Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was about half way through the game before I taught myself to lay off the "high profile" actions at the appropriate times. It isn't easy. Those controls aren't easy at all. If you're not very good at games, I can see how that game could frustrate the hell out of someone.

If you haven't seen them, be sure to search "Assassins Creed Lineage" in YouTube. There are 3 real time movies based off of Assassins Creed 2 storyline made by Ubisoft themselves on YouTube. My biggest draw in AC is the story. After the way the first one ended I had no idea what to think, or do. I just knew I wanted to see where it went next. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending upon how you look at it, AC2 did the exact same thing. Those might be the best TWO endings in video games I've ever played, both in the same series. Well ... first 2 games of the series even more shockingly. Love it, but absolutely hate waiting!

-- Steve --
    I wonder what will be the setting of the third game.

I've been playing entirely too much online play with Modern Warfare 2.

I've been running around as a "Ninja class" the evening, and I just unlocked the knife perk for my sidearm to where I can make quicker stabs than usual with less recover time, hit or miss.

to much MW2 as well, no where near Hicks tho as we are friends no more...

starting playing Cricket again, it's like the american baseball to everyone else..

NBA 2K10 just has not had the same effect as 2k9 this year for me..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I wonder what will be the setting of the third game.
    Well, if you possibly know history a lot, or have just googled some of the characters you meet in the Assassins Creed games, then you'll know this story is weaved in and out of what we know from history. As in, most of the people you assassinate were real, and you're killing them during the year of their actual death. Some of them died mysteriously in real life, and that's why they were weaved into the story.

Alas, we come to the end of AC1. I don't consider this a spoiler because well .... if you ever saw the ending of AC1 you'd understand. Haha. If you were able to make heads or tails of the ending, you'll know there was a reference to Yonaguni, Japan. I expect the game to end up there at some point. There is an underwater monument, or pyramid or ... something there. Something of obscene size and is dated to be between 6,000 and 10,000 years old. Go ahead, Google it, it's quite amazing really. Something that was said at the end of AC2 leads to me think possibly it'll end up being a big part of the game moving forward.

It's all just a guess though, really.

-- Steve --

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Well, if you possibly know history a lot, or have just googled some of the characters you meet in the Assassins Creed games, then you'll know this story is weaved in and out of what we know from history. As in, most of the people you assassinate were real, and you're killing them during the year of their actual death. Some of them died mysteriously in real life, and that's why they were weaved into the story.

Alas, we come to the end of AC1. I don't consider this a spoiler because well .... if you ever saw the ending of AC1 you'd understand. Haha. If you were able to make heads or tails of the ending, you'll know there was a reference to Yonaguni, Japan. I expect the game to end up there at some point. There is an underwater monument, or pyramid or ... something there. Something of obscene size and is dated to be between 6,000 and 10,000 years old. Go ahead, Google it, it's quite amazing really. Something that was said at the end of AC2 leads to me think possibly it'll end up being a big part of the game moving forward.

It's all just a guess though, really.

-- Steve --
    Yeah I've noticed all the history stuff; it's probably why I like the game so much. I got my degree in History (what a worthwhile endeavor that turned out to be), so I tend to nitpick on historical accuracy quite a bit. I don't remember the Japan reference, but it wouldn't shock me if it ended up there. My best guess, since the series is heavily centered around Templars and such, plus the fact that it seems to hold the most marketing appeal, would be a game set in revolutionary America or France. That is a bit after the Templars (well after the Templars in fact), but if you believe that Freemasonry was born from Templars, it's not such a stretch. Really, they could go anywhere with it.

Sports Logo

I finally got Modern Warfare 2. The problem is now that I play it ( or any type of FPS )...I get some motion sickness. I think it's due to my age....I've been like this over the last couple of years as I have gotten older
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I finally got Modern Warfare 2. The problem is now that I play it ( or any type of FPS )...I get some motion sickness. I think it's due to my age....I've been like this over the last couple of years as I have gotten older
    You're not the only one. My worst is anything on the Valve engine. Drives me nuts.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I've been playing entirely too much online play with Modern Warfare 2.

I've been running around as a "Ninja class" the evening, and I just unlocked the knife perk for my sidearm to where I can make quicker stabs than usual with less recover time, hit or miss.
    I just bought MW2 for my brother for his birthday, then bought a copy for myself. Unreal game, but neither of us has had time to REALLY play it yet. We're still working through the campaign. I tried online once. Overwhelming and I couldn't seem to get a kill. GREAT game. Can't wait until I have some real time to play.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Can someone answer a question for me about Modern Warfare 2? I play a lot of team player and I noticed guys have all these cool outfits. ONe guy had a sand color camo poncho. Another guy had all these nightscope looking headgear. How are they getting those? Is it something you buy with microsoft points? Is it some kind of reward for finishing the campaign? How can I outfit MY guy so I don't look like an Afghan street rebel?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Can someone answer a question for me about Modern Warfare 2? I play a lot of team player and I noticed guys have all these cool outfits. ONe guy had a sand color camo poncho. Another guy had all these nightscope looking headgear. How are they getting those? Is it something you buy with microsoft points? Is it some kind of reward for finishing the campaign? How can I outfit MY guy so I don't look like an Afghan street rebel?
    The look of your player is determined by what weapon you start with.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I think you can unlock certain camo perks as you rank up but I am not aware if they change the uniform at all, my mate just got the ghilli unlocked perk and that was level 42 or so, so that could be like what you mean

selecting certain perks may change the way you look but I'm not sure, perks and weapons like what Brush said seem the most likely...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I just beat the campaign in MW2, I hadn't gotten to it yet, since I was playing online pretty much exclusively and all I can say is, HOLY F****** CRAP! What a story line! I can't wait for the third one which is obviously coming down the pipe line.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Can someone tell me the pros/cons of 360 vs PS3? I'm leaning towards the latter because of Blu-ray, but that aside, how do they compare in terms of how they play vgs? I'll also say that 360's hardware issues would scare me if they still exist.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If a game cones out on both systems I get the 360 version but it's a for personal preference type reasons. I like the 360 online component much better. I like the 360 controller better as well. I also like the achievement system much better than trophies on the ps3.

But if blu-ray is entering the equation for you it's hard to pass up the ps3.
    Last edited by travmil; 01-02-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

I play NHL 10 at least three hours a day.

I got a lot of games for Christmas so I have been going through them little by little.

The first one was MW2. As expected it was a very good game however I thought it was a very short, I beat the game version of this on hard in less than a day so that was a little dissapointing. I have not done the special ops yet.

The online game though is just outstanding as always.

I am somewhat dissapointed in borderlands. Graphics are ok, although people I know hate the graphic novel type animation, but it doesn't bother me. I can't tell you anything specific about it but so far it just feels like a cheaper version of Fallout 3.

On the other hand the one game that I got that I had no expectations for and have been totally knocked away with is a game called Saboteur. This is like nothing I've played before and the map and story are absolutely huge. If you are used to the fallout 3 or even Oblivion type free standing maps this thing is for you and on top of that it is set in 1941 Paris and they have the entire city including suburbs and you can go into every section and there are a crap load of buildings you can enter.

The one thing I love about this so far is that you can walk around and not have to worry about random monsters attacking you for no reason or bandits.

There are Germans everywhere you have to look out for but most of the time you can walk right past them and blend in with the crowd.

If you like a big story I recommend this. This combines first person shooter, RPG and war games all into one big game.

I'm sure the price will drop soon on this because this game kind of flew under the radar so I doubt it is a big seller. But it deserves to be.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

That game sounds really cool Peck.

I need to finally finish my Mass Effect character in anticipation of 2 coming out. I'm getting very excited for that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Anyone have FIFA '10? I watched The Damned United today and it got me wanting to buy FIFA. Any reviews? They are usually fairly great.

Mood

Back to Halo 3 again.

I bought FFVII on PS1 today. I'm going to give it another shot.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Anyone have FIFA '10? I watched The Damned United today and it got me wanting to buy FIFA. Any reviews? They are usually fairly great.
    Highly recommend. Best soccer game ever made. Bar none.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

I started playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on PSP again. I've also been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on my Xbox 360.

My list of games I plan on buying in the near future:

1. Little Big Planet -next week actually
    2. Borderlands (Xbox 360)
    3. Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) - March 9th
    4. Metal Gear Solid 4
    5. NHL 10 (Xbox 360)
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-04-2010 at 12:05 AM.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Highly recommend. Best soccer game ever made. Bar none.
    I'm guessing this is not for the PC version...

truly disappointed with the way EA is treating the Fifa franchise on the PC...Fifa 10's graphics is equivalent to Fifa 2005.

Macross Ace Frontier on my PSP.
    Buying my PS3 hopefully by this weekend, so I'll be getting some new games to mess around with, lol.
    @Digma2

Nerd.
    Mood

recommend some good PS3 games for me...I have Ghostbusters, NBA 2k10, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.