This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming soon to Colts Digest.

On The Record: Worlds Best Dad

vs.
    Very nice.

Default Re: Colts equivalent to Pacers Digest

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    That is a nice idea; I don't know that it's possible, but I could at least look into it.
    Yeah like a redirect site would be nice I think Colts Digest is taken but horseshoedigest.com is available

Why Not Us ?

Where is Colts Digest taken?

Colts Digest is owned by able according to the above info.....

This board has a chance if we get some dedicated recruiters. PD doesn't need that anymore, but in the early days I did recruit on IS, ESPN, and RealGM. Basically go to any half-way decent Colts board infested with trolls, jerks, and idiots, and invite the good people to give us a shot.
    Hicks, I debated whether or not to post this because it's just my opinion and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but......

You have done a wonderful job in getting PD to be the best Pacer site on the net. In a way I think it would cheapen what you have created by going to some of these sites (Coltpower, Cranky, Crew or others) to take away their membership just to increase the numbers here. Take what I say with a grain of salt please, but it's weird when someone comes on your site to get people to check out their Pacer board I think its kinda of low.

P.S. Ignore everything I said.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Where is Colts Digest taken?
    On Register.Com it shows someone has bought the domain.. although it appears thye have not created anything.....

Why Not Us ?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I wish I could find a Colts equivalent of PD, I think it's still extremely cool to have a Colts board here for the handful of us who do love the Colts/NFL. I mean, it may not have 1,000 members itself (the Colts board), but this is a Pacers message board after all. I wouldn't expect a place that's known for great NBA discusson to be a great NFL board as well. Most of the time it's plenty to do one thing well; to try to do another often stretches your resources or ends up decreasing the quality of both.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Hicks, I debated whether or not to post this because it's just my opinion and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but......

You have done a wonderful job in getting PD to be the best Pacer site on the net. In a way I think it would cheapen what you have created by going to some of these sites (Coltpower, Cranky, Crew or others) to take away their membership just to increase the numbers here. Take what I say with a grain of salt please, but it's weird when someone comes on your site to get people to check out their Pacer board I think its kinda of low.

P.S. Ignore everything I said.
    My goal isn't "just to increase the numbers here". I'm happy with PD. But it sounds like there is no "it" site for Colts fans to talk about the team, and we could provide that. We have the host, the admins, the forum, but we'd need to recruit to get the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    On Register.Com it shows someone has bought the domain.. although it appears thye have not created anything.....
    You really need to learn to read the threads. Able is the one who bought it.

A busy Colts forum would be hard for us to tackle, but I know btown would be a leader there, and we could "hire" some moderators for just the Colts board if necessary; that's very do-able.

A busy Colts forum would be hard for us to tackle, but I know btown would be a leader there,
    Sounds like a good start...
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Wow! Looks like my little inquiry has started the cogs turning. I am open to any of the above suggestions (i.e. a separate domain, new colors/themes, Colt moderators). Again, my goal (and I believe the goal of most who have chimed in) is to have a stable, controlled place to discuss (and sometimes debate) the Colts. Keep the good ideas flowing!

Kind of like Field of Dreams stuff going on here. Maybe by next year PD's step child will be on it's way. I've got a few things I might be able to contribute on (story wise) not admin stuff next year.

You really need to learn to read the threads. Able is the one who bought it.
    Lol Darn that is my ADHD for you.....I have to skim as well when I am at work..

thanks

Why Not Us ?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Well, looky here:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....oltsdigest.com

I think, regardless of the fact that this is a sub-board, if we simply rebranded it, we could get a lot more attention, even from current members.

Possibly stupid question. Is there any way that, while keeping Pacers Digest the same, have an if/than structure where, if somebody went to www.coltsdigest.com, than the same board is loaded, except with a different graphics/color scheme, and maybe even the Colts board listed first choice? That would be really cool, but something tells me not possible.
    This isn't complicated at all, except for the color scheme/logo issue. Just ask Able to park "colts digest" at the colts forum, not the forum menu.

You're likely to see the PD logo at the top still, until someone hacks the code so that it changes depending on what forum you're in.

Since this will eventually get buried I figure what the heck. So here are my final observations of camp.

Manning maybe the General for the offense, but Jeff Saturday is the grunt who does all the dirty work. As I posted before, Saturday would always stop and sign autographs for fans and whoever was with him whether they wanted to or not. Let's just say while his co-horts would try to dodge people and tell Mr. Saturday "oh, come on Jeff not today". He would say " Pull the cart over, stop your whinning, we're all signing today". They do what Saturday says. Not only does he have Manning's back, but he has the fan's back as well. Spends most of his free time buying CDs and should be nominated for Father of the Year probably.

Hey, once again Marvin Harrison was the 1st person to leave the campus upon completion of the camp. Everyone else had their vehicle parked in a lot, but Marvin actually had his parked in a roadway before practice so when he finished with his two minute shower he could be gone.

Got the impression Edge knew this was the last time he'll see Terre Haute. Snuck away in a silver Beemer with a casual wave.

Here's a blast from the past....Didn't see it this year, but James Mungro did this often last year. While the guy is stocky he's still short and most people do not recognize him. He would sneak into groups of fans after practices and pretend to be waiting to get autographs. Of course this was only partially his mission which was to have fun and more importantly meet women.

Speaking of women, next camp or game you attend watch for the hand signs or the dropping off or picking up telephone number trick from the player's helmet. Shhh, a certain player that kicks the ball has perfected this into a fine art.

Couldn't figure this one out. Saw this guy receive a request only one time for an autograph from fans and was very humble about it. Coach Pete Metzelars, who played 10 years in the NFL and one of the handfull of staff/players who have actually been to the Super Bowl.

Finally, spent 4 weeks as Manning's bodyguard. It was interesting.

Yeah truth be told Saturday is really one of the most valuable players on the entire team. Class Act....I hope we ensure to keep him around and let him retire a COLT

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This isn't complicated at all, except for the color scheme/logo issue. Just ask Able to park "colts digest" at the colts forum, not the forum menu.

You're likely to see the PD logo at the top still, until someone hacks the code so that it changes depending on what forum you're in.
    Good point; that just leaves seeing if we could make the Colts board always use the Colts template.

A busy Colts forum would be hard for us to tackle, but I know btown would be a leader there, and we could "hire" some moderators for just the Colts board if necessary; that's very do-able.
    I would certainly love to moderate that if you needed someone. I mean, I already tell btown what to do every night....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I would certainly love to moderate that if you needed someone. I mean, I already tell btown what to do every night....

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I mean, I already tell btown what to do every night....
    That's not really a ringing endorsement...

*Throws a hat and a book of cliches into the ring*
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    That's not really a ringing endorsement...

*Throws a hat and a book of cliches into the ring*

But you see, I don't tell him directly. I pass it through my secretary....

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Funniest site at camp this year. An assistant coach for one of the local high schools (the Terre Haute North Patriots) had a VIP pass to get onto the field and locker room area. This guy was wearing his TH North Patriot hat which has features almost a perfect match for a New England Patriots hat. Anyway he's standing near the players entrance as the guys are coming out for practice. A couple of lineman walk past as the guy enters the side door and this is what happened. "Man, did you see that? Yeah, can you believe that *****? I can't believe that guy could be that much of an a$$hole." ME "Guys before you decide to kill him just wanted to let you know he was wearing a hat for one of the local high schools. It blows but their emblem is a Patriot". Lineman "Ok, that's cool, good, now I don't have to get in the guys' @ss".

"Get in the guy's ***"? Sounds um, well, not how a football player probably wants to sound...

"Get in the guy's ***"? Sounds um, well, not how a football player probably wants to sound...
    You are a sick man Hicks.

I was glad at least they had the passion that something like that would tick them off.