Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jonathan Bender needs our help!

Default Re: Jonathan Bender needs our help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody is making light of New Orleans, and it'd probably be best if you didnt try to tell people here where their perspectives are. A lot of people here have donated and are continuing to donate to the relief effort. Get off your soap box.
    You respond to your perceived soapbox with telling him what to do.

I don't have the time to meticulously pick out the on topic posts, so I'm moving the entire derailed thread to the shout box. If another admin has the time, feel free to move the few legit posts for this topic back to Pacers.

Pacesetter

Thanks for preparing this ordeal JB. I find nothing more rewarding than being able to help out. Everyone working together to help each other out feels good. Thanks JB, Picayune ought to be very proud of you!!

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Jon Bender walks into a Doctors office witha frog on his head. The Doctor asks, what's the matter with you? The frog replies "I don't know, it started out as a wart on my @ss".

Free Btown!!!!!!!

I post this while thinking of the Friends episode where Chandler makes a New Year's resolution not to make fun of anyone. Let's see if anyone here can hold out longer than he did...........

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

KStat, I mentioned that I don't care if people crack Bender jokes, I do myself. But, in a thread that is discussing the severe problems that a player is trying to help alleviate, we should not insult that player. Rather, we should say, "Wow, what a great guy," not some smart-alek remark.

I apologize for preaching like I did, it's not my place to tell people what to do, I know that. I was merely expressing my opinion in the same way you did when to told me to get off my soapbox. I feel, however, that in a thread with such a serious topic, seriousness and respect should be shown. Not insults to the man doing what he can to help.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    The Internet.

Serious Business.
    For real, I got stabbed on the net once.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There were Bender jokes early on in the thread.

But, back to the topic because I don't feel it's necessary to discuss the Bender jokes any longer. Sorry for the disruption, you may now return to the regularly scheduled thread.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Looks like you did a fine job calming up........

Follow-up article from Indystar.com

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1062/NLETTER01

September 8, 2005

Pacers' Bender leads drive for relief

Related news from the Web
    Latest headlines by topic:
    Sports
    Indiana Pacers
    NBA