentated matches on youtube.

I think my favorite player to watch right now is LiquidTLO. That dude has 6 arms 3 mice and 3 keyboards or something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It is an amazing game. I am terrible at it. There so much multitasking and you have to be really quick and know all your hotkeys. But I LOVE watching the commentated matches on youtube.

I think my favorite player to watch right now is LiquidTLO. That dude has 6 arms 3 mice and 3 keyboards or something.
    I'm the same way right now. I'm in silver league. I do feel like if I played more regularly and had a better computer I would be much better. I know what to do, just need to get the execution down and thats only gonna come from practice.

Husky and HD really got me into the sc2 scene. They showed me the pro players, teamliquid.net, and maybe most importantly Day9. That man is a saint haha.

My favorite is QXC, his multitasking is pretty awesome. TLO is really fun to watch because he is so creative.

Ever watch and Korean games?

Pokemon pearl. I know, let the flame war begin.

Anyone know if Crysis 2 for the 360 has at least 2-player coop? I would love to get this, but only if it has coop.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Anyone know if Crysis 2 for the 360 has at least 2-player coop? I would love to get this, but only if it has coop.
    Just read IGN's review, no mention of any cooperative modes, just single and multi-player.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Just read IGN's review, no mention of any cooperative modes, just single and multi-player.
    I read the same, but was hoping I missed something or they just didn't talk about it. Guess I'm not getting the game.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I think about 30-40 hours.
    I tried making a "full run" but I was really unable to finish all the side quests for a few reasons:
    1. if you progress too much in the main quest, you're unable to do some sub quests. The problem is that usually it warns you before that... I know how DA is supposed to work, but this isn't the case here. In act 3 for example if you go somewhere at some point it just forces you to do the main quest even though the same place has a side quest, and that main quest ends the act. So I was unable to complete that side quest.
    2. Some quests are bugged in a way they cannot be finished. personally I encountered one, others reported of more

some people have greatly criticized the companions and that they aren't as good as the origins companions, it's probably true but the characters aren't that bad, and the companion quests have improved greatly if you ask me.
    btw, tell me if you find any "super weapons" like in Origins. the really good axe the dwarf sold at the camp, the Longsword that dropped in "unbound" quest, the dagger sold at dwarf town, etc. I found maybe 3 different armor sets for my rogue but not even one unique weapon
    Im about 12 hours in - can't say i ran into anything unique in terms of weapons yet...we'll see if anything comes along later on...I like the game - Im always trying to see what happens next thats what I like about the Dragon Age...the story...lets see how it holds up later on though...

Sports Logo

Oh man. New roster update came out for 2k. Iggy and some other players got upgraded. Most of our roster is unchanged except Granger who got downgraded

About DA2. The story is a bit weak in my opinion... It's generally ok but nowhere near the first one

Dream Big

Alan Wake, surprisingly good game...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just won my first ring on 2k11 with the Pacers! Woot!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have been playing a lot of NBA 2k11. The "My Player" feature they have is addicting!

2K11 is okay, I just don't like the my player mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    2K11 is okay, I just don't like the my player mode.
    I honestly hated it at first, but it got pretty addicting after you get drafted. My player is a super stud now. I haven't played it in awhile, and I need to finish out my first season.

Game outlook is pretty bleak. I'm only looking forward to about 3 games and they are all in the fall (if none get pushed back). Arkham City, Gears 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

I really want Gearbox to work on a sequel to Borderlands. Man, that game was a lot of fun, especially since it's 4 player coop. I'd rather player coop than multiplayer, unless it's something like Horde mode.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I honestly hated it at first, but it got pretty addicting after you get drafted. My player is a super stud now. I haven't played it in awhile, and I need to finish out my first season.

Game outlook is pretty bleak. I'm only looking forward to about 3 games and they are all in the fall (if none get pushed back). Arkham City, Gears 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

I really want Gearbox to work on a sequel to Borderlands. Man, that game was a lot of fun, especially since it's 4 player coop. I'd rather player coop than multiplayer, unless it's something like Horde mode.
    Arkham City is a must and L.A Noire. L.A Noire is my early favorite for game of the year it looks so good. But so does Arkham City. But im big into mob games so i might be biased.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...lt%3Btitle%3B0

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Arkham City is a must and L.A Noire. L.A Noire is my early favorite for game of the year it looks so good. But so does Arkham City. But im big into mob games so i might be biased.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...lt%3Btitle%3B0
    I am so excited for L.A. Noire! I believe that it is going to get game of the year as well.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

Mood

Battlefield 3 will also be a very good game.

Mood

is rockstar gonna make Red Dead Redemption 2? If so how long will it take?

Mood

Mass Effect 3 in December! (or are they pushing it to January probably?)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

Just got Crysis 2 for the PC

O...M...G...crazy good graphics - makes looking at all these other games as if I'm playing something thats 5 years old :\