Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2602

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

NBA 2K14. Went through the tutorial. They went back to the dribble/shooting stick. Not my fave. I don't like using the stick to shoot, but with more practice maybe I will.

Haven't done much more than the tutorial and editing a few players. Will more tonight though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Given everything I have read about the GTA Online I might as well just keep playing the single player because it will just be hit or miss about getting online.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just about to snag my first helicopter. We'll see if I struggle with that more than planes.

As for Trevor, once I switched to him and it was dawn and he was doing the crane from the Karate Kid, and another he was just waking up from sleeping on teh balcony ledge...still drunk too...in his underwear.
    Later on in the game there is a flight school you can attend and that really helped me to hone my skills with the plans and choppers
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

2K14. Really having issues with response time. I'll push a button to jump or steal and it takes a second to see the effect. Shooting is ok, but it's the other stuff that's annoying as hell.

Now really free Lance!

Okay I might be crazy but did anyone else get what looks like, for lack of a better description, big foot in their infra red scope when they were shooting from the helicopter into the woods and river area while trying to protect Franklin? There are a ton of deer and of course the 3 bad guys you have to pop but then I got one tall what I thought was a man standing just south of the deer. I initially was going to shoot it but I didn't get the voice prompt from Michael so I held off and found another guy. I came back and he wasn't there.

Has anyone else had this happen or did I just not see it right?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You saw it right

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2K14 NBA of course!

Got drafted by the Pacers. Only got 17 and 16 min in my first 2 games. I'm officially the 6th man now. Hopefully a few more games and I'm the starter.

First game I got 9pts 3dimes 2boards 1 block (totally sweet from behind block) and 1 steal. Game 2 was slightly better with 11pts 3dimes 3boards 3steals and 1block. Thank God I can get blocks again.

Games has a lot of issues if you ask me. It's not 2K12 bad, but certainly not better than 2K13. Really hate the new dribble/shoot stick. Why must they change the controls every *****ing year? C'mon already.

Will give GTA Online a go this weekend.

Now really free Lance!

I find if you do the dribbling with the stick and shoot with X it's fairly simple.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

I caved and bought 14 love the control s. I have always been an X shooter never used the stick. I love the passing. they still haven't fixed rebounding but other than that muvh better than 2k13. I can finally fell the difference in using Paul George to George Hill much more realistic movement s.

I'm turning the ball over like crazy now. Can't dribble inside and the ball seems to get knocked away with ease. CPU never gets called for a foul...never! It's maddening.

They may have taken out where the CPU can push you out of bounds or get a back court violation, but I've had plenty of turnovers where you do that lose ball control dribbling while spinning around move right out of bounds. Ugh! What the crap is that?!

FT differential in 2K14 is waaaaaay in the other teams favor. I don't remember any other 2K games disparity being that high. My teammates are always fouling and they other team rarely gets anything called. The offensive rebounding is still broken. I'll box out and still the other team gets the rebound. Just crazy. I find myself screaming at the tv like I did with 2K12. Never did that with 2K11 or 13.

Teammates are beyond dumb in this game. I'll pass to a guy wide open and they rarely take the shot. They just hold the *****ing ball. I'll be open and no one throws the ball to me, I have to spam the A button cause hitting it once works like 50% of the time. When will 2K give you decent teammates.

Pacer4ever, you love the passing? I don't use the flashy passes at all. Why take the chance the teammate bobbles it out of bounds and you get the TO? No thanks. Flashy passes is a damn gimmick and a terrible one. Should just be based on your passer rating if you ask me. Not digging the passing in this game, but it's not horrible either. It's just your teammates are dumb as hell.

So far, not liking this game at all.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Now really free Lance!

I'm turning the ball over like crazy now. Can't dribble inside and the ball seems to get knocked away with ease. CPU never gets called for a foul...never! It's maddening.

They may have taken out where the CPU can push you out of bounds or get a back court violation, but I've had plenty of turnovers where you do that lose ball control dribbling while spinning around move right out of bounds. Ugh! What the crap is that?!

FT differential in 2K14 is waaaaaay in the other teams favor. I don't remember any other 2K games disparity being that high. My teammates are always fouling and they other team rarely gets anything called. The offensive rebounding is still broken. I'll box out and still the other team gets the rebound. Just crazy. I find myself screaming at the tv like I did with 2K12. Never did that with 2K11 or 13.

Teammates are beyond dumb in this game. I'll pass to a guy wide open and they rarely take the shot. They just hold the *****ing ball. I'll be open and no one throws the ball to me, I have to spam the A button cause hitting it once works like 50% of the time. When will 2K give you decent teammates.

Pacer4ever, you love the passing? I don't use the flashy passes at all. Why take the chance the teammate bobbles it out of bounds and you get the TO? No thanks. Flashy passes is a damn gimmick and a terrible one. Should just be based on your passer rating if you ask me. Not digging the passing in this game, but it's not horrible either. It's just your teammates are dumb as hell.

So far, not liking this game at all.
    I love it in that it plays like an actual basketball game. You can't do things on the floor normal basketball players aren't supposed to be able to do. If you try to force your way into the lane, you're going to lose the ball. If you over dribble with a non ball handler, you're going to lose the ball. If you attempt a bad pass from a bad distance or angle......you're going to lose the ball.

This game isn't perfect (AI occasionally walks out of bounds for no good reason), but it's as close to real basketball rules as I've ever seen in a video game.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Dream Big

I like how you can get mugged on a shot attempt but won't get free throws unless the other team is in the penalty.

Been working on my dribbling. TOs have gone down, but your teammates still completely useless. Can't tell you how often the C or PF comes out to help try to block a shot even though they aren't even close to the person shooting, thus leaving their guy wide open under the basket and the shooter passes out of shot to their guy right under the basket for an easy lay-in. And I can't ever see to pass out of a shot.

I have never seen teammates miss so many layups and open shots as I do with my teammates. What a pain in the *** trying to get assists now. Teammates won't shoot when you pass to them and they are wide open. Still haven't gotten more than 9 dimes in one game.

I missed 4 straight completely wide open 3s and I'm an 85 on my 3s. No one makes every wide open shot, but c'mon, this is a joke. The defense sags to the point where they just give you the 3s.

I agree with Kstat that the game is more realistic in terms of driving inside, but that's it. Seriously, that's the only improvement. The blocking is nice, but now it happens waaaay too often. This game is as maddening as 2K12 if you ask me in terms of completely making you frustrated.

Also, what's the deal with your pg making that hop step thing as you cross half court. Tinsley use to do that a lot, but he had a defender close by. I'm not near anyone...it slows me up and it's annoying. Why do they put useless **** in these games?
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    I like how you can get mugged on a shot attempt but won't get free throws unless the other team is in the penalty.
    It isn't a shot attempt animation if a player simply lands on you.

2K14 for me too. I got drafted by da Bulls, backing up DRose. Played two games and I'm the 6th man. I don't really have a problem getting into the lane, and I draw fouls pretty well. Rose has been playing like poop, I closed out last game at point. I've always had problems with defense in these games, but this year I think defensive positioning has been easier to maintain, and I don't jump passing lanes so I'm not getting burnt by over committing. I can handle the ball fine and passing with the fancy stick isn't too bad, though I've let a few embarrassing passes fly into row z.

2K14 NBA of course!

Got drafted by the Pacers. Only got 17 and 16 min in my first 2 games. I'm officially the 6th man now. Hopefully a few more games and I'm the starter.

First game I got 9pts 3dimes 2boards 1 block (totally sweet from behind block) and 1 steal. Game 2 was slightly better with 11pts 3dimes 3boards 3steals and 1block. Thank God I can get blocks again.

Games has a lot of issues if you ask me. It's not 2K12 bad, but certainly not better than 2K13. Really hate the new dribble/shoot stick. Why must they change the controls every *****ing year? C'mon already.

Will give GTA Online a go this weekend.
    What position do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    What position do you play?
    I'm always a point guard - 6'4". I'm more of a Jason Kidd type of player. I love playing great defense and setting up teammates. I'm never one to score a whole lot, but this game forces you to since your teammate AI is abysmal.

Thinking about making a shooting guard though. Tired of having to deal with all the great point guards in the league. hahaha

I've played about 8 games now. I was named starting point guard after the 5th or 6th game (I did trade away Hill before starting My Player so I would become the starter faster - traded Hill and Dwest for Faried; also traded Solomon and OJ for Royce White and signed a couple backups out of FA).

Since named starter I've been averaging 23pts, 3boards 7dimes, 2 steals and 2 blocks. Really really hard to get assists. Hibbert and Faried miss every damn layup. Granger and PG will not shoot when they are open and I pass to them.

My Player is really frustrating. I literally have to do everything.

Now really free Lance!

Take a listen to this. Chris Smoove is one of the best dudes to watch play games and announce.

Here's some of the things he says about 2K14. He's on the money and I've been saying this stuff too. 2K is just frustrating man.

Now really free Lance!

I am just not into GTA online like I was with RDR Online. I do not know what it is, but I just cannot get into it as well.

It is fun to hear my friend yelling at the guy at the register to hurry up with the money, but there is only so much robbing that you can do. I have not had much time to do the missions on there so maybe that will help.

The deathmatch stuff is good, but if I want to play a death match I will play Halo or Battlefield. It was billed as this amazing thing, but overall it just meh right now.

Now the single player has just been flat out amazing.

I've not tried the online mode yet for GTA5. I'm still working my way through the story mode, but I just can't seem to get a bunch of money. I've invested in stocks alittle bit and made some returns but nothing that has put me over 1 million with any of the characters. Trevor has about $500K. While Michael and Franklin are about 250K each. About to do the bank heist in Paleto Bay though, maybe that will get us over the 1 Million hump. I've done 2 of the assassination missions: the CEO, and the Jury, made some money from those.

I saved the mobster's daughter in the fitness park and she wired me like 60K, that was nice.
    I found a 25K case you get in that weird scene were you pull up off the highway and their is a circle of cars all honking and dead bodies everywhere and the guys who are still barely alive tell you not to take the case. Got killed shortly afterward by some head hunters so still made $20K.

I bought the Hen House so that's starting to make me money @ $950/week. Is there another business that I should buy that rakes in good income?

How much money can you pull in from holding up the stores?

Next step is to get the scuba gear and try to find all the hidden underwater cases.

Also I spotted big foot on the thermal scope during recent mission to kill some of Trevor's enemies. But i couldn't shoot him in time before he disappeared. What happens if you shoot him?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Well, there is a cash exploit if you want to go that route. You'll have to youtube or google it, but it's off a point in the NW corner of the map. Dive toward a shipwreck, case has $15K. Immediately switch to another character. Immediately switch back to character underwater, his O2 will be refilled and the case will respawn.

Not sure if Rockstar patched this yet. I used it before Trevor entered the story, just for the hell of it and so I could max out early car mods.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm wanting to put together a crew of people who just want to play GTA Online without dealing with foul mouthed kids and anonymous D-bags. I opened it up first to Area 55 and G2 Zone members, but didn't get a whole lot of interest it seems, so I'm opening it up for PD now.

For either console (and the upcoming PC version, that I'll be switching to down the road ), send me a friend request on RGSC here (preferably with a note with your PD handle if possible):
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/thesandman21

And I'll send a crew invite back.

BTW, I think the diving exploit has been patched.

Also for those who have been trying to play GTA Online:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...s-package-this
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is it me or in 2k14 players tend to forget their defensive assignments? I mean I reduced from coach profiles the defensive help but mainly the double teams(wasn't that high anyway) cause everyone would just come and help me without asking it. Thus, leaving a player open on the corner.

Moreover, I'm chasing down the guy I am supposed to follow off ball down the basket, right? When we get near or inside the paint there will always be a mix with my and opposite "4" and "5". The result is Hibbert will start following the guy I was marking (say for example the shooting guard) thus creating miss matches right away. It's not like there was no time to recover my marking or something.

Finally, most of the time I see the opposing pg isolating Hill. Now, I use the intense D most of the time cause otherwise I'll get burnt. Well no matter how good D I will pay, the point guard 70% of the time will pass me by and then coast to the basket. Help from my big guys will arrive late unfortunately. Increasing 'Help D' is one that will assist me on that for sure but pretty sure the point guard will start passing to the open PF or C.

Paul George is playing like a superstar on this and I love it.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 10-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Is it me or in 2k14 players tend to forget their defensive assignments? I mean I reduced from coach profiles the defensive help but mainly the double teams(wasn't that high anyway) cause everyone would just come and help me without asking it. Thus, leaving a player open on the corner.

Moreover, I'm chasing down the guy I am supposed to follow off ball down the basket, right? When we get near or inside the paint there will always be a mix with my and opposite "4" and "5". The result is Hibbert will start following the guy I was marking (say for example the shooting guard) thus creating miss matches right away. It's not like there was no time to recover my marking or something.

Finally, most of the time I see the opposing pg isolating Hill. Now, I use the intense D most of the time cause otherwise I'll get burnt. Well no matter how good D I will pay, the point guard 70% of the time will pass me by and then coast to the basket. Help from my big guys will arrive late unfortunately. Increasing 'Help D' is one that will assist me on that for sure but pretty sure the point guard will start passing to the open PF or C.

Teammate AI are ridiculously dumb.

I can usually get past my guy no problem, but there always 3 guys waiting for me in the lane. However, the other way if I get beat it usually means a layup cause my guys are complete no shows in the paint.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post

The same thing has started happening to me recently, if I'm guarding someone off ball and they make a baseline cut and I see a screen from their big i'll avoid it and keep track of my guy, but the big will switch even if I don't even make contact with the screener, then the opposing big is all alone on one side of the court for an easy 5 footer.

They overhelp when they don't need to, and underhelp when I get twisted in the lane. Which brings me to defensive positioning. When I get iso'd at the top of the key, I use very subtle movements with the stick, trying to never overcommit one direction or the other, just stay between the guy and the basket. But without fail, my opponent will get to the free throw line, make one cross and get free. When he starts to make his hard cut I'm pulling my stick down and towards the hand their cutting to hard and my player continues to shuffle slowly like he's just standing there, but if he tries to cross and I don't bite with the controls my player will try to jump the cross, leaving the opponent an easy step in the other direction for an easy layup. I don't use the steal button(I learned in 2k12 that steals just lead to fouling out) and I don't use the right stick for anything on d.