Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donyell Marshall is a jerk

Default Donyell Marshall is a jerk

Was traveling to Boston this week via Continental Airlines through Cleveland International Airport and low and behold this large man is walking @ my side on the phone... it was Donyell Marshall. Just for the heck of it, I ask him why he didn't come to Indianapolis. Well what a jerk. He said "I'm not sure why anyone would want to live in a place like Indianapolis, but you'll have to contact the Indiana Pacers and ask them..." and then proceeded to start a phone conversation and walk away.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the word "prick" but if I'm not, I apologize to you all.
    What a prick.

Default Re: Donyell Marshall is a jerk

Hahaha...is cleveland better?.

Jeff Foster

Donyell Marshall, wow...who cares. The guy is ugly as crap and washed up plus he's a fat ***. Brian is right on this. Hope he has fun in Cleveland.

Wow! Cleveland better than Indianapolis!?!?

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess it's because the Pacers didn't want to sign him?
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting for someone who said they didn't mind living in Utah.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

He was probably being a jerk because you tried to talk to him while he was on the phone. And again - "why didn't you come to Indiana" sounds like you were saying it was his fault. Honestly, if a stranger questioned my life decisions while I'm trying to call someone in the airport, I wouldn't have been as nice as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was probably being a jerk because you tried to talk to him while he was on the phone. And again - "why didn't you come to Indiana" sounds like you were saying it was his fault. Honestly, if a stranger questioned my life decisions while I'm trying to call someone in the airport, I wouldn't have been as nice as he was.
    Agreed. you were being a pest

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    Agreed. you were being a pest
    Wow, a Piston fan calling someone else a pest...Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    Wow, a Piston fan calling someone else a pest...Go figure.

I have no idea what your post means. Does it mean ALL piston fans are pests? Would every piston fan go up and bug somebody in the airport? please expand on the meaning of this witty comment. I'm very curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    I have no idea what your post means. Does it mean ALL piston fans are pests? Would every piston fan go up and bug somebody in the airport? please expand on the meaning of this witty comment. I'm very curious.

Just some of the ones that come to this forum. Don't read too much into it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been a Pacer fan since their first game in the ABA, and a member of the forum for several years now. It doesn't matter what your affiliation is or your longetivity on the forum.

And I would agree with the folks above. You were being rude and also presented your question in an antagonizing manner. Under such circumstances, what kind of response did you think you would get?

Oh, and I would welcome Marshall as a member of the Pacers. I think his skills could be used here.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    He could have come up with a better line than that.
    I'm thinking Dirty Dozen:

"General": Where you from soldier?

Private: Indianapolis, sir!

"General": Indianapolis? ... Never heard of it.

Private: *sob*

Sorry 31, but I would have to agree with everyone the way Marshall was questioned may have had something to do with it. However, if he randomly just blurts out something stupid about Indiana on his own I'll be glad to kick his @ss.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Hear-hear. Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "indiana31 is a jerk."

You asked him an *******-ish question while he was on the phone. What do you expect? You're lucky he didn't punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    You asked him an *******-ish question while he was on the phone. What do you expect? You're lucky he didn't punch you in the face.

Or unlucky...im sure he wouldnt mind getting some of that new contract money of Donyells.

I agree with LA

Pimping31

Hey they were both jerks in this scenairo Marshall could have just said nicely for him to leave him alone and indiana31 should have never pested him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Hear-hear. Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "indiana31 is a jerk."
    Wow, this thread kinda blew up in your face . . .J/K

It may not have been the most respectful reaction in the world, but it also wasn't the most respectful way to start a conversation with a person either.

Hope he enjoys the beautiful weather in Cleavland! Way to go Donyell

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I sure wouldnt want to have people second guess my new home a few months after I made the decision....

If there's anything I've learned about pro athletes, they don't like being bothered at the airport. Most of them have family to look after or buisness to take care of, and that's the last place they want to deal with fans.

Once flying home from NY I saw Bill Laimbeer waiting for the same flight as me. Some people told me to go say hi to him, but I'm told them the guy was obviously with his family, he was on the phone, we were all waiting for a flight that was very late to begin with, the last thing he wants is for some jerk fan to interrupt him, like he has no other worries or something.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

God, somebody call the whaaaambulance.
    Lighten up people. He's a jerk for having his decisions in life being questioned by a complete stranger? Please.

He wasn't on the phone when I asked him. He was walking right to my left. I don't know, I don't think I was being antagonistic, the way I said it I was trying to infer that it would have been nice to have him here. You might have me on this argument, but I don't think he took it as being antagonizing...

As far as him being a pro athelete and not wanting to be approached... You know, I'm a physician and I have people in the hospital I work in approach me and ask me for unsolicited advice and I don't mind it one bit. In fact I'll be at the airport on the phone talking to my nurse about a patient and have someone sitting next to me realize I'm a doctor ask me about the mole growing off their nose. Its not that big a deal. Being an athelete, I think the guy should know what goes with the territory. Being a complete *** isn't the way I think one should represent themselves. He's not super human, he's a regular person just like anyone else, isn't he? And don't any of you nay-sayers ever make conversation with strangers just for the sake of it? Hell the guy should be flattered that someone like me even knows who the heck he is. I've seen Grant Hill in the airport before and witnessed him being approached by fans... it was a pretty gracious response they way he answered back. Classy, to say the least.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by indiana31
    He said "I'm not sure why anyone would want to live in a place like Indianapolis, but you'll have to contact the Indiana Pacers and ask them..." and then proceeded to start a phone conversation and walk away.
    What a prick.