Thread: Bloodshed tonight at the Fieldhouse

Default Bloodshed tonight at the Fieldhouse

Considering I've seen people get into knockdown, dragout fights over $3 T-shirts, I'm really dreading this.

Pacers Giftcard Makes Debut During Kings Game

Indiana Pacers News Release
    Indianapolis, March 18, 2004
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Simon Property Group and the Indiana Pacers are charting new territory by forming one of the nation’s first partnerships in professional sports to market co-branded affinity gift cards, in response to gift card products’ mounting popularity throughout the country.
    The Pacers Giftcard will offer Pacers fans a new way to show their team loyalty, while enjoying the various benefits of the gift cards themselves. The Pacers Giftcard, which will make its debut during the third quarter break of the March 19 home game against the Sacramento Kings, will be sold at the Simon Marketplace at all of Simon’s Indianapolis malls – Castleton Square, Circle Centre, The Fashion Mall at Keystone, Greenwood Park, Lafayette Square and Washington Square.

The Pacers Giftcard will be introduced with great fanfare as Pacers mascots Boomer and Bowser officiate over Operation Giftcard Drop, Conseco Fieldhouse’s first-ever parachute drop, showering lucky fans with free Pacers Giftcards ranging in value from $25 to $500.

“This is an innovative new way to keep the Pacers’ name out in the public eye and provide our loyal fans with another way to show their support,” said Donnie Walsh, Chief Executive Officer and President of Pacers Sports & Entertainment. “We are thrilled that Simon selected the Indiana Pacers as one of the first professional sports teams in the country to offer this entirely new gift card product,” he added.

“We are proud to be displaying our own ‘Pacers Pride’ by partnering with our hometown team which is also one of the most prominent franchises in the NBA,” said Stewart Stockdale, Chief Marketing Officer of Simon Property Group and President of Simon Brand Ventures. “The Pacers have an incredibly loyal fan base and we expect the Pacers Giftcard to be extremely popular.”

Fans purchasing the Pacers Giftcard will also be supporting area youth. A portion of the card’s handling fee will be donated to The Pacers Foundation and the Simon Youth Foundation.

The Simon Giftcard is a Visa prepaid card that can be used at Simon shopping centers nationwide and anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The Simon Giftcard is already the largest Visa gift card program in the country.
    I love how Donnie acts like it's a big deal that we're "one of the first". Uh, last time I checked, the Simons OWNED THE FREAKIN' TEAM!!!! I'm thinking we should be THE first.

Btw, my sister said when she heard the name, the first thing she thought of was the great WKRP Turkey Drop.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: Bloodshed tonight at the Fieldhouse

A bunch of cards worth at least 25 bucks being dropped into a mass of fans? I would not want to be in that. Guarunteed that at least 1,000 people are gonna get hit needlessly.