Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Extra! Get your inflammatory Dale quotes here!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Extra Extra! Get your inflammatory Dale quotes here!

Someone was going to find this eventually, so I may as well post it...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/...D07-306359.htm

AUBURN HILLS -- School is nearly in for the Pistons, and the first few lessons were dispensed Tuesday.

First: President Joe Dumars doesn't feel pressure to do something big in the offseason. His style is to look for value, find the right pieces, and stay low-key.

Second: When Rasheed Wallace issues a command, others had better listen -- or suffer the consequences.

The Pistons formally introduced new players Dale Davis and Maurice Evans, both free-agent signees within the past two weeks. Davis, a big forward / center, signed a two-year, $7 million contract. Evans, a swingman, agreed to an offer sheet of $1.5 million a season for three years.

Davis admitted that Wallace had a lot to do with his decision to join the Pistons. He seriously considered signing with the Pistons late last season but went with the Pacers for more playing time and visibility to jump-start his career.

"He told me, 'You either roll with us, or get rolled on,'" Davis said, laughing. "I guess I learned my lesson, I'd better listen to Rasheed. Hard not to, with as much as he talks."

Davis, who was starting for the Pacers, said he is content at age 36 to be part of the Pistons' bench.

Evans, who turns 27 in November, said this opportunity to play for the Pistons could be his big shot to prove himself. He has bounced between the NBA and Europe, finally catching on with the Kings last season.

Evans knows Coach Flip Saunders and Chauncey Billups from having played on the Timberwolves in 2001, when both were part of the team. He counts Billups as a mentor, having stayed in touch with him through the years.

"I think (Dumars) hand-picks every guy that is on this team; he has a great eye for talent for guys that others miss," Evans said. "I fit that mold -- I'm talented, but I've gotten passed up, I didn't get drafted, yeah, I played in Europe, all of those things. But think I can fit in and make a contribution. You have to (have) a lot of self-confidence and work ethic to persevere."

Dumars said the additions of an experienced pro in Davis and an athletic, defense-minded swingman in Evans are precisely what he wanted.

He was asked about Eastern Conference teams, such as the Heat, reloading their rosters with bigger names while some question whether the Pistons have kept up the pace.

"We feel good about the guys we got," Dumars said. "I'm not so much really interested in how to make splashes in August and September. I'm more concerned with the fit and how it will help us long-term.

"We've never been into the flash and the splash and sizzle stuff. I'll leave that to other people. I want substance. That's what I am looking for. Eventually, I think people will catch on that that's what I am up to."

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Extra Extra! Get your inflammatory Dale quotes here!

Eh. I've said worse.

And if Sheed knew what he was talking about he would have said, "You roll with the Spurs or you get rolled on".
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh. I've said worse.

And if Sheed knew what he was talking about he would have said, "You roll with the Spurs or you get rolled on".

Oh, just about anything Dale says now gets twisted and villified here. Personally, I thought this was one of his more backhanded comments....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

^^^

See this is what I dont like about you..If someone says something that you believe to be "negative" about the pistons you get up in arms.

But you'll try to throw flames on the fire if its something negative about the pacers.

I guess I just dont understand.

And anyways...he didnt say anything that I would say is "backhanded".

Looks like you wanna make something out of nothing.

Yeah, I just looooove to fan the flames.....

This coming from a guy who has an infatuation with John Greene.

I just figured it would diffuse it more if I posted it, but oh well. The last few things Dale (or his agent) said he's been ripped for. I figured this was one of his worse ones.

Perhaps you missed the thread title? Clearly, I wasn't looking to start a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

I just figured it would diffuse it more if I posted it, but oh well. The last few things Dale (or his agent) said he's been ripped for. I figured this was one of his worse ones.

Perhaps you missed the thread title? Clearly, I wasn't looking to start a fight.

Check any of my posts..have I ever said anything about John Greene?.
    And even if I did,what does that have to do with what I said?.Dont try to shift this back on me.

And maybe you werent looking to start a fight when you made the topic,But then replying to someones post by saying "Oh, just about anything Dale says now gets twisted and villified here. Personally, I thought this was one of his more backhanded comments...."

What do you think thats going to do??...People are gonna get mad by you saying that everything that Dale says is "villified"...and "twisted" here at PD.

Cleary,You knew what you were doing.

What do you think thats going to do??...People are gonna get mad by you saying that everything that Dale says is "villified"...and "twisted" here at PD.
    Personally, I'd rather people get mad at me than Dale. That'd be fine with me, not that it was my intention.

I also go as far to say that most of what dale or dale's agent says gets villified on PD. Maybe not twisted, but definately villified.

Damn you kstat..as soon as I think im gonna go over the edge and really go off,you reply with something that is actually decent.

STOP BEING SO PC.

lol

RamyBaller1

I'm with you Brian. So what if you have a picture of John Greene? He's the idiot who ruined our season and class is something Detroit fans lack.

Sorry, but I think this is funny. What am I talking about? Just that every time we have a new influx of fans they get into it with KStat.

I would say poor KStat, but he can look after himself. (grin)

Isn't that tampering?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Sorry, but I think this is funny. What am I talking about? Just that every time we have a new influx of fans they get into it with KStat.

I would say poor KStat, but he can look after himself. (grin)

Its also clear he enjoys it so it takes a really high level of bias against the side of the argument where I reside, before I think about feeling bad or jumping in. (Though appearantly, any little bit of meta-commentary on the general issue will get me to post. =P )

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dale sucks. That is all I have to say.

Davis, who was starting for the Pacers, said he is content at age 36 to be part of the Pistons' bench.
    I'm going to go with "Dale is an lazy, old moneygrubber"..........

Who is Dale Davis?

Zesty

Surely not the same Dale Davis who used to play for us. That Dale Davis is dead to me.

Aw, c'mon, you know you love it.

IndyToad
    No way, that apple's already been eaten

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by RamyBaller1
    I'm with you Brian. So what if you have a picture of John Greene? He's the idiot who ruined our season and class is something Detroit fans lack.
    The tone...the smell...could it be...?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    The tone...the smell...could it be...?
    Yes.

Can't we just move along please?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

As the old lady from Ace Ventura would say...(Ray Finkle's mom)

"Dale Davis can die of ghonnorea and burn in hell".

Not really though.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by RamyBaller1
    He's the idiot who ruined our season and class is something Detroit fans lack.
    This put him out there, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Can't we just move along please?
    Agreed. That's how he lives his life, people.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Naptown Seth

Eh....I always liked Antonio better anyways.

Well, this season will speak volumes. We shall see who is the roller and who the rollee.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.