Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2616

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Right now in Skyrim, I have 45 active quests....ridiculous. Good ridiculous but still...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't find the freaking throat of the world. I like the detail in this map, but I honestly preferred Oblivion's map where you could actually see roads and stuff like that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't find the freaking throat of the world. I like the detail in this map, but I honestly preferred Oblivion's map where you could actually see roads and stuff like that.
    Yeah, I love the detail, but wish they would have outlined roads...hell, just the major ones. I'm finding that it's better to walk than ride a horse cause I almost always end near a cliff.

Lost my horse to a pack of bears...yes a pack...there were 5 *****ing bears! I ran off while 3 bears and 2 wolf killed my horse. I was able to take down the 2 bears that chased after me. All in all, that was a bloody good time!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. Pretty spectacular.
    Really want that game, but I have Skyrim, Gears 3, 2k12 (though I'd rather play 2k11) and AC Brotherhood that all need playing.

I'll definitely pick it up early next year though. The first Halo was my fav. I couldn't beat certain portions on Legendary, but I'd make it a game to see how fast I can beat certain levels on Herioc. Just hated the difficulty leap from Herioc to Legendary. Herioc was so simple.

Now really free Lance!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Man I love games like Skyrim where its a huge open world for you to explore.

At level 15 I'm trying to buy any orc armor I find so I can get a set going. Rushing to 60 smithing for arcane blacksmith and orcish seemed to make sense, but I'm not rushing to 80. No more iron daggers for me. My flawless imperial armor (upgraded starter gear basically) isn't really holding up like it used to.

I find the sword/board style pretty compelling. I love the emphasis on striking when your oppenent is staggered or off-balance.

I don't really see the point of dual-wield melee weapons. I'm going to test out the perks but unless the non-power swings are just that much faster I doubt I keep it.

Lydia has a thing for rushing into camps of giants.

Also I have to go back a few saves because in Markath the immortal Vigilant Tyranus bugged out while trying to give a quest to me and now he chases me everywhere zapping me with lightning. I didn't hit him or anything and there's no way to make him revert from being hostile.

I accidentally punched the bard in the bannered mare during a brawl and lydia came swooping in and split him in half with her exquisite orcish battle axe. Not sure if I'm going to revert that or not.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I accidentally punched the bard in the bannered mare during a brawl and lydia came swooping in and split him in half with her exquisite orcish battle axe.
    That spoony bard deserved it....

Assassin's Creed: Revelations. So far it's pretty standard AC. Added bombs (which aren't that cool, imo), but so far the missions are pretty much the same and nothing really cool has been added. I don't love the city they chose either (Constantinople). I thought they did a pretty good job with the Middle Eastern architecture in the first game and was hoping they would send it over to London or Paris or something. Oh well. It's still AC and I still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations. So far it's pretty standard AC. Added bombs (which aren't that cool, imo), but so far the missions are pretty much the same and nothing really cool has been added. I don't love the city they chose either (Constantinople). I thought they did a pretty good job with the Middle Eastern architecture in the first game and was hoping they would send it over to London or Paris or something. Oh well. It's still AC and I still love it.
    They couldn't go too far since they are still utilizing Ezio. The next AC should be a new ancestor. I'm sure we'll see a jump forward in time.

Now really free Lance!

Still on Skyrim, though my xbox froze. Letting it cool down for a bit.

I've taken on about 50 missions. I really need to stop accepting them and start working my way through some of these. LOL

I've had the Red Eagle mission since about the beginning of the game and just saw an IGN video on it. Think I'll go for that mission next. I need a cool sword.

Level 22 and still haven't seen any glass armor. Come on already!

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    As to skyrim the game let me tell you how big the game is.

I'm a level 21 (yes I know that is nothing) and have been playing for hours doing several different quest, but I have no idea what the main story is.

I'm sure I saw it when the game started but in all honesty I don't know which quest it is that is the main one.

Can someone remind me what it is so I can start to go back in that direction.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Right now I have 3 separate characters playing through Skyrim. Each seems like they are playing a completely different game

One of my guys is a mage doing the main quest line and siding with the Imperials eventually.

Another goes around and robs everyone blind while trying to never fight. Just getting super rich pickpocketing and breaking and entering. The pacifist thief.

My other character which I have played the most is my Assassin Archer. He is level 29 with a Glass bow and just owns everyone on master difficulty. He hasn't done hardly any of the main quest either. I am working with the Dark Brotherhood with him.

This is the best RPG I have ever played.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    They couldn't go too far since they are still utilizing Ezio. The next AC should be a new ancestor. I'm sure we'll see a jump forward in time.
    I thought this was the last one?

And Ezio is old as crap in this one. I have to say, the more I play it, the less impressed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I thought this was the last one?

And Ezio is old as crap in this one. I have to say, the more I play it, the less impressed I am.
    Nope, they're going to have at least one more next year to wrap up Desmond and the 2012 end-of-the-world storyline.

So far I'm loving it. I haven't done much of the story but I just love running around doing ****. Yes, bombs are dumb, and I don't care much for the city either, but I still giggle like a little girl every time I see the new counter kill animations.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

I mentioned yesterday that I was going after the Red Eagle sword. Never freakin happened.

Instead I took on what I thought was a simple game/quest and it turned out to be something like the Hangover. I was retracing my steps all over the place. It was a very long quest, but it was a lot of fun. I got to see more of the land and just kept getting lost in the beauty of the game. Finally finished the quest, won't spoil anything, but I did not see that coming!

This game is just full of surprises and you seriously never know what to expect.

The only down part is with the Radiant AI, and most quests are completely random, that I just have a boatload of quests. I have had to end conversations and simply say no. Next few days will be to work my way through these quests.

My smithing is up to level 60 so I can updgrade my enchanted armor. I had a cool 53 enchanted cuirass (increases hit points by 50) and I upgraded it to flawless and now it's a 73 rating!!

Need to work on enchanting now. I want to make my own enchanted armor.

This game just keeps getting better.

Now really free Lance!

I'm starting that hangover quest back up after doing many quests in Markath. However outside Rorikstead I got my *** whupped by a blood dragon (at level 19 I have 250 health and 400 armor yet this guy was tossing me around like a rag doll) and haven't had a chance to play since then. His level must have been pretty high because the other frost dragons I'd seen went down before my health was 1/3rd gone.

I just discovered pickpocketing and now I'm tempted to redo my character as a sneaky type. . .

So do I need to actually climb the mountain to get to the throat of the world? I'm trying to progress a bit in the actual main quest, but trying to find **** is just pissing me off.

Also, I've heard about the hangover quest, not exact details, but I am excited to see it when I get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I'm starting that hangover quest back up after doing many quests in Markath. However outside Rorikstead I got my *** whupped by a blood dragon (at level 19 I have 250 health and 400 armor yet this guy was tossing me around like a rag doll) and haven't had a chance to play since then. His level must have been pretty high because the other frost dragons I'd seen went down before my health was 1/3rd gone.

I just discovered pickpocketing and now I'm tempted to redo my character as a sneaky type. . .
    The first 3 dragons I faced were easy, but those blood dragons have upped the ante. I'm very happy they are much harder to fight now. I save constantly now, so I never have to back track much if I get killed. I have had some pretty tough boss fights too. I really need a magical item that gives me some protection against magic. Magic seems to be the only thing that kicks my ***.

Now really free Lance!

Finally found High Hrothgar...blargh.

One random creature that seems pretty tough at least at level 11 is the sabre tooth tigers.

Dang TJ I just found it too and was gonna write directions.

Seems like the key is to just follow the winding roads for forever because taking direct routes just gets you lost in the wilderness.

Ran into a camp of fire mages during my search and they downed me in like two seconds.

Get the spell Clairvoyance. It will show you the way.

Now really free Lance!

Get the spell Clairvoyance. It will show you the way.
    Tell me about it.

Anybody, know if there's a skeleton key in this game like there has been in past elder scrolls games that can pick any lock? Also, are there Daedric God quests? I haven't done much online research yet, so curious if anyone has bumped into either of those things. I'm sort of taking it slow with Skyrim right now, but will like jump in head first over Thanksgiving, just playing it at bits and pieces right now which is why I'm level 12.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I started one Daedric prince quest in Markoth...

Finished Revelations. It wasn't perfect, there was stuff I missed about Brotherhood, but stuff I liked more.

However, I'm really pissed that...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Finished Revelations. It wasn't perfect, there was stuff I missed about Brotherhood, but stuff I liked more.

However, I'm really pissed that...
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I'm not gonna read that spoiler, but you liked Brotherhood? What about it, I have the game but was having a hard time getting into it even though I loved the first two AC games.

Now really free Lance!

I'm not gonna read that spoiler, but you liked Brotherhood? What about it, I have the game but was having a hard time getting into it even though I loved the first two AC games.
    The story, first of all. Yeah, if you haven't played Brotherhood, you definitely don't want to read that spoiler.

As for gameplay, the mechanics were refined from II, especially fighting. What I miss in Revelations was Brotherhood was more open. Even the horse combat was fun. I don't think you once get on a horse in Revelations. Makes sense, because the city is so cramped there's hardly enough room to breathe. I'm sure that's how Constantinople really was, and it reminds me of Acre in the first game, but it gets really claustrophobic.

That said, once you climb with a hook blade, I don't think you can go back. And parachutes are integrated from the beginning. I was so mad that I neglected the DaVinci missions in Brotherhood and didn't get the parachute until after I'd beaten the game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super Mario 3D Land

Finally beat the regular version of the game, now on the Special World.

This game was definitely made with taking advantage of the 3D in mind. Lots of cool level designs and some nice retro elements. As someone who is acrophobic, some of the air levels (of which there are many) definitely create suspense in 3D. Some feel reminiscent of a roller coaster ride.

The "final" battle with Bowser gets the adrenaline flowing a bit.

The game isn't exceptionally difficult, moderate at best. Of course, I haven't gotten far into the Special World yet, so that may change.

Best 3DS game so far.

8.5/10

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: