Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colts equivalent to Pacers Digest

Default Colts equivalent to Pacers Digest

I have been lurking on Pacers Digest from literally the beginning when Hicks rang the bell on the RATS board. I sadly spend lots of hours a week on here reading about my co-favorite team. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a similar board for the Colts that has the same level of knowledge, depth, patience and strong moderator influence (i.e. no flame wars and belittling comments) as PD. I have seen references to Colts Power (http://colts.scout.com/). Is that the Colts board I have been looking for? Anybody have experience with that board willing to comment? Are there other Colts boards out there with a similar feel as PD?

Gracious in advance!

Default Re: Colts equivalent to Pacers Digest

BTW, this is not to bash the nascent attempt of the Colts sub-board on PD to take off. I would be perfectly happy to get my Colts and Pacers coverage on one board, but it seems like the Colts sub threads do not get a lot of action. (other than btowncolt - *wink*)

Well here is a couple. There is a colts forum on the colts.com site that is pretty informative and not too bad. Coltsfreaks is soso, a lot more unintelligent comments there. The colts.com forum though is good

forum.colts.com
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Speaking of colts, I know this is offtopic, but is there a place to listen to them online?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I too have never found an online Colts forum that suited me. I lurk at Indystar and Coltfreaks, but very rarely post. I wish our Colts forum could take off, but alas, it seems destined to dwell in the shadows.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I wonder why this forum doesn't take off, there are many Pacer fans here who are also Colts fan.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Most of the colts forums just aren't that great. Pacer forums are the same way, this one happens to be the best though

The one problem I have with this Colts forum is that you can't even half-heartedly speak the word "bandwagon" without being stabbed by a million red hot daggers.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one problem I have with this Colts forum is that you can't even half-heartedly speak the word "bandwagon" without being stabbed by a million red hot daggers.
    We ride together, baby!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This board has a chance if we get some dedicated recruiters. PD doesn't need that anymore, but in the early days I did recruit on IS, ESPN, and RealGM. Basically go to any half-way decent Colts board infested with trolls, jerks, and idiots, and invite the good people to give us a shot. If we can get more than a handful to try us out, it would probably work. I can even make a colts template for the boards; Colts banner, Colts colors. So the people that are here mainly for the Colts can use that template instead of the Pacers template or the default template.

That would be pretty fun. I would love for this colts board to become more active.

Well, looky here:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....oltsdigest.com

Registrant:
    Moordata Ltd t.a. Able Towers
    2 Brickett Close
    Ruislip, Middlesex HA47YE
    GB

Domain name: COLTSDIGEST.COM

Administrative Contact:
    wisman, abel ****@able-towers.com
    2 Brickett Close
    GB
    +44.1895635413
    Technical Contact:
    wisman, abel ****@able-towers.com
    2 Brickett Close
    GB
    +44.1895635413

Registration Service Provider:
    ABLE TOWERS, *****@able-towers.com
    +44 1923820619
    http://www.url.org
    This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
    DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 12-Feb-2005.
    Record expires on 27-Dec-2005.
    Record created on 27-Dec-2004.

Domain servers in listed order:
    UK1.ABLE-TOWERS.COM 213.52.169.150
    UK2.ABLE-TOWERS.COM 213.52.169.160

Domain status: ACTIVE
    I think, regardless of the fact that this is a sub-board, if we simply rebranded it, we could get a lot more attention, even from current members.

Possibly stupid question. Is there any way that, while keeping Pacers Digest the same, have an if/than structure where, if somebody went to www.coltsdigest.com, than the same board is loaded, except with a different graphics/color scheme, and maybe even the Colts board listed first choice? That would be really cool, but something tells me not possible.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

www.crankycolts.com is where I post. There are alot of guys and girls that used to post at coltpower before Ed (coltpower founder) kinda cracked down on some of their comments and when he switched it to the scouts.com side, alot of people jumped ship to crankycolts. It could definitely use alot more action though. Don't be skeered.

I personnally can't stand the new coltpower format so that's why I post at crankycolts.com. I used to post at RATS, but we all know how that went.

Sometimes I get more information here than I do anywhere else.

That would be an interesting idea. Route coltsdigest.com to this colts board, which would still be part of PD...

We could make that board great as well. Just keep the same sensibilty of this board and clone Hicks. We already have and in house expert in Btown.

Surely you jest about btown. It's only a matter of time before he is fully integrated into the Washington DC mentality - thus becoming a Washington Redskin fan.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt

Since the Colts will score more points and win more games by Week 4 than the Redskins will score and win all year, I don't anticipate that being a problem.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Don't the Redskins serve as a sort of adjunct pit crew for Tony Stewert? I know Joe Gibbs really doesn't seem to realize it's not 1986 anymore.

Poor poor Redskins....until Snyder goes, they go nowhere...

Yeah although they are alot of posters at RATS Colts forum most are unhappy with all the Boston Trolls if you really promote this site as the alternative to the Star forum I think just like Pacers Digest alot of people would eventually jump ship and find their way over here.......

Why Not Us ?

In the past week I have seen the Colts traffic here jump considerably. Lets keep it up. Just as long as i dont have to suffer any Manning v. Brady threads.

Quote Originally Posted by BluBlood
    Just as long as i dont have to suffer any Manning v. Brady threads.
    Coming soon to Colts Digest.

On The Record: Worlds Best Dad

vs.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I like the template idea for this board, if it doesn't take much time.
    I could play around with it when I have some free time; I'd need someone with graphics skills to make a banner that's about the size of the one at the top, and that blends with the background colors (so I need to make that part first).

I may be wrong, but I don't think I can have it apply to just this forum, so you'd have to choose between one or the other for the whole site unless I'm wrong, but it's a step in the right direction.

Coltpower, Cranky Colts, Blue Crew are all really fervent fan sites. Seems before they were all interchangable somewhat with their memberships but now it appears they have all splintered into different groups (or I could be totally wrong). Alot of good folks there and maybe they are going through the same adjustments PD and RATS did.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Well, looky here:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....oltsdigest.com

I think, regardless of the fact that this is a sub-board, if we simply rebranded it, we could get a lot more attention, even from current members.

Possibly stupid question. Is there any way that, while keeping Pacers Digest the same, have an if/than structure where, if somebody went to www.coltsdigest.com, than the same board is loaded, except with a different graphics/color scheme, and maybe even the Colts board listed first choice? That would be really cool, but something tells me not possible.
    That is a nice idea; I don't know that it's possible, but I could at least look into it.