Thread: All Games this year are a Sellout!

Default All Games this year are a Sellout!

Tune up your TV: no Colts blackouts!

Not since 1985, have all home games been sold out before season's 1st kickoff.

Colts fans got their first big victory Monday: The reassurance that all eight home games will be televised locally.

For the first time in two decades, the Indianapolis Colts have sold out their entire regular-season home schedule before the start of the season, assuring that no games will be blacked out here.

All that remain for each game, including the Sept. 18 home opener against Jacksonville, are 100 singles and obstructed-view tickets. Those seats will not count against NFL blackout rules, which mandate a sellout at least 72 hours before kickoff for any game.

"It's a whole different deal when you're winning," Tom Zupancic, the team's senior vice president of business development, said Monday. "We've got a product people obviously want to see."

The last time the Colts exhausted their ticket supply and ensured before the season that all home games would be telecast locally was in 1985. The team has sold out 47 of its past 48 regular-season games, the only exception a Sept. 21, 2003, meeting with Jacksonville.

A rise in the number of season-ticket holders contributed to the quick sellouts. It sits at about 48,500, up from 43,500 in 2004 and the highest total since 1989 (49,000).

The Colts have posted two consecutive 12-4 records and reached the playoffs three consecutive times. They also feature the league's most explosive offense, led by quarterback Peyton Manning, who is the league's reigning two-time MVP, wide receiver Marvin Harrison and running back Edgerrin James

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...56/1004/SPORTS

Way to go Colt's Fans.. way to put your money where your mouth is and supports our Colts with A Sellout... No more having the other teams fans buy a few thousand tix at the last minute !

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: All Games this year are a Sellout!

WOOOOO

I'll probably go to a couple this year. Sold out before the season starts, huh? Guess thems the rewards knowing the Colts will be here for years. Instead of the last couple years with grumbling of them leaving. No matter how ridiculous I thought it was, people still seemed affected by it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why is the Star just now reporting this? I've known for two weeks that all the tickets were gone.

I, of course, won't be able to watch them anywya. OHNHOINEOGINEOIGWOEMI
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, of course, won't be able to watch them anywya. OHNHOINEOGINEOIGWOEMI
    I cannot let that happen. You're invited to spend each and every Ponies game at my place.

...all you have to do is take the 2 hour or so drive down to Lafayette every Sunday.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO THAT!!!!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was wanting to go to their home onpener. Hope I can get a ticket.

Mood

ebay =(

Zesty

Deny, your avatar bothers me. In 8th grade I had a friend with that haircut and he did that crap all the time -- it drove me CRAZY. We still make fun of him for it. LoL

Hardy har on Zesty for calling out somebody else's avatar. Hey Zesty, looks like it's time for a flaming tea bag.