Thread: Practice Squad announced(updated)

Default Practice Squad announced(updated)

Colts Practice Squad
    QB Tom Arth
    WR Montiese Culton
    G Trevor Hutton
    DB Brandon Lynch
    WR John Standeford

Released
    DT Jason Stewart
    DT Lynn McGruder

Claimed off Waivers
    LB Keith O'Neil (Dallas)

The Colts signed five players to their practice squad, including two players who had been let go in the first round of cuts. They also released two players to make room for the signing of former Titans LB Rocky Calmus and former Cowboys LB Keith O'Neill.

Quarterback Tom Arth, who has worked behind the scenes for the Colts for the past two seasons, finally gets his well-deserved opportunity to work with the team as their third-string quarterback. The John Carroll University star has been learning the offense, breaking down film and assisting Peyton Manning while awaiting his opportunity to show his talent in the NFL.

Wide receiver Montiese Culton and defensive back Brandon Lynch were the most surprising additions to the practice squad since they were both cut in the first round, not this past weekend's final cuts.

WR John Standeford and G Trevor Hutton were not huge surprises as both of them developed nicely through the Colts practice squad last year. Hutton also played in NFL Europe this offseason along with Arth.

To make room for the addition of two new linebackers, the Colts trimmed defensive tackles Jason Stewart and recently-signed Lynn McGruder. However, since the Colts still have room for three more players on the practice squad, it's likely that they will both land there as long as they clear waivers.

They picked up another LB

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Practice Squad announced

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought practice squads could be 8 players now......
    Yes you are right I just added the second part of the post they are probably going to add a few players that they released as well, pending they clear wiavers...
    I am glad to see Standeford Made it....

I worked with his Aunt awhile back,, he is really a nice guy besides being a good talent....

Evidenlty this Keith O Neil is a very good special teams player so more than likely that is where he will be playing...

Why Not Us ?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is it just me or do the Colts seem to be much more active right now than in previous years at this time? ..and I'm not just referring to the Simon deal. They've traded with a division rival and are claiming people off waivers for the active roster.

Or perhaps I'm just becoming senile.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The injury situation probably hadn nothing to do with Simon, but some of the other moves possibly did.

Default Re: Practice Squad announced(updated)

By John Oehser - Colts.com

Colts Claim O'Neil, Sign Seven to Practice Squad
    INDIANAPOLIS - With the regular-season opener nearing, the Colts on Monday continued shaping and re-shaping their 53-man roster.

They also announced seven members of the practice squad.

Two days after releasing 16 players and trading for middle linebacker help,
    the Colts announced the waiving of two more players on Monday - defensive tackles Lynn McGruder and Jason Stewart - and also claimed linebacker Keith O'Neil off waivers from the Dallas Cowboys.

O'Neil (6-feet-0, 235 pounds), a three-year NFL veteran from Northern Arizona, played in 31 games over the last two seasons for Dallas. According to NFL.com, he had 28 tackles - including 24 solo during that span.

The Colts on Saturday traded an undisclosed draft selection to the Tennessee Titans for veteran middle linebacker Rocky Calmus.

McGruder was claimed off waivers from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week and Stewart who originally signed with the Colts in May of 2003 and spent much of last season on the team's practice squad spent training camp with the Colts this season.

The seven players signed to the practice squad were:

Quarterback Tom Arth, wide receiver Montiese Culton, offensive guard Trevor Hutton, defensive back Brandon Lynch, wide receiver John Standeford, defensive end Gabe Nyenhuis and offensive tackle Bo Lacy.

Five practice-squad players -- Arth, Culton, Hutton, Lynch and Standeford -- were in training camp with the Colts this season.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3024

Why Not Us ?