Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2616

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I got NBA 2k11 for Christmas. Pretty fun game.

But the last one I played was Madden 11. Didn't get it for Christmas. I've had it since it came out. Just my favorite game by far.

It's great that you like it, but I don't think I could ever call a sports game my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing them. But knowing that in 12 months it's going to be replaced by a nearly identical game, I could never call that my favorite. I know everything has sequels now, but sports games in general just recycle too much stuff from year to year to year. And Madden specifically is a repeat offender. Players have been asking for certain things to be fixed in that game since 2007.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    for shooting turn the jump shot feedback on that will help. For post moves just go o youtube and look it up there are some tip videos.
    Thanks for heads up about the shot feedback. Definitely helped with my shot.

Played some COD Black Ops a bit, but have not got into the online. So far the story mode has been pretty fun. I have not been spammed with grenades to much. Thank god. Probably will just stick with Reach for my online gaming experience for FPS.

After receiving a late Christmas gift of a $25 Walmart card, I decided to finally take the plunge and buy Black Ops.

Unfortunately, while Walmart.com listed the 360 version for $49.96, the local store had no problem still charging $59.99, so in the interest of saving $$ I've opted for the "Ship to store" option on Walmart.com. Which is nice in that it saves me $10, but sucks in that I may not get the game until as late as mid January.

Mood

Dude, you need to find a Target. It's on sale at Target right now for $39.99.

Somehow I doubt they'd have accepted my $25 Walmart card.....

RDR: Undead Nightmare

Alright. End was a little disappointing. Still, 8 hours of gameplay for cheaper than 3 CoD maps is pretty damn good.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    It's great that you like it, but I don't think I could ever call a sports game my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing them. But knowing that in 12 months it's going to be replaced by a nearly identical game, I could never call that my favorite. I know everything has sequels now, but sports games in general just recycle too much stuff from year to year to year. And Madden specifically is a repeat offender. Players have been asking for certain things to be fixed in that game since 2007.
    Oh, I agree. I've been playing Madden for longer than I can remember.

The Franchise and Superstar modes haven't had the slightest upgrade since 07, but that doesn't stop me from buying it every year

It's just annoying from my standpoint, considering all Madden does is upgrade online play, which IMO, still sucks. It's laggy as could be and too many quitters which they can't control. Being a Franchise type of guy, it would be nice to see them attempt to upgrade it sometime soon.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

NCAA Football 10 and NBA 2K10 for the PSP...I like football 10 better, I think. I had Madden 09 and it makes that look like a sick joke...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was a huge N64 Goldeneye 007 junkie in its time. I was excited when I found out it was being "remade" for Wii. So much so I bought a Wii to see for myself. So I finally got my hands on it, and have been playing online. To anyone who is a true die hard old school goldeneye fan this game lacks in certain, easily fixable aspects.

In no particular order

the music: this should be so easy home run for them to get right. There is a ton of already recorded 007 music from composer john barry from all the movies and the previous game, but they chose to go in a different direction with some new age techno terrorist stuff. It's not horrible but if they wanted to remake the game some of the sounds should have come along. I would pay a few bucks for a music upgrade.

The world of online multiplayer: when n64 goldeneye was at it's peak it was great because friends got together to hang out and play. I never wanted anything to do with online multiplayer because there is no loyalty. I've never played COD in any fashion but from what people tell me the goldeneye wii follows suit with a ranking system and XP which all seems like a ploy to get you to play for hours on end. By the time you reach a certain level and have access to all the best unlockable items people below a certain rank have a very slim chance of killing you. I'm almost there and I don't really know how to feel about it. I still say the best way to play is with friends in the same room. One of the worst things is "license to kill" multiplayer mode is locked and will days of gaming to unlock it.

Maps: I assume more maps will become available eventually, but there are only a few above average ones and the rest are suspect. For example they have a multiplayer board "the facility" which was a classic in goldeneye 64 and perfect dark, but they changed it so much and no one likes playing there. The old map would have been amazing to see again. Hopefully they will release something along those lines.

The actual one player mission mode: This is almost unplayable. When I beat Goldeneye 64 on 007 agent mode looking back it might have been one of my greatest video game accomplishments. That game was HARD on that difficulty level. This new one not so much. It's kinda fun, but not really a challenge. It has checkpoints which makes it so easy to literally run through the game. On N64 you got one chance to beat a board and if they shot you at the very last second you had to do the whole thing over again. There was no running through anything in that game. Yeah the AI wasn't they best, but somehow they got the job done. In the new goldeneye wii even on the hardest difficulty you don't even need to conserve ammo. Everything is plentiful from body armor to weapons it's just kinda lame. For anyone who never played goldeneye 64 and thinks I'm exaggerating about it's difficulty. Find a N64 a try and beat on 007 mode.

I knew going into it they could never capture the magic of goldeneye 64 frankly the game is legendary, but I do think they could of tweaked some minor things to make it more familiar.

Sorry had to get this off my chest...

They don't make em like they used to though...

Mood

Not really digging the expansion pack for New Vegas yet...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    I was a huge N64 Goldeneye 007 junkie in its time. I was excited when I found out it was being "remade" for Wii. So much so I bought a Wii to see for myself. So I finally got my hands on it, and have been playing online. To anyone who is a true die hard old school goldeneye fan this game lacks in certain, easily fixable aspects.

In no particular order

the music: this should be so easy home run for them to get right. There is a ton of already recorded 007 music from composer john barry from all the movies and the previous game, but they chose to go in a different direction with some new age techno terrorist stuff. It's not horrible but if they wanted to remake the game some of the sounds should have come along. I would pay a few bucks for a music upgrade.

The world of online multiplayer: when n64 goldeneye was at it's peak it was great because friends got together to hang out and play. I never wanted anything to do with online multiplayer because there is no loyalty. I've never played COD in any fashion but from what people tell me the goldeneye wii follows suit with a ranking system and XP which all seems like a ploy to get you to play for hours on end. By the time you reach a certain level and have access to all the best unlockable items people below a certain rank have a very slim chance of killing you. I'm almost there and I don't really know how to feel about it. I still say the best way to play is with friends in the same room. One of the worst things is "license to kill" multiplayer mode is locked and will days of gaming to unlock it.

Maps: I assume more maps will become available eventually, but there are only a few above average ones and the rest are suspect. For example they have a multiplayer board "the facility" which was a classic in goldeneye 64 and perfect dark, but they changed it so much and no one likes playing there. The old map would have been amazing to see again. Hopefully they will release something along those lines.

The actual one player mission mode: This is almost unplayable. When I beat Goldeneye 64 on 007 agent mode looking back it might have been one of my greatest video game accomplishments. That game was HARD on that difficulty level. This new one not so much. It's kinda fun, but not really a challenge. It has checkpoints which makes it so easy to literally run through the game. On N64 you got one chance to beat a board and if they shot you at the very last second you had to do the whole thing over again. There was no running through anything in that game. Yeah the AI wasn't they best, but somehow they got the job done. In the new goldeneye wii even on the hardest difficulty you don't even need to conserve ammo. Everything is plentiful from body armor to weapons it's just kinda lame. For anyone who never played goldeneye 64 and thinks I'm exaggerating about it's difficulty. Find a N64 a try and beat on 007 mode.

I knew going into it they could never capture the magic of goldeneye 64 frankly the game is legendary, but I do think they could of tweaked some minor things to make it more familiar.

I knew I avoided this for a reason. I remember getting turned off when I heard it wouldn't even be Pierce Brosnan's Bond. Don't call it Goldeneye if you're not going to use the Goldeneye actor.

I had no idea, though, that they butchered it this badly.

This was a simple win waiting to happen, and they dropped the ball. Hell, in this case you could get away with doing absolutely nothing to the original (which most fans would want anyway) and just do this:

1) See if you can add an optional WiiMote control option (where you point the wiimote like a gun, that kind of thing)

2) Definitely allow for the classic control schemes

3) Keep the multiplayer exactly as it was, only allow 2-4 player mode to be either split screen in the same room or online.

Easy, easy win. Too bad.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post

In no particular order

The orignal is my favorite game of all time

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Been fooling around with my new Kinect lately. This thing is crazy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Been fooling around with my new Kinect lately. This thing is crazy.
    ya I love my kinnect i cant wait till they make golf for it. It will be insane.

Mood

The video highlights of yourself throwing javelin are pure gold!

So NBA 2K11 is pretty accurate. I made a athletic C and got drafted by the Celtics in the first round. I started out battling JO for minutes and then I took over the 6th man role. Eventually I took over the starting spot from Shaq and was having some great games. I had a game where I had 20 points, 20 rebounds, and 6 block shots. Then I go into the next game and I am back to the 6th man role. I go and check the news and Shaq complained about having more minutes so the Celtics gave him the starting role back.

They have the back stabbing Shaq right. haha.

Mood

You should make yourself a veteran stretch 4. The Pacers will trade the farm for ya.

I think my next player will be a 6'8" SF who can only shoot the three. I will probably end up being the 10 pick by the Pacers and be a starter from day one.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Mass Effect 2

for the third time

best video game made in my opinion
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 and a friend gave me his old xbox, just waiting on the controller/cords to get here to play!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

Black Ops came in today. Will give it a go tomorrow.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

just ordered Alan Wake from Amazon for only $19.99. Don't know if you guys ever use Amazon, but they have some incredible deals on games. I got Mass Effect 2 a few weeks ago for only $14.99.

Mood

Yeah, Amazon has great deals sometimes, you just have to be willing to wait. It's fine by me because I'm not the kind of gamer that has to have everything brand new the day it comes out. I think the last game I paid full price for was Burnout Revenge on PS2. Worth every penny BTW.

Star Wars the force unleashed 2.

Underwhelming is the word I would use to describe it. Graphics are out of this world and game play is decent but story line is lacking to the point of really there not being a story line.

However I have to say some people would like this game much more than me because I really like games where I participate in the story (Fallout, Fable, RDR, etc.) and this game is for those who enjoy mostly action and the story line is just movie segments between the fighting. You don't take part in any of the story other than the fight.

Some people will love that, I don't.

So really it's not fair for me to judge this game because it's just not my preferred style of game.

However it is definately Lucas quality in the graphics department though.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Okay, quick Live question for you guys.

When we try playing CoD, it goes through the pregame lobby screen and then the map starts loading, and it never gets into the actual game. The loading bar across teh bottom gets to probably 95% and then slows to a snail pace, with the white circle loading thingy spinning. It will stay like that for 10mins, and longer, if we didn't just turn it off.

I don't know what is going on. I didn't think it would be the game, and my Live works with other functions.

Any ideas?