Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser 2016

Mood

Default Biggest Loser 2016

I thought that I would start a new thread for the 2016 year to keep us going in the right direction. I am very thankful of all of the positivity we give each other and let's keep going in a positive direction.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Biggest Loser 2016

Hear, hear!

"Official" weigh-in for me today as I have a Dr. appointment today. After all that time through Thanksgiving and Christmas I finally splurged on New Year's and had a bit of a chow down which extended into the weekend, nothing too blasphemous but definitely some goodies (sweets) that i normally stay away from. So, I won't be as low as I had hoped going in. I weighed in at 274 last night after a bike ride, will be interesting to see what it will be this morning as my weight can fluctuate greatly from day to day. It's nothing for me to be 5 pounds lower or higher than the day before. We shall see.

Sports Logo

I am so frustrated with weight right now, I had a super busy summer, not last summer but the one before it and ended up eating fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner every day, gained a little weight but it put me over the top on the clogged arteries/high blood pressure arena.

So I completely changed my diet, I mean completely way more sweet potatoes, broccoli, fruits and veggies in general, way way way less fatty meat, less red meat overall, I hate seafood but I eat salmon now and I freaking gained weight, what the hell! I have not touched bacon in well over a year. My blood pressure went WAY down it clearly helped in that area but come on shouldn't I lose a pound or two.

Mood

Well crud, checked in right at 274. It's only the 2nd day back on the diet so I'll see where I am in a week.

Mood

I had the same happen to me. After the New Year's celebration I extended it a little bit through the weekend and when I weighed myself I was only down .8 of a pound. I gotta get me fat butt motivated enough to walk on the treadmill and lift weights consistently.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Posted in the old thread, was 284 pounds December 7th in there, been around 277-280 trying to work at it best as I can, holiday season is full of not so good food lol. Did get a Fit Bit for Christmas though and that is an extra motivator.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Well I had my first screw-up with the lap band. I was eating some steamed broccoli for lunch and got in a hurry and clogged up the band. It hurt like absolute hell and it came back up. Now I have to do 24 hours liquids and try again. Still hurts pretty good. I wouldn't have thought it would be the healthy foods that kicked my butt with this band.

Mood

Well, the wife thought it would be funny to bring home more broccoli from the Chinese restraunt. I stayed away from that stuff. I am going to start walking on the treadmill and lifting weights during the day when I am at home alone because there is less distractions.

Mood

I've been walking on the treadmill and lifting weights every other day for a week now. Tomorrow is my official weigh day so I am excited to see if there has been any progress. I have two weeks before I go back to the doctor. I think I need some more fluid still in the lap band. He said it might take 3-4 fills to get it right. I have had one so far.

Mood

Well, I weighed in at 336.0 pounds even this morning. I went to the doctor and got my second adjustment on my lap band and he said it should make a big difference. Back to clear liquids for48 hours then back to food again. I go back in 4 weeks and the plan is 8-10 pound loss.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Best of luck to everyone participating here!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

Dab

Mood

Well, Bacon is no good for me, came back up. Still at 336.0 haven't worked out since the adjustment. Sore a few days and screwed up and changed the plugs in my truck and leaned over on the port against my fender and now my abdomen is sore. Going to start back tomorrow and have a conservative goal of 334 for Sunday.

Mood

I don't exactly know how with the little that I have eaten, but I managed to gain 3 pounds. No Chinese food is safe, even something soft like mushroom chicken will not stay down. I am going back to day 9 of the plan. Soft foods like oatmeal and stuff like that. Gotta go with liquids only until tomorrow afternoon. I see the VA doctor tomorrow morning so that should be an adventure. Blood work and drug screen, then see the doc and another drug screen after the appointment. I guess they think I might do drugs between my labs and when I see the doc. Waste of money. The drive should be an adventure since my truck has been acting up also. Hoping the old beast makes it till Friday when I can finish the tune-up.

Mood

Well, I saw the doctor today. Been without diuretic for two weeks made me gain some weight back and medication change didn't help. No adjustment needed on the lap band today. Going to Disney World in 2 weeks with Make a Wish so hopefully that will go well.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posted in the old thread, was 284 pounds December 7th in there, been around 277-280 trying to work at it best as I can, holiday season is full of not so good food lol. Did get a Fit Bit for Christmas though and that is an extra motivator.
    Sorry haven't posted in a while but at around 255 pounds now...getting under 250 will be really awesome when I was almost 330 in June.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    Got back up to 307 near the end of April at which time I started the Bulletproof Plan, down to 272 now which is only 10 pounds more than what i weighed 3 years ago when I was "wasting away" (heh) and deathly ill in the hospital, but at that point I had lost a lot of muscle mass, which is not the case now for sure. Feeling pretty good, I'm finding it difficult to even go off the program. Tried to "cheat" the other night, ate some Kroger spicy boneless chicken wings and a half-pint of organic raspberries before I got full and gave up.
    For 3.5 years now I have been trying to get down below what I weighed in May of 2012, which was the lowest I had weighed since the mid-nineties. At that time I was suffering from a lymphoma that caused my spleen to enlarge to over twice its normal size and resulted in the removal of said spleen. I could not keep food down and eventually got down to 261 pounds before i started to recover. The great majority of that weight was muscle.

Finally, the 261 pound barrier has been breached! I had been going hardcore on the diet for several weeks, don't think I fell off even once, and I was shocked when the Kroger scale said I weighed 257, enough so that I went to the other side of town to a different Kroger to try their scale, which said 254. With the reliability of the Kroger scales in question, I utilized my Dentist's scale on Saturday, and weighed in at 259! Woo hoo! 2 more pounds and I'll be down an even 50 pounds since the end of last April, with a considerable amount of added muscle.
    Last edited by Dab; 03-21-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Mood

Congrats Dab,

I think my diet will take a hit this week down here at Disney for my Daughter's Make a Wish Trip. We will be doing a ton of walking but man do they feed you here in the village.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Dab

Mood

Thanks! I'm pretty excited, been looking forward to this for a long time. I can even sneak into my size 42 pants now, although they are a bit tight.

Good luck at Disney! Yeah, that's not going to be easy, just get through it and then back on the program

Mood

So I finally bought a bathroom scale. I'm over 50 years old and I've never owned a scale, always avoided them when possible, but the uncertainty with these Kroger scales is driving me nuts.

I went to Amazon, and ordered their best-selling scale, and it arrived a couple of days later.

I have to say, it's a beautiful scale. Even though I had looked at the picture on Amazon, in my mind's eye I was still picturing the old school bathroom scale with the dial, and this thing is like a work of art. It's basically just a clear square of glass, about 5/8 " thick, with mounts on the bottom and an LCD display.

Eagerly I stepped on for my first weigh-in. Gah! 277 pounds?!? Can the Kroger scales really be that inaccurate? Checking the owner's manual it says quite clearly to disregard the first weigh, as the scale will use that to auto-calibrate. Ahhhhh.

OK, step on again, 265 pounds. That's a lot better, but still higher than where I thought I was. I decided to use it as motivation rather than getting depressed.

The next morning I step on the scale and it says 261. Hey, now we're getting somewhere!

My weight stayed in that same general range (260 - 262) for the next several days, and then yesterday morning when I weighed myself it said 252! What the hell? Now I'm starting to wonder about the accuracy of this scale! Or maybe the Kroger scales are correct? Obviously there's some kind of water weight loss involved here, the question is this a temporary weight loss, or had I been retaining water and this is where it really is? Only time will tell, but this morning my reading was 251 pounds.

I did just start Creatine two days ago, but that seems a little quick to get results unless it flushed a bunch of water.
    Last edited by Dab; 04-03-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Just wanted to give kudos to you folks. Years back, I was around 260. Diet & exercise and COMMITMENT got me down to 180-ish - where I just felt .......... bleh. Finally leveled out around 195 or so and have pretty much held around that weight for quite a few years. Yeah - it's an ongoing thing -- you always have to say NO to that 2nd brat and have to walk by the person that brought donuts into work and say No Thanks (well - usually) - but it's certainly been worth it.

Best of luck in your efforts. Only down side is buying all new clothes.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Dab

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post

Best of luck in your efforts. Only down side is buying all new clothes.
    Thanks much!

And definitely a mixed bag on the new threads, I love getting new clothes, just not paying for them. I've come to rely on 1/2 price Saturday at the Goodwill to get through what is hopefully a transitional period, although I did score at a yard sale a couple of years ago where I invested in a batch of Polo-type shirts, all excellent condition and all good name brands, just all in XL which I didn't fit in at the time, but am reaping the rewards now!

Mood

Aieeee! Almost starting to get worried. If I didn't feel so good and wasn't putting on muscle at the same time I would wonder if I'm sick. Weighed in at 249.8 this morning after waking up, I don't have any idea of all when the last time was that I weighed under 250 pounds. Does creatine really work that fast? I'm not even taking that much, maybe 2.5 grams a day.

Mood

Wow, either I'm really in the dieting zone, or there's something wrong with me. 248.4 this morning. I have a Dr's appt at the end of April so we'll find out one way or the other.

Mood

Awesome job Dab. I have had a major derailment in my progress. At the Give Kids the World village where we stayed during my daughter's Make a Wish trip they had free meals and ice cream any time you wanted as much as you wanted. I was surprised when I got home I had actually dropped 2 pounds. During the trip I got sick and my daughter with CF got sick too and she is at Riley Hospital now with something called adenovirus. The first time I went to the doctor they told me I had acute bronchitis. I went back Sunday and they nose swabbed me and I have the flu, that adenovirus and severe bronchitis. I have been sick 2 weeks now. I may be going back to the doctor tomorrow because the breathing is not getting better. I fear that it is developing in to pneumonia. I attempted to go to school last night and they sent me home. I was surprised Sunday that even though I have been eating sparingly that I had gained 3 pounds from the first doctor visit. I am swollen with edema though.

Mood

Yow, hang in there man. Prayers to you and your daughter for healing.

I was just up at a SQL Server seminar in Madison WI over the weekend, and couldn't maintain the diet, had some late night goodies Friday night and then was buying junk on the long drive home. I was able to resist the urge to buy those cream-filled caramels at the convenience store and opted to get some muscle milk to curb my sweet cravings, but was noshing on pretzels and other suspect convenience store food. I was really surprised this morning when the scale said 251.4 but I'm expecting it to be higher tomorrow due to water retention.

Hey if you have the tub for it I would do an epsom salt bath, should help with the edema a little bit. My tub at home is really too small for a good soak, but when I was up in Madison Friday night the tub in the hotel was huge so I ran down and bought some bath salts and had a nice soak, felt great afterwards and the next day too. Great way to get magnesium into your system which will reduce swelling.