Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Mood

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

I like the upgrade, and as a Netflix user I really appreciate that feature being added.

We don't have that feature down under, and I have noticed a couple of my friends browsing that feature..

is it just a online movie shop ?, pay for them with MS points or something ?

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't have that feature down under, and I have noticed a couple of my friends browsing that feature..

is it just a online movie shop ?, pay for them with MS points or something ?
    If you're 1) A Gold Xbox Live Member and 2) A Netflix subscriber (well, anything more than the cheapest account), you have access to their streaming media library of movies/tv shows/documentaries. A modest selection right now, but pretty cool nontheless. Very watchable video. If the connection is high at the time, it's pretty much DVD quality. No cost beyond the subscriptions you're already paying for (Gold Live, Netflix).

I got Chrono Trigger today for my DS. I'm in love...

The greatest RPG ever and one of the greatest games ever. So much charm in this game
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL Viva Pinata

Mood

Fallout 3

Fallout 3 could have been game of the year if they had just fixed some of the minor model bugs and made the main story path a bit longer / harder.

Still a great game however.

I'm going to get Left4Dead next.

It's getting 3 new episodes as downloadable content.

OK, let me see the last video game I played would have been Space Invaders back in 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK, let me see the last video game I played would have been Space Invaders back in 1984
    When I saw you'd posted I knew it would be something like this.

Does Windows Solitaire count? If not, I played Centipede in, I believe, 1983.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

me and a mate just rented Left4dead for the weekend for the Co-OP action..

It's not bad, he loves the monster mashing, to me, yeah it's allright but doesen't talk much skill, in CO-OP anyways..

not a bad game, woulden't say a keeper, it's a real button mash n just spray those dam zombies... has a few cool different monsters... but in general, it's a zombie throw back to just button mash deluxe...

Mood

I THOUGHT I would be saying Left4Dead soon, but Gamefly decided I'd rather not have that one right now.

Desert Bus.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

You can definitely tell the old play engine was left intact, as well as the original AI. Some original sound effects were retained for some odd reason, while a lot of other ones were changed.

Graphically, it looks phenomenal.

Has anyone been able to create a game on XBOX live NBA 2K9 recently or ever ?, I tryed to create some games a couple days back, but got, the lobby is closed everytime, same messege when i tryed when I first got the game...

Auditorium

Very cool puzzle/music game.

Mood

Heads up for everyone, Target (at least in the Indy area) is selling Fallout 3, Mortal Kombat vs. DC, and Saints Row 2 for $39.99 until this Saturday. I can't speak to the other two as I haven't played them, but this is an OUTSTANDING deal for the completely excellent Fallout 3. This is for both 360 and PS3.

Mood

LittleBigPlanet for PS3 again. This game never gets old. Never. There is ALWAYS some mind blowing new user content to download for it. Free downloads BTW.

I've come to the clonclusion that Sony released the PS3 three years too early. It really is an amazing piece of hardware. If they had set a date of late 2009, and launched with their current price points they would have done MUCH better. The features on the PS3 are nice, but in 2006, the benefit of having one wasn't there yet. It's a different story now as the things that make the PS3's features worthwhile have hit critical mass. With HDTV's so prevalent now, a Blu-Ray player with HDMI out capable of 1080p makes more sense now than it did in Nov. 2006. The fact that broadband internet is much more entrenched now that it was then also helps. If they had waited, everyone who wanted a 360 or Wii would have already had one and made a new shiny console that much more attractive. In a recent software update they added flashplayer support that will allow it to stream Hulu in standard or HD, making many good TV shows and several feature length films available for no extra cost. Had they waited the PS3 would have launched with this capability. Software support would have been better because developers would have had more time to get rolling with it, and been more excited to develop for it had there been a delay. I considred selling it several times, but I'm glad I stuck with it this long now that many of the promises Sony made are being delivered. I just hope it starts selling and it's not too little too late. Anyhow that's my . I'd be interested to see thoughts on this if anyone thinks Sony would have been better or worse off had they delayed the PS3 launch.
    Last edited by travmil; 01-28-2009 at 11:59 AM.

World of Goo

Phenomenal game. Well worth the $15.

I also finished up Chrono Trigger. Man is that the best game or what.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    World of Goo

Phenomenal game. Well worth the $15.

I also finished up Chrono Trigger. Man is that the best game or what.
    I love Chrono Trigger. Probably my favorite game of all time. I've heard the re-issue is pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    I love Chrono Trigger. Probably my favorite game of all time. I've heard the re-issue is pretty good, too.
    Definitely my favorite game, no question. Yes, the DS version is well done. They have some other things added in, a battle mode of some sort, plus a couple new dungeons which I haven't tried yet. There's also a new ending. But it's well done, and well designed for touchscreen use. They kept the old graphics rather than updating like they did for FFIV, but I like it that way.

Mood

Star wars force unleashed for wii. Loved it!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Left 4 Dead (for the PC). Been playing it a lot lately. It's a fun game, especially when playing Versus online, since it's unlike anything else I've played. It really relies on using teamwork (whether you're the humans or the zombies). Even if you have extreme individual skill, it won't mean a thing if you don't work together.

That being said, it's also maddeningly frustrating... at least the PC version. The game still feels as if it's a beta release, as there are so many small bugs to fix and improvements they could make, which would really make it worthwhile. I've also read it has issues running on certain systems (like mine), specifically with Vista. At least once per day my game tends to just lock up and cause the video drivers to stop working for a good 2 minutes. Also the online servers seem to be very laggy, and you can't control which server you join - it's an automated matchmaking/lobby system which really sucks compared to most shooters.

I see from the xbox board that a lot of you play left 4 dead. Can anybody tell me if it is worth picking up for the 360?

BTW, I went to wal-mart and picked up a game called Viking battle for Asgard for $20.00

Unreal. This game looks like it slipped past everybody and had no fanfare or many purchases for that matter.

The graphics are every bit as good as the Lord of the Ring: Conquest game and the action story line is better than the much vaunted Fable 2.

BTW, I like both the LOTR game and Fable 2.

But for $20.00 this thing is great. The map on this is huge and much more interactive than Fable 2 map.

This is far more like Elder Scroll: Oblivion Gate (probably the best RPG game out there) it's not quite on that level but honestly is it no that much worse either.

However this is supposed to be about left 4 dead on the xbox 360, so if anyone could let me know. Thanks

Mood

I'd rent Left 4 Dead. Fun game, but no depth to it. I've got it through GameFly, and I'll keep it around for a while, but I'm glad I didn't pay $50 or $60 for it.