Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2614

Thread: What Video game did you last play?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Video game did you last play?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you're not. To be fair, I only played through Patrol, so for the most part my impressions revolved around driving for what seemed like forever and running like I was in sand. I'll sit down with it this weekend and hopefully get more interested.
    To me, it's similar to Grand Theft Auto. The feel, the controls, the shooting, everything. The main difference is you get "punished" for plowing into other cars and injuring people, although from what I've seen you just get chastised at the end of a mission. I loved GTA, but the gameplay is not significantly different besides the time period and the stunning facial graphics, which are truly amazing. The detective stuff is neat, but I seem to suck at it and I spend the majority of my time investigating and usually grabbing objects that have no bearing on anything. It's neat, it's different, but hardly revolutionary. The story is cool, the setting is cool (although one can't help but to see the parallels between this game and the movie LA Confidential, right down to the Irish chief of police). It's neat, and worth playing, but for my money, Red Dead Redemption was vastly superior.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    To me, it's similar to Grand Theft Auto. The feel, the controls, the shooting, everything. The main difference is you get "punished" for plowing into other cars and injuring people, although from what I've seen you just get chastised at the end of a mission. I loved GTA, but the gameplay is not significantly different besides the time period and the stunning facial graphics, which are truly amazing. The detective stuff is neat, but I seem to suck at it and I spend the majority of my time investigating and usually grabbing objects that have no bearing on anything. It's neat, it's different, but hardly revolutionary. The story is cool, the setting is cool (although one can't help but to see the parallels between this game and the movie LA Confidential, right down to the Irish chief of police). It's neat, and worth playing, but for my money, Red Dead Redemption was vastly superior.
    RDR is amazing proably my favorite game. What i mean by revolutionary is this is the first game with no facial anamiations so it could start a new trend and i expect it to be in GTA 5.

any word on if they are making RD2 the ending made it seem like a sequel is a must.

I have heard they might make a movie
    http://screenrant.com/brad-pitt-red-...vie-rob-75489/
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think it is very fair to compare it to RDR though because it is probably one of the better games of all-time, imo. There are some issues in LAN, but what game doesn't have a few issues.

Maybe people were expecting too much out of this game, but I have found it to be great so far. Like you said, the plot and setting are awesome and it feels like you are watching a movie. The investigation and interrogating make the game unique.

I am only on disc 2, but so far I would give this game a 9/10.

Witcher 2... PC only. Get it guys. It is amazing. Game of the year probably, if not that it will surely be the RPG of the year.
    You need a good computer to see it in all it's glory, but it still looks fantastic at low settings. My incredibly OP computer struggles with it at the max settings.

It is definitely not for kids though! Lot's of F-Bombs and boobies everywhere.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still working on GTA: Liberty City Stories for PSP...
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Witcher 2... PC only. Get it guys. It is amazing. Game of the year probably, if not that it will surely be the RPG of the year.
    You need a good computer to see it in all it's glory, but it still looks fantastic at low settings. My incredibly OP computer struggles with it at the max settings.

It is definitely not for kids though! Lot's of F-Bombs and boobies everywhere.
    I've read some good stuff about it. Would you recommend playing the first one?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The first one is supposed to be really, really good as well. I know a couple people who played it and rave about it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I've read some good stuff about it. Would you recommend playing the first one?
    Yes indeed, the first one was released in 2007, but it still looks really good and is one of the best RPGs ever made. The second game is on a whole other level though.

You don't need to play the first to jump into the new one. It does have an option to import character info from the old game however.

I bought The Witcher 1 on steam for $5 a while back. It is always on sale cheap somewhere.

Just starting LA Noire.

For the record, you can fail (I just injured a suspect I wasn't supposed to), but of course you'll get a do-over to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Just starting LA Noire.

For the record, you can fail (I just injured a suspect I wasn't supposed to), but of course you'll get a do-over to try again.
    Right, but there's no real way to get a different story line than someone else.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Right, but there's no real way to get a different story line than someone else.
    that would be impposible to branch like that. I would like it though if u missed clues the case goes un solved . Some cases you chose between a few suspect and u charge which ever one u feel is gulity could be or u could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    that would be impposible to branch like that. I would like it though if u missed clues the case goes un solved . Some cases you chose between a few suspect and u charge which ever one u feel is gulity could be or u could be wrong.
    It would not be impossible. Gaming studios like Bioware already do it.

Mood

It would not be impossible. Gaming studios like Bioware already do it.
    Not if it changed everytime u guessed wrong that would be a **** ton of work.

Mood

The Quarter Moon Murders case it pretty tuff and my favorite case so far

Just got Star Wars the force unleashed 2, kind of late but after so many good reviews by my friends and stuff, I've gotta give it a try.

So SC2 fans, LiquidTLO decided to do a 24 hour stream marathon of him playing games to raise money for Doctors Without Borders and is donating his ad revenue from justin.tv to the charity. Every time I tune in or just check the viewer count its over 10,000 viewers and was over 20,000 for awhile too. He's just about to start hour 23 and has 15,000 viewers currently. He's running like 2 commercial breaks between each game and I think the revenue sharing is for every 1000 viewers he gets $2. He doesn't know how much he has raised yet, but its gonna be a good chunk of change, thats for sure.

If you want to tune in for the last hour heres the link:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid%60TLO
    Last edited by ilive4sports; 05-23-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Picked up LA Noire last night. My initial reaction is that it's the most grapically intense puzzle game of all time? Yes, I said puzzle game, because so far that's what it feels like. Not a bad thing, but I look forward to seeing a more well rounded game studio get their hands on the tech Rockstar used.

Ladies and gentleman, it's all but confirmed that vampirism and werewolves are returning in Skyrim. Oh joy!

And as you progress, you get tailored quests to how you play. Sounds awesome.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...olls-v-skyrim/
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Oblivion didn't have werewolves from what I remember. Not shocked that vampirism is back. It's a staple and I'm sure there will be a quest where you are infected.

Working on L.A. Noire right now

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Fable III for PC
    Loved the first one - not really impressed with this one so far - its way too linear - i feel like im just getting dragged along for the ride instead of playing a game...we'll see if things change...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Fable III for PC
    Loved the first one - not really impressed with this one so far - its way too linear - i feel like im just getting dragged along for the ride instead of playing a game...we'll see if things change...
    Fable 1 was good, but was seriously lacking and didn't come close to the expectations set up by Peter Molyneux.

The second was much like the first. A few things got better, but no boss battles sucked. Especially since there was no fight with the final boss. Oh dear gawd, I wanted to break that cd.

Peter Molyneux is a hype machine and has failed to deliver on each game. No way in hell am I going get the 3rd.

Bethesda and Bioware know how to make great games without trying to hype anything.

Now really free Lance!

Oblivion didn't have werewolves from what I remember. Not shocked that vampirism is back. It's a staple and I'm sure there will be a quest where you are infected.
    I thought both were absent from Oblivion. Hmmm, might not have cared about the vampirism. I just want to have a go at being a werewolf!

Now really free Lance!

Oh there wasn't definite vampirism. There was a whole optional quest line where you had to help find a cure and were infected yourself. It was actually kind of annoying, couldn't go out in the sun at all.

Being a werewolf sounds like it could be a lot less annoying and a nice change of pace especially since it would make since that you could keep it concealed.

RE: Fable
    I thought the first one was the best, even though Molyneux failed to live up to his huge expectations he set. Second one I couldn't play though, got tired of it baout 3 or 4 hours in. I won't touch the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Fable III for PC
    I watched my roommate play some of this and it just looked terrible.