Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Slade's avatar discussion

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Question of the Day: Why Hasnít Draft Yielded More Starters?

OK, I'm confused - Frank Slade - what was your previous screen name?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, I'm confused - Frank Slade - what was your previous screen name?
    Probably one of those many people that had Pacer in their name so everyone lumped them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Probably one of those many people that had Pacer in their name so everyone lumped them together.
    Yes indeed I just changed it yesterday from Pacerfan 23 ?

Why Not Us ?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Gotcha - I like Frank Slade a lot better - good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Gotcha - I like Frank Slade a lot better - good choice!
    Yes, makes me think of a tough PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Yes, makes me think of a tough PI.
    Yeah if you have ever watched "Scent of a Woman" with Al Pacino( My Favorite Movie) that is the name of his Character LT Col Frank Slade.

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Yes indeed I just changed it yesterday from Pacerfan 23 ?
    So why do you have a murdering ******* as a avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    So why do you have a murdering ******* as a avatar?
    My own Personal Preference

Why is he bothering you ?

Why Not Us ?

My own Personal Preference

Why is he bothering you ?
    Doesn't bother me! I love when society glorifies those who take the lives of others!! The more press they get, the better!! Hope he killed someone in YOUR family!! Wouldn't that be cool!!?? And I really like when they call black people ******s and coons on national TV. Excellent choise of avatar!! I don't have the least problem with it!! Alright!!

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Who is the avatar? I thought it was Joe Pesci.....

John Gotti, right, the "Dapper Don" mafia crime boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Doesn't bother me! I love when society glorifies those who take the lives of others!! The more press they get, the better!! Hope he killed someone in YOUR family!! Wouldn't that be cool!!?? And I really like when they call black people ******s and coons on national TV. Excellent choise of avatar!! I don't have the least problem with it!! Alright!!

Let me know if you need any help getting down off that soap box..

That first step is doozie.....

If you are really that upset about someone else's Avatar, I would suggest getting a REAL perspective on LIFE... There are ALOT more important things to take a Crusade or Protest over...believe me

As to the reference of hoping he killed someone in MY family?
    Thanks for showing us your Classy side...I will refrain from any personal attacks over a silly Avatar...

Why Not Us ?

Oh, I got a great perspective on things. How about YOU trying having to deal on a regular basis with people who've had murdered family members. I'm sure your sensitivity level would change. Then again, probably not.

How do you know I haven't lost a family member due to Gotti's orders? Or have a friend who died due to Gotti? Not only do you not get the sacasm in my murder comment, but you simply ignore that he's a flaming racist.

It's the little stuff like having him on an avatar, or a T-shirt, etc, that helps erode societie's sense of right and wrong.

Yeah, it's just an avatar. It's not like it's some mass murderer like Dalmer, or Hitler, or Berkowitz. Gee, I hope you use them next for your avatar!! Why would anyone be offended by that?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you are really that upset about someone else's Avatar, I would suggest getting a REAL perspective on LIFE... There are ALOT more important things to take a Crusade or Protest over...believe me

Thanks for showing us your Classy side...I will refrain from any personal attacks over a silly Avatar...
    You are aware that Scott is involved with the police, aren't you?

Oh, I got a great perspective on things. How about YOU trying having to deal on a regular basis with people who've had murdered family members. I'm sure you're sensitivity level would change. Then again, probably not.

How do you know I haven't lost a family member due to Gotti's orders? Or have a friend who dies due to Gotti? Not only do you not get the sacasm in my murder comment, but you simply ignore that he's a flaming racist.

It's the little stuff like having him on an avatar, or a T-shirt, etc, that helps erode societie's sense of right and wrong.

Yeah, it's just an avatar. Why would anyone be offended by that?
    Heh, Scott, I think you're taking your anger out on the wrong guy.

I understand where you're coming from, though. Whenever I see some drunk or senior citizen with poor motor functions weaving between lanes on the road, it pisses me off something awful. And not so much for the inconvenience they pose nearly as much as the very real possibility that that person could end up hitting and killing someone, simply because they're too stupid/stubborn to not be behind the wheel. If someone ever killed someone I cared about, either intentionally or otherwise, I really don't know what I would do. And that's a very unsettling feeling for me. I live with that fear almost daily.

No misplaced anger, shade. When you've been a repeated victim of racism all your life and on top of it had to deal with people who've had family members murdered, it's pretty offensive to see someone glorifying someone who built their life on being both a convicted, confessed murderer and an admitted hater of Jews and Blacks, or "Coons" and "******s", as Gotti liked to call them.

No misplaced anger, shade. When you've been a repeated victim of racism all your life and on top of it had to deal with people who've had family members murdered, it's pretty offensive to see someone glorifying someone who built their life on being both a convicted, confessed murderer and an admitted hater of Jews and Blacks, or "Coons" and "******s", as Gotti liked to call them.
    Oh, I completely understand, but I don't think Frank Slade was purposefully trying to be offensive, nor do I believe he knew what you do for a living. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but that's my current view.

I have to agree with "tephlon don" here, despite what he did, he always carried himself with class. Much like Mr. Slade does here. He could send someone to take out your family, but he chooses to calmly take care of the situation, without a tommy-gun. True class act. John Gotti was betrayed by his right hand man when he was sentenced to life imprisonment. However, rather than have him killed, Gotti took his sentence to the grave.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven
    I have to agree with "tephlon don" here, despite what he did, he always carried himself with class. Much like Mr. Slade does here. He could send someone to take out your family, but he chooses to calmly take care of the situation, without a tommy-gun. True class act. John Gotti was betrayed by his right hand man when he was sentenced to life imprisonment. However, rather than have him killed, Gotti took his sentence to the grave.

Either you're nuts, or forgot to add the sarcasm smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven

By the way this was all sarcasm and I don't want to rub someone the wrong way. But we have to realize that it is just an avatar and if it IS offensive to someone, then that person needs to personally PM Slade and say so, I'm sure he would be glad to take it off. Maybe Gotti was his Grandfather, no one knows.

Oh, I got a great perspective on things. How about YOU trying having to deal on a regular basis with people who've had murdered family members. I'm sure your sensitivity level would change. Then again, probably not.

How do you know I haven't lost a family member due to Gotti's orders? Or have a friend who died due to Gotti? Not only do you not get the sacasm in my murder comment, but you simply ignore that he's a flaming racist.

Yeah, it's just an avatar. It's not like it's some mass murderer like Dalmer, or Hitler, or Berkowitz. Gee, I hope you use them next for your avatar!! Why would anyone be offended by that?

Your first mistake was to assume you know anything about me or why I have him as my Avatar,or what I deal with daily . Now had you had the Tact (which would be a nice thing to have in your profession) to approach me in a civil and proper manner, and ask me to remove it or just PM'ed about, I would have had no problem doing so.

Second As far as anything "Racist" you don't want to go there..as I am a Native American, and can go on for hours on some of the worst Racism in history that nobody wants to talk about and think is ok.

I am sure dealing with the low life's of society on daily basis has jaded you to the point that you think every stranger you meet is that way, but you need to realize most people are not as calloused to crime and murder as you think.
    No need to take out on me what YOU think Society needs to hear.

Third .The Irony in all of this is two fold.. Number one I do have a somewhat personal Connection to this person in the Avatar. Also I usually change my Avatar very frequently anyway had you said nothing at all. I would have changed it by week's end.. oh well..I just love how people always assume they know both sides of the story, and then are proven wrong.

Let me also say "for the record" Not because of your horrid attempt at trying to educate me on today's society, But because everyone else here on this forum deserves to see Adult's being able to restrain themselves into a somewhat civil Manner and this is a Pacer Forum not and Crime and Punishment 101, I will go ahead and change my Avatar as it apparent someone needs to show a level head . And everyone has enough problems, without having to hear about someone else's.

End of Discussion..... Done and forgotten about. I will forget we even had this discussion.

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Frank Slade's avatar discussion

Excuse me slade, being a Muslim, I am extremely offended by that avatar. Why don't we use something a little more neutral. Like a blue square or a red apple.....oh wait red is the color of blood, so everyone would think you are a killer. Besides, pregnant virgins cannot be trusted.

By the way, once again this is all sarcasm....I am not really a Muslim (It's sad that I have to do this every post)

I wonder just how many people here thought "Gee, that guy's in an avatar! Killing people must be COOL!"

T-shirts and avatars like this might be offensive to some, but eroding society's sense of right and wrong?? I don't buy it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everyone has the right to be offended.

Also, people have the right to offend.

Your first mistake was to assume you know anything about me or why I have him as my Avatar,or what I deal with daily .
    First, I never made any assumptions about you, now did I? I don't care for your avatar. I never made any assumptions about you.

Second As far as anything "Racist" you don't want to go there..as I am a Native American, and can go on for hours on some of the worst Racism in history that nobody wants to talk about and think is ok.
    Guess what? I'm Native American four generations back from Tennesee. (I'd be more than happy to show you my genealogy.) Go ahead and talk for hours. I'm with you.

And if that's true, then I am REALLY confused why you would have an avatar of a guy that uses the words "******" and "coon" to describe blacks. Is that because you're not black, so that is okay? That is a question, not an accusation. Really. Explain why you would have an avatar of an admitted, and proud of it racist?

I am sure dealing with the low life's of society on daily basis has jaded you to the point [Oops. Look who's making assumptions.] that you think every stranger you meet is that way, but you need to realize most people are not as calloused to crime and murder as you think.
    So you're not calloused to crime and murder? Those things are okay with you? I'm just trying to clarify.

Third .The Irony in all of this is two fold.. Number one I do have a somewhat personal Connection to this person in the Avatar. Also I usually change my Avatar very frequently anyway had you said nothing at all. I would have changed it by week's end.. oh well..I just love how people always assume they know both sides of the story, and then are proven wrong.
    Okay, does this make sense? I never said I assumed both sides of the story, nor did I say anyone was right or wrong. All I intimated is that I found the avatar offensive. YOU are the one reading all this other stuff into things and jumping to wild conclusions.

End of Discussion..... Done and forgotten about. I will forget we even had this discussion.
    End of discussion? Man, nice way to dismiss someone speaking. "I am done with the matter! Discuission will cease now! You are not worth another thought from me"

No, it is NOT the end of the discussion, if both parties aren't done talking...unless you choose to quit responding, which is your choice.

I didn't call you any names, badmouth you or anything "uncivil", unless using sarcasm has damaged your sensitivities. I've been trying to get a simply answer from you. which you keep sidestepping. You asked if you'r avatar was offensive, inviting a response.

It's a fact that Gotti started his "career" as an assassin. As he went through life, he was responsible for an untold amount of deaths. Also, he complained that his grandsons were acting like "******s" and "coons", showing he's racist.

So here's the question once again.

"Why would you have an avatar of a self confessed mass murderer and documented racist as an avatar?"

(Other people have ball players, or some funny picture or cartoon,etc. I don't get it.)

The floor is open to you, unless you've already forgotten about the discussion, since it is now deemed closed, over and forgotton.