Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 85

Thread: Let's talk about the Fever

  1. #26
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    So am I.

  2. #27
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    I'm not...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #28
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    so far:
    IND 20
    NY 25

  4. #29

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Take 2 of these with a glass of water, sleep on it, you'll feel better in the morning. If you break 102, please go to the nearest Emergency Room.

  5. #30

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Apparently Indiana won by 12 or so.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  6. #31
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Thats good.

  7. #32
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    I've had a hard time getting into this season, but the last couple minutes were pretty good, considering we went from tied to 12 up. Tully hit a hell of a 3 to put the dagger in.

    Let's just hope Detroit can take care of Connecticut for us.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #33
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had a hard time getting into this season, but the last couple minutes were pretty good, considering we went from tied to 12 up. Tully hit a hell of a 3 to put the dagger in.

    Let's just hope Detroit can take care of Connecticut for us.

    Yes we are talking WNBA !!! I will take my B-ball Fix wherever I can get it..

    Why Not Us ?


  9. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,139

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had a hard time getting into this season, but the last couple minutes were pretty good, considering we went from tied to 12 up. Tully hit a hell of a 3 to put the dagger in.

    Let's just hope Detroit can take care of Connecticut for us.
    You mean the Detroit team that now starts 5 all-stars?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #35
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the Detroit team that now starts 5 all-stars?

  11. #36
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,139

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, blame the GM that managed to put 5 all-stars on his team by the trade dealine, dont blame me.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #37
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    the WNBA is still on? oh ok.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  13. #38
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    I'll admit, that Katie Smith deal was wicked, but they're still not...



    That's a scary team.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  14. #39
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,139

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit, that Katie Smith deal was wicked, but they're still not...



    That's a scary team.

    They actually crushed Indiana by 15 last week with their new starting 5....

    They've also beaten Connecticut 3 out of 4 times, and they swept them in the playoffs 2 years ago.

    The Shock would probably be the #1 seed if they could re-start the year wiht their new roster.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #40

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Dear god who cares. Watching the WNBA is like torturing yourself in as many ways possible.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  16. #41
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They actually crushed Indiana by 15 last week with their new starting 5....

    they'd probably be the #1 seed if they could re-start the year wiht their new roster.....
    Katie's good, but she's not worth a 10+ game improvement.

    As for that game, I trust Indiana would get to the line more than 3 times next time.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  17. #42
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear god who cares. Watching the WNBA is like torturing yourself in as many ways possible.
    Spoken by someone who still doesn't see the value of Peanut Butter.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  18. #43
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,598

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoken by someone who still doesn't see the value of Peanut Butter.
    Primoz.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  19. #44
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've also beaten Connecticut 3 out of 4 times, and they swept them in the playoffs 2 years ago.
    I hope you're right. But winning two games against a team that didn't have Dydek, Whalen, or Jones doesn't help your argument.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  20. #45
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    B, you realize someone's gonna shoot you over your avatar, don't you?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #46
    Southside_Pacer
    Guest

    Post Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Foster
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Purdue sucks, it's as simple as that.
    Yes, Purdue does suck. Obnox is an IU guy though. Don't know why the hell he's working at Purdue though!

  22. #47
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    I agree with Gnome. It's a different game and actually, a better fundamental game. Obviously, not many of you have daughters. Your perspective might be a little different if you did - like mine. I support the Fever and hope they do well!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  23. #48
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,139

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    It's a different game and actually, a better fundamental game.
    First of all, I don't mind WNBA basketball. It's a good way to pass the time.

    That said, their fundamentls are HORRIBLE. None of them can set a screen without moving, they have no clue how to catch a lead pass, and most of them make Ben Wallace look like Mark Price at the FT line.

    In no way does the WNBA have a fundamentally stronger game. THis isn't even a close comparison. It's a joke.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #49
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,156
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Finally, somebody with a little reasoning around here.

    Their fundamentals remind me of a great high school basketball team. At times they look really good, but there are obvious flaws, not to mention the fact the game is floored. It's not just dunks, it's rebounds, blocks and just contesting shots, and without the elevation, it slows down the game a lot.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  25. #50
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Let's talk about the Fever

    Yup Fever won 63-51
    Imagine the NBA version of this game.
    Pacers #1 Seed vs. Knicks #8 Seed
    Pacers get the homecourt advantage
    then Saras shoots the three that puts the Knicks away like Bevilaqua did to Liberty

    it's possible!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •