Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

teY dennaB toN

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My 360 is currently in Texas for repairs because of this game. I hate Bethesda for making me play FO3.
    Yeah I would definitely recommend downloading it to your hard drive if you plan on putting in any marathon sessions with FO3. It tends to run a little smoother.

The 360 Texas road trips are no fun, but I think they are getting turned around much quicker now as opposed to a year or two ago.

Ok, I've beaten the main quest in FO3. Of course I chose the path where I died in the end.

I went through the credits at the end of the game and thought I would be able to continue on exploring the big bad world. Wrong.

It will let me go back to the last saved spot when I enter the memorial. I assume it let's me pick a differant path, like making Lyons go into the rad. room.

I don't know that seems kind of cheap in a way.

I am downloading Operation Anchorage right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I always finish all the side story lines in these type of games before I go into the last quest. That way if my character dies or something like that I can have the game completed and get back to my life.

P.S. Peck you might want to use spoiler tags for people who haven't played the game yet, like me. lol

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I always finish all the side story lines in these type of games before I go into the last quest. That way if my character dies or something like that I can have the game completed and get back to my life.

P.S. Peck you might want to use spoiler tags for people who haven't played the game yet, like me. lol
    Damn

I'm sorry man, I will try and do that from now on out.

Also can anyone tell me how the hell I am supposed to get to the Operation Anchorage game???? I've tried new game, saved game and neither works.

BTW, I am pretty p.o. at the moment. It's a great great game but the fact that if you finish the main quest you cannot continue playing the game is just crap.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I loved fallout 3, I have been reading and watching the wire too much to play it right now. I've already beaten it and now I plan on playing it as an evil character this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Damn

Also can anyone tell me how the hell I am supposed to get to the Operation Anchorage game???? I've tried new game, saved game and neither works.

BTW, I am pretty p.o. at the moment. It's a great great game but the fact that if you finish the main quest you cannot continue playing the game is just crap.
    Is it an expansion? With Shivering Isles for Oblivion, it was a location in the actual game you had to go to.

Don't worry about the spoiler, I'll probably forget about it by the time I pick it up anyway.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

teY dennaB toN

Damn

Did you save your game prior to starting the final mission? If so, just load that save. Once you start wandering the wastes you'll get a signal for a new radio station, which will add a new quest. Then, make that your active quest and go to the location on your map.

Please tell me you saved your game at least once (other than auto-save) prior to starting the last mission.

Ok, I've beaten the main quest in FO3. Of course I chose the path where I died in the end.

I went through the credits at the end of the game and thought I would be able to continue on exploring the big bad world. Wrong.

It will let me go back to the last saved spot when I enter the memorial. I assume it let's me pick a differant path, like making Lyons go into the rad. room.

I don't know that seems kind of cheap in a way.

I am downloading Operation Anchorage right now.
    I thought all the endings were pretty crummy. After playing through a game with as grand a scale as that one, a simple little slide show is a bit of a let down. Gameplay-wise, the whole final mission was something of a let down. No challenge at all.

Thanks to Spicoli I found and played the Operation Anchorage add on tonight.

Litterally I beat the entire thing in slightly over an hour and 15 min.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Peck, I didn't comment on this until now because I was so stunned that you just ran straight through to the end of the game. That's certainly one way to play it, but not very satisfying. I can't even begin to tell you how much content you likely missed on the way through. Did you do the quest where you get Lincoln's Repeater, the best small gun in the game? Did you bother to track down schematics so you can make weapons out of the wasteland junk you find on Moira's workbench? Did you track down the T51b power armor, or get the Ranger Battle Armor from Reilly? Did you find Agatha and get the Violin for her? Just a few of hundreds of things you can do. On the bright side, it does have a pretty high replay value. You can do all of these things with a character that can be anywhere from a little different to exactly the opposite if you decide to play through again. Sounds like you soured on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Peck, I didn't comment on this until now because I was so stunned that you just ran straight through to the end of the game. That's certainly one way to play it, but not very satisfying. I can't even begin to tell you how much content you likely missed on the way through. Did you do the quest where you get Lincoln's Repeater, the best small gun in the game? Did you bother to track down schematics so you can make weapons out of the wasteland junk you find on Moira's workbench? Did you track down the T51b power armor, or get the Ranger Battle Armor from Reilly? Did you find Agatha and get the Violin for her? Just a few of hundreds of things you can do. On the bright side, it does have a pretty high replay value. You can do all of these things with a character that can be anywhere from a little different to exactly the opposite if you decide to play through again. Sounds like you soured on it though.
    I had no idea how far the main story was going to go. Sometimes in games like this if you do something out of order or not on time other things become affected. I wasn't sure on this one. Besides I've never had a game like this end before. I mean there was an ending but never to the point where you could not continue playing.

As to the side storys, yea I did several before I completed the main quest. I built the shiskabob, got the T51b armor. I did not get the ranger armor nor did I get the violin.

Right now I am going back and doing the survival guide. I am on chapter three at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a kick @ss game and now that my anger over the ending is starting to ebb I am sure I will get many more hours of use out of this.

Still though, they need to give you some kind of warning that you are ending the story (if they are not going to let you continue).

Halo Wars comes out this week, I am sure I will get this soon.

Mood

Pole Position on my iPhone. Always a classic.

I'm all in a tizzy for Madworld, which comes out March 10th. I really can't wait. Sign posts through the eyes, man darts, shoving a tire around a guy and then shoving him into a moving train. All while the commentators (Greg Proops from Whose Line and John Dimaggio (Bender from Futurama)) are having a laugh. Great stuff.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

My brother just got Street Fighter IV for the PS3. It's not a bad game if you grew up playing SF 2 at the College Arcade....but I don't think it's worth the $60 it costs to get it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I played the Halo Wars demo last night. Meh.

It was just like any other strategy war game on the computer. I probably buy it some time down the road just for the online play, but really nothing to be excited about from what I could tell.

Halo Wars.

Sadly I like war strategy games so I really like this one. I am just now messing around with it but it looks like there are tons and tons of options with this game and appears to be like Halo in the fact that there is a very hig amount of replay factor here.

Still messing around with Fallout 3 as well. Still am p!ssed at the way they made me end it but I have found some decent quest lately just from wondering around. I am currently in the Republic of Dave.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

It was either Pong or Pacman, not sure which.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Pacman
    According to this, posted on 10-16-2007, it was Pacman...

Madworld- oh heeeelll yes! Super uber violence! Nothing says obey me like a bloody head on a signpost, along with a tire placed around you, and thrown into a moving train
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Call of Duty 4. I've been playing this online for a few weeks. I can't get enough.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, Resident Evil 5 ships tomorrow. Who's gonna pick it up?

I'm thinking of convincing my poorer friend to buy Res 5 so I can play it... Looks allright got some good reviews..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Killzone 2, the demo. Liked it so much i just went out and bought it.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    According to this, posted on 10-16-2007, it was Pacman...
    Thanks man. I'm glad to know I can count on my friends, I can't count on my memory but I can count on my friends.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Nerd.
    Mood

Super Mario Bros 3