Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 2599

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

  1. #176
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Rise of the Underminer
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  2. #177

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Twilight Princess Wii

    Man I love the Wii
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. #178

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Fight Night Round 3 on PS3 (Console)

    Or

    World of Warcraft (PC)

  4. #179
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Battle for Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch-King. I swear, this expansion messed everything up. The added race is way too powerful, and simultaneously they watered-down the other races.

  5. #180
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took on the Earth Tyrant at a level lower than I should have a while ago, too. Took about 45 minutes for that fight.
    Yeah, I first stumbled upon the Earth Tyrant at, like, level 25 or so, and it tore me apart. So I went back about 10 levels later and gave it what for. Then I didn't even get anything for it. Pfft.

    Working on Cuchulainn at the moment - the Sap field effect makes it rough, though, even with Regen. Trying to kill it through Quickenings almost exclusively now - I've come really close a couple times. Got a Black Hole against Exodus, maybe I can do it against Ol' Fatty too.

    IndyToad
    Cats on Mars

  6. #181

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Twilight Princess Wii

    Man I love the Wii



    I, also love the wii.
    the last game i played was far cry vengance and if anyone knows how to get out of shantytown I would appreciate it.
    That'll do.

  7. #182

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by xi Sickness xi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smash bros melee for Gamecube, man I pwn in that game.


    BEST. GAME. EVER.
    That'll do.

  8. #183

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I first stumbled upon the Earth Tyrant at, like, level 25 or so, and it tore me apart. So I went back about 10 levels later and gave it what for. Then I didn't even get anything for it. Pfft.

    Working on Cuchulainn at the moment - the Sap field effect makes it rough, though, even with Regen. Trying to kill it through Quickenings almost exclusively now - I've come really close a couple times. Got a Black Hole against Exodus, maybe I can do it against Ol' Fatty too.

    IndyToad
    Cats on Mars
    I finally got Quickenings for all three players las tnight. Hadn't really been interested in doing so, but needed the magic boost. So I found me a bunny in Damasca Easterlands afterwards and unleashed a Quickening chain on it.

    Yeah. I'm a jackass.

  9. #184
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Wait, is it a field that causes Sap, or a field that saps HP?

    Pardon the n00b question, but if it's the former, can't you just equip an item that's immune to Sap?
    Narf!

  10. #185
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I finally got Quickenings for all three players las tnight. Hadn't really been interested in doing so, but needed the magic boost. So I found me a bunny in Damasca Easterlands afterwards and unleashed a Quickening chain on it.

    Yeah. I'm a jackass.
    I meant to say "3 Quickenings for all players".
    Narf!

  11. #186
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm horribly addicted to Final Fantasy XII. Thank goodness for the embroidered trippets, or it would take forever to level your back-up characters.
    i'm on 112 hours, trying to finish up the rare hunts for the hunt club (only have 5 more to go), the rest of the marks (i'm supposed to be going to Phros lighthouse story wise), and finding all techniques and the such.

    I never thought i would reach the 100 hour mark ever again after Okami, but wow. lol thats what keeps me coming back to RPGS totaly worth it if you put the time into it.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  12. #187
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm on 112 hours, trying to finish up the rare hunts for the hunt club (only have 5 more to go), the rest of the marks (i'm supposed to be going to Phros lighthouse story wise), and finding all techniques and the such.

    I never thought i would reach the 100 hour mark ever again after Okami, but wow. lol thats what keeps me coming back to RPGS totaly worth it if you put the time into it.
    I hate you.

    And to be fair, I hadn't played an RPG (or really much of anything) since the original FF for NES. But I have nothing to do now that I'm just waiting for my law school apps to get back, and I'm not spending all my free time with the woman. Or talking to real people.
    Narf!

  13. #188
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate you.

    And to be fair, I hadn't played an RPG (or really much of anything) since the original FF for NES. But I have nothing to do now that I'm just waiting for my law school apps to get back, and I'm not spending all my free time with the woman. Or talking to real people.
    Would you hate me more if I told you that I had no idea what you guys were talking about and felt left out, so I copied that from some random Final Fantasy forum?

    Not that I would ever do such a thing. I was just wondering.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  14. #189
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you hate me more if I told you that I had no idea what you guys were talking about and felt left out, so I copied that from some random Final Fantasy forum?

    Not that I would ever do such a thing. I was just wondering.......
    That's why I hate you. I thought it was fairly evident you did that.
    Narf!

  15. #190
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, is it a field that causes Sap, or a field that saps HP?

    Pardon the n00b question, but if it's the former, can't you just equip an item that's immune to Sap?
    Erm, second one. Sorry, I can see how that was confusing, guess I shouldn't have capitalized it. But, the boss does cast Sap in addition to the field effect, so it's like one great big no HP party. I wonder if I could cast Bubble on the people with the Bubble Belts...would that give me some kind of Double Bubble...? Just need to survive for awhile to deal enough damage so I won't have to rely entirely on a barrage of Quickenings.

    IndyToad
    If it failed, I suppose it would be a Bubble Bobble

  16. #191
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Uh, then cast Regen, Shell, Protect, and Save me Jesus before the battle?

    Oh, and if I didn't buy Bubble from the Clan provider before moving up a couple more rankings, is it available anywhere else? He doesn't seem to want to sell it to me.
    Narf!

  17. #192
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I hate you.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  18. #193
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erm, second one. Sorry, I can see how that was confusing, guess I shouldn't have capitalized it. But, the boss does cast Sap in addition to the field effect, so it's like one great big no HP party. I wonder if I could cast Bubble on the people with the Bubble Belts...would that give me some kind of Double Bubble...? Just need to survive for awhile to deal enough damage so I won't have to rely entirely on a barrage of Quickenings.

    IndyToad
    If it failed, I suppose it would be a Bubble Bobble
    Or, if you get desperate, isn't there a tecknik that will convert your MP to HPx10? Then use some ethers to rebuild the MP, and if it doesn't go away, just do all your curing/remedying with items and wear mirror armor or reflect items?
    Narf!

  19. #194
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

    It's almost 3 years old, and I've had it for a year and a 1/2. I was saving it until my son was old enough to play it. He got it for Christmas this year.

    Great game.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  20. #195
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, then cast Regen, Shell, Protect, and Save me Jesus before the battle?

    Oh, and if I didn't buy Bubble from the Clan provider before moving up a couple more rankings, is it available anywhere else? He doesn't seem to want to sell it to me.
    Yeah, I have Regen, Shell, Protect, Reflect and Bravery on. Maybe if I could make myself immune to all physical attacks like so many of the bosses do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or, if you get desperate, isn't there a tecknik that will convert your MP to HPx10? Then use some ethers to rebuild the MP, and if it doesn't go away, just do all your curing/remedying with items and wear mirror armor or reflect items?
    Even if I used Penelo (who has the most MP), I think the number would still be less than what my Bubble Belts give me. I'm going to gain a couple more levels and then go back and try it again.

    As far as the Clan provider goes, I don't think anything should go away once you gain a rank... Nothing has for me, anyway. I'm not sure why you can't buy it. I haven't seen it anywhere else, either, although I usually overlook anything greyed out.

    IndyToad
    Styrofoamy

  21. #196
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    I want a bubble belt.
    Narf!

  22. #197
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Does the field last forever? Or does it go away after a while?
    Narf!

  23. #198
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a bubble belt.
    I bought one from the Clan Provisioner. They sell for about 19K... I got the other one from the Antlion hunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the field last forever? Or does it go away after a while?
    As far as I've been able to discern, it lasts the whole battle.

    IndyToad
    All I do is...dance

  24. #199
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    Just bought Shadow of the Collossus (I'm at a point where I've fallen behind enough to buy just about all my games in their $20 packaging).

    I don't think I've ever beat a game in 3 days (about 4 hours each day). It was fun while it lasted (except for the next to last giant who had 2 secrect vulnerability point of which I found the 2nd one first and spent like 2 hours one day trying to get to a spot I wasn't allowed to get to). Worth the $20, definately glad I didn't buy it full price.

    Anyone beat it in hard mode? Is there any reason to?

  25. #200

    Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

    So someone give me the skinny on FFXII. Obviously you guys love it, but keep in mind I'm a hardcore FF player, and have been playing since I was...7 with the original FF. Having said that, I feel the series is going down the crapper, with every incarnation focusing more on gameplay and graphics, when I prefer they stick to a compelling storyline. I was planning on completely blowing this one off, but it's set in Ivalice, and is done by the guy that did my favorite FF of all time, FF Tactics.

    So, give me a brief synopsis? Will I hate this game? Or does it have some sort of storyline to keep me interested?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •