Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Halo: Reach

A word of warning, so you don't end up with sore wrists like me. The last mission of the campaign is very long. Don't make the same mistake I did and think otherwise. I'd just played through the previous two chapters and thought I might as well bang it out. I would have quit a bunch of times, but I kept thinking I was near the end, and I wasn't close. It's like Bungie literally didn't want to stop and they just throw hundreds of enemies at you for ****s and giggles.

It's also quite a bit harder than the rest of the game IMO. Of course, if you can get the grenade launcher to work better than me maybe you'll have better luck. One guy I just ended up having to melee because nothing else fazed him, but it wasn't like it was set up for that.

Anyway, still fun.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

fallout: new vegas

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

About 12 hours into New Vegas. So far, it's just more Fallout 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Is Fallout:New Vegas awesome? I haven't played Fallout 3 but as a new PS3 owner I need some games to get.

Suppose I buy a PS3 tomorrow, what five games do I get?

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Fallout:New Vegas awesome? I haven't played Fallout 3 but as a new PS3 owner I need some games to get.

Suppose I buy a PS3 tomorrow, what five games do I get?

Yeah, it's freakin awesome. It was made by some of the original Black Isle devs who made the first Fallout games. It has much better RPG elements than FO3, which was one of my all time favorite games. If you aren't into the type of game where stat allocation and alot of dialogue happen you might not be into it as much. If you are this will keep you busy for months.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Depends on what you like, shooters or sports or whatever. However, every PS3 owner should absolutely get Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Mood

You should also check out the Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance games, and the Infamous games. Also Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II, although not PS3 exclusives, should be pretty cheap to pick up by now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Thanks guys.

Is Red Dead Redemption's online play awesome, just cool, or lackluster? I'm looking into getting that but when I played offline I thought it was generally boring. But then I looked up online videos and WOW it looked neat.

Also, is Star Wars The Force Unleashed a good game (Force Unleashed 2 is coming out soon)? I'm a big fan of games where you are basically a beast and you can destroy anything I want. Like God Of War III.

Last but not least, what is your opinion on COD games?

34 hours into fallout new vegas

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard New Vegas has a lot of technical issues and bugs. Is this true?

Thanks guys.

Is Red Dead Redemption's online play awesome, just cool, or lackluster? I'm looking into getting that but when I played offline I thought it was generally boring. But then I looked up online videos and WOW it looked neat.

Also, is Star Wars The Force Unleashed a good game (Force Unleashed 2 is coming out soon)? I'm a big fan of games where you are basically a beast and you can destroy anything I want. Like God Of War III.

I really got burned out on RDR single player, so I never got into multi.

Force Unleashed is decent. There were complaints that for supposedly being a bad ***, you couldn't go ape **** crazy, but I don't know how a game would work if you could destroy everything. They've said they've improved on that front in 2, we'll see.

Personally, I've been playing through it again in prep for 2, and it's still great fun. I love grabbing guys and throwing them into their buddies, off cliffs, or into stuff that blows up. Force lightning is pretty bad *** too. The controls can be a bit wonky, but the story more than makes up for it.

COD is all about the multi-player. The single player is decent, but the campaigns are always really short. Multi is really top notch, but the community is so developed, it can be really hard for a newbie to get into it. Personally, I'm staying away from the new one. Once I saw that RC car I knew it'd drive me nuts to get killed by that over and over and over again.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    So far it seems so. There are multiple game breaking experience and money glitches. They already patched it out, but you can just not update your game and get them anyway. Thankfully there is no multiplayer so the only game you'll ruin by exploiting the glitches is your own. Other things I've seen are clipping issues where enemies can walk right through rocks to get to you. It's no big deal to me. Fallout 3 and Oblivion were both full of similar bugs but this one does seem to have more.

Mood

Has anyone played Civilization V yet?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Has anyone played Civilization V yet?
    Yeah. There's some good stuff in it, but I don't love it. They kind of went too far in the Civ Revolution direction, dumbing it down too much.

Also, it's a major hog. I just put in an SSD and went to 64-bit Windows, and it still runs slow, and I'm running the DirectX 9 version. I've dialed down the graphics severly, but the turn processing still takes forever at higher stages, and larger maps are unusable. My CPU is a Core2 Duo, and it's consistently at 90%. I don't know if a Quad would help, or if it's just badly coded.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'd get it in a heartbeat if my computer had any chance of running the game...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I'd get it in a heartbeat if my computer had any chance of running the game...
    I love it, I have so many awesome games to play right now, but Civ V sucks up all my time. I'll start a scenario in the evening after dinner and then all of a sudden it's 3 AM.

It is a resource hog, I have an above average computer with a HD5870 graphic card and once I get to the modern era it takes a long time between turns. However, there is a strategy view that you can play on low end systems. You just don't see the gorgeous graphics.

The good things about Civ V vs Civ IV is the units do not stack, which, in my opinion, makes the combat much better.
    They did simplify alot of stuff such as diplomacy, no religion now and some other stuff, but I love it. Also play on very hard mode or higher or it's just way too easy. Better yet, play real people.

There is a free demo on Steam so you can see if your computer can handle the strategy view.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post

Definately play the PC version if you can. They are fixing most of the bugs quickly, and of course there is going to be a plethora of player made mods available that will fix it up even more.

Force Unleashed 2

The review sites are killing this, but I don't really see what their problem is. Yes, it's very short, and the story isn't as good as the first. But after playing the first game extensively over the last couple weeks (achievement whoring), this is a vastly superior game. The gameplay is streamlined, it flows much better (I didn't encounter any bugs), the controls are more precise, though there are way too many quicktime events. And this game is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like a console upgrade over the first game.

As I said, it's very short, under 6 hours with no multiplayer is pretty inexcusable in this day and age. But if you enjoyed the first game at all it's definitely worth a rental.

I always love the CIV games, thought about getting CIV 4 for PS3.

I just recently bought Medal of Honor, its okay.. about a 6.5/10. Multi-player is fun, but gets too redundant as not all game modes are available on across all maps. They are going to release an update in November with a couple new maps and a last man standing mode for team death match ( just like socom). That's when the game will really open up for me.

One thing i've noticed about all these new FPS games is that they give you a radar or a kill cam so you can see who got you and where they were. That is terrible. Medal of honor doesn't have kill cams but they do give you radar. If you play hardcore mode it takes the radar off on certain game modes, but leaves it on for others. Also Hardcore mode takes away crosshairs in normal view. I don't understand why these game companies do this to tried and true formulas.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Force Unleashed 2

The review sites are killing this, but I don't really see what their problem is. Yes, it's very short, and the story isn't as good as the first. But after playing the first game extensively over the last couple weeks (achievement whoring), this is a vastly superior game. The gameplay is streamlined, it flows much better (I didn't encounter any bugs), the controls are more precise, though there are way too many quicktime events. And this game is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like a console upgrade over the first game.

As I said, it's very short, under 6 hours with no multiplayer is pretty inexcusable in this day and age. But if you enjoyed the first game at all it's definitely worth a rental.
    Oh man. 6 hours is just bad. I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Call of duty 4 is what i still think as the best online multiplayer ever created. Tho it is definitely disputable. And that is if you have plans to play online. I think even though the game has been out a few years if your gonna buy a cod game, go with that one. Or wait, the new black ops should be great. MW2 was ok, but overall was disappointing. Some do like it better than cod4 for some reason tho. Probably because its newer and the graphics are quite awesome on MW2.

What are the top 5 PS3 games that have good scenery and climbing, flying, or whatever. Are their any games out that are from a complete different time period or anything? Outer space, Star Wars, RDR, I don't know.

What are the top 5 PS3 games that have good scenery and climbing, flying, or whatever.
    Uncharted
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2007/11/05...bjectid=812550

Uncharted 2
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/08/18...ectid=14225971

Infamous
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/04/29...bjectid=800208

Are their any games out that are from a complete different time period or anything? Outer space, Star Wars, RDR, I don't know.
    I haven't played Killzone. It's sci-fi but I get the impression it's really just a shooter. Haven't played Resistance either (it's got that Half Life camera going that makes me nauseous), but that might be what you're looking for. Even though it's a shooter, it's an alternate history in the 40's and 50's where WWII didn't happen, aliens landed and started taking over, first in the Far East and then through to Europe and eventually the US. Story's supposed to be good.

As for Star Wars like, I've said before Mass Effect 2 comes out in January. Shame they're not porting the first one, but supposedly they're beefing up the intro to cover the story better.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/01/20...ectid=14235013

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

FYI, Socom 4 comes out in January i believe. That will be the official COD killer. Zipper is back at the helm of this one so you know its going to be amazing just like all their previous Socom games. Socom 3 for PS2 was one of the best games ever, infact Socom 2 was probably almost as good.

Thanks guys.

I can not stand Call of Duty MW2. I bought that game thinking that it was the next big thing for quality multiplayer. What a terribly put together game.

1. No bullet drop, point and shoot sucks.
    2. Kill cams - real players don't need to know to be told where the enemy killed them they figure it out on their own.
    3. Radar - see above.
    4. Weapons - As a player who primary likes to be a sniper, You shouldn't be able to snipe somebody cross the map with your M4A1 assault rifle or uzi. Again no bullet drop.
    5. The maps are too small, and not all maps are available across all game modes.
    6. The perks and kill streaks were innovative but got old quickly as there are only a handful of perks that actually used by everyone. The kill streaks where sometimes just plain unfair.

One good thing I loved about that game was all the hidden spots you could get to that were great for sniping, it took skill to get up on the roof tops, so if you could get up there with out getting killed then you deserved all the easy kills you could rack up.

I owned that game for about a month and traded it in for store credit towards Battlefield BadCompany 2. Great game, very balanced on hardcore mode. Just wish they didnt take away your cross hairs. I played Battlefield 1943 for the whole summer while I waited, best $15 I ever spent.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post: