Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2578

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

GTA V is pretty fun so far. I think the wanted level is ultra sensitive though. I haven't tried the blimp yet, going to get to that tonight.
    I'm a little disappointed in the idea that I couldn't pick up the axe or golf clubs that were in Michael's garage when boosting the SUV. I think that should be a natural progression in these games from generation to generation. I feel like I should be able to pick up a garbage can and throw it at some body. You can move the garbage can with your feet, but about it. But maybe i'm just complaining.

I've noticed that its really hard to get a high completion level on the missions. I'm always in the 60-70% range even though
    I did everything right. Hard to make money too. Haven't ventured too far from the mission areas yet though.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went up in the blimp yesterday, my first impression is HOLY **** THIS PLACE IS HUGE. All the other GTA's felt big, but eventually you figured out the confines by the first or second day. I bet I haven't even touched 80% of the map yet if not more and I've already been in an area that feels as big as GTA IV.

Oh yeah, I attacked another blimp from above with my blimp and crashed them both into a highway overpass. That was awesome.
    Once a vehicle is yours, is it yours for good? So if you crashed that blimp, can you just load another one or do you have to buy one again?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Once a vehicle is yours, is it yours for good? So if you crashed that blimp, can you just load another one or do you have to buy one again?
    The blimp you can load whenever by calling the contact on your phone. It is pretty funny, you literally call a blimp company and I franklin the dialogue is like "Yo, I need a blimp!"

Every character has a built in safe house garage where you can store cars as well. Plus you can buy homes and stuff.

I agree with graphic-er's point about picking up stuff in the environment, don't know why they haven't put that in, but I suppose it's a minor complaint in the scheme of things, but I also tried to grab a melee weapon from the garage when I was boosting the SUV.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The blimp you can load whenever by calling the contact on your phone. It is pretty funny, you literally call a blimp company and I franklin the dialogue is like "Yo, I need a blimp!"

Every character has a built in safe house garage where you can store cars as well. Plus you can buy homes and stuff.

I agree with graphic-er's point about picking up stuff in the environment, don't know why they haven't put that in, but I suppose it's a minor complaint in the scheme of things, but I also tried to grab a melee weapon from the garage when I was boosting the SUV.
    Just think how fun it would be to pick up some rocks or soda cans and wing them at people from a roof top. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Just think how fun it would be to pick up some rocks or soda cans and wing them at people from a roof top. LOL!
    If only they had a spit feature.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If only they had a spit feature.
    Just wait til the PC version comes out and someone mods it in.....

/pctroll
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

For now I'm just enjoying GTA V by watching Chris Smooth's videos on YouTube, but I may eventually get it. I think I might just wait for PC. From what I can tell, there's no announcement or release date for a PC release, but surely it will come sometime, right?

Looking on Wikipedia, I see GTA IV came out on PC about 7 months after it was released on Xbox 360/PS3, so maybe that means we'll see GTA V for PC in the spring?

GTA V

Only have Michael and Franklin right now. Mostly been getting used to the driving mechanics, and uncover the map. Still almost impossible for me to drive and shoot at the same time...still need to practice that. Very gorgeous game.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    For now I'm just enjoying GTA V by watching Chris Smooth's videos on YouTube, but I may eventually get it. I think I might just wait for PC. From what I can tell, there's no announcement or release date for a PC release, but surely it will come sometime, right?

Looking on Wikipedia, I see GTA IV came out on PC about 7 months after it was released on Xbox 360/PS3, so maybe that means we'll see GTA V for PC in the spring?
    Chris Smoove is really a great commentator for games. His NBA 2K videos are fun to watch.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Unconfirmed rumors say we might see it before that, but a spring and even early summer release works for me, I'm expecting a lot of time to be taken up by WatchDogs and AC4, as well as the rest of my backlog of PC titles (I love me Steam sales and I love having made $23 in electronic trading card sales to apply towards buying one of those titles)....

And yes, there are assets on the console discs that are pointing towards a PC version.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Mood

Beat GTA 5. nice to have 30m in the bank account. It is a really good game first game I have beat in ages. I normally get bored and move on with shooters.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Beat GTA 5. nice to have 30m in the bank account. It is a really good game first game I have beat in ages. I normally get bored and move on with shooters.
    Oh my lord how many hours did that take? I'm just a classic free-roamer that runs from the cops for hours on end.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    Oh my lord how many hours did that take? I'm just a classic free-roamer that runs from the cops for hours on end.
    I have no idea really. I beat all the "mission's but I still have 30% of the total game left to complete. I loved the story. I went all anti free roam for this game and took cabs every where or a plane. I have been all over the map though, and the missions took for ever driving all over the place. I plan to take a deeper dive into the map after the semester ends. I spent more time gaming in the past 4 days than I have the previous 4 months.

I don't game very much in fact I had not turned on my xbox to play an actual game in like 2 months.

The only time I free roamed was the first night I got the game. I spent 3 hr trying to steal a plane from the airport that didn't turn out so well lol.

GTA 5. I was stuck on a mission. Should be spoiler free, so I'll just post the issue I had below.

After you case the jewelry store near the beginning and plan out the heist, there was nothing on my map. I couldn't figure out what to do or where to go. I'd call Lester and wouldn't pick up. I guess I needed to progress some of the characters a bit first, cause when I did that, then I got a call from Lester. But I spent a couple of real time hours doing absolutely nothing trying to figure out what to do. hahaha

Finally found an Infernus. Didn't keep it though, and now I see those damn cars everywhere. Took me forever to find one and now it's all I see. Very nice car!! Gonna get me one next time and put it in my garage.

I've also got the bottom half of the map all the way uncovered. Some beautiful scenery driving up the mountains.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-23-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Now really free Lance!

GTA V, So apparently the key to making alot of money is investing the stock market after you get your big payday from the Jewelry heist. There are supposed to be other assassination missions like the lifeinvader one where you can invest in the rival company before you assassinate the target. You can also invest in companies and somehow burn down or cause severe damage their rivals. Thus shooting up the stock price in your favor.

Let me know if any of you have done this, i'm just not sure how to go about setting all that up. I've not been given any opportunity to screw over one of the companies yet.

There's a company that is Los Santos major insurance provider....think about the potential there..

Also, Bawsaq companies are all affected by real epople playing the game. So ammu nation is always a sound investment because everyone needs weapons and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Let me know if any of you have done this, i'm just not sure how to go about setting all that up. I've not been given any opportunity to screw over one of the companies yet.
    After the Jewelry heist, Lester has assassination missions for Franklin. I've done the first, where he says we're going to kill the head of company x, which will really help company y. I then went to the stock exchange website and bought a bunch of shares of company y and did the hit.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I cheated

I banked 3 mil for Franklin doing the sunken treasure character switch glitch

I'm about 50% through... Been taking my time... But should finish a little bit after online comes out at this pace...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

When can I start buying real estate? I have money after doing the jewelry heist. Also, where do you buy cars? Cause stealing them and storing them in my garage before I quit each game is a bit annoying.

Now really free Lance!

When can I start buying real estate? I have money after doing the jewelry heist. Also, where do you buy cars? Cause stealing them and storing them in my garage before I quit each game is a bit annoying.
    On your map should be little houses with $ in them, that's property that you can buy. Just walk up to the for sale sign, though some are character specific.

I haven't bought any yet, but supposedly you can buy cars on the web and they'll show up in your garage.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

You can buy the cars, property, planes, etc. all through the internet.

I've started a crew for Indiana boys called HoosierCompany... Anyone interested in joining? I will prolly have both PS3 and XBox Chapters... But it's invite only... So if you would want in I need your Rockstar Social Club ID...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

One thing i'm not liking about GTA 5 is the new shooting while driving. You are either shooting or not shooting. No time to aim and really take a quality shot. I guess thats like real life though. But these mechanics also make driving from the hood view pretty much useless, I used to always drive around using the hood view in past games. Just made everything more realistic.

Have any of you actually tried to walk into a a fast food place when you are low on health? I can't seem to find any that let you walk in.

Best way to lose the cops when you have a high wanted level. Go to the pier and hop on the jetski's, Go way out in to ocean and just ride around for awhile. All you have to worry about are the choppers, which you can shoot down. The police boats are pretty stupid. Its hard to lose the cops on land because you get a way for awhile and then all the sudden a random cop standing on the corner will radio you in again and you have to start all over.

Did anyone kill the the FIB agents when you had that brief meeting about getting the informant extracted from the IAA building? I didn't dare do it, because I forgot about the last time I saved my progress, and didn't' want to get arrested and lose all my guns.

I don't think the fast food stores function like that anymore.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

J7F