Thread: Pure class

Pacesetter

Default Pure class

"More than anything, we need to thank Dale for what he did for us rather than agonize over his departure," said Coach Rick Carlisle. "Yeah, we'd love to have him back here but sometimes the dynamics are such that it just can't happen. He had a major impact on our season last year and really breathed a lot of life back into our team at a very critical time. - Coach Carlisle

Thanks Rick. Dale has been VERY good to us, and has earned his keep!!!

Thanks DD!!! Good luck!!!!

Default Re: Pure class

That sounds like what Carlisle would say. Is there a link to more comments or an article

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "More than anything, we need to thank Dale for what he did for us rather than agonize over his departure," said Coach Rick Carlisle. "Yeah, we'd love to have him back here but sometimes the dynamics are such that it just can't happen. He had a major impact on our season last year and really breathed a lot of life back into our team at a very critical time. - Coach Carlisle

Thanks Rick. Dale has been VERY good to us, and has earned his keep!!!

Thanks DD!!! Good luck!!!!
    I am sorry but I don't agree. He is a double crosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    I am sorry but I don't agree. He is a double crosser.
    You need to get over this fixation. Dale came back for Reggie, and Reggie's no longer here. Plus, he got paid more than twice what we could pay him. He gets to be on a team with a friend, and he still has a chance to win.

Let it go, man. Dale didn't do us any wrong.

Tim

Seven million bucks is a lot of money, even in the NBA.

No reason for him to turn that down.

Harmonica

What else is he going to say?

"Dale is a turncoat plain and simple. Maybe I could understand it if he went to Seattle, but c'mon! Detroit?! These are the same guys who fired my *** and then turned around and spanked it in the ECFs the very next year. Not to mention the brawl. God, I hate that organization and its fans and that cesspool of a city, and I hate Dale for going there. I just hope my comments here motivate him to play his best ball every time he takes the court against us. Which we all know won't be more than 6, maybe 7 minutes tops a game."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    i hate Dale for going there.
    So you would turn down 7 million doallars and take a huge paycut to stay loyal to team? The NBA is a business and this is the last contract Dale will ever get. Of course he's gonna get as much as he can. I'm still a fan of Dale.

About him playing 6 or 7 minutes a game. . .I don't think the Pistons paid him that much just to play that little. I do agree that it's unclear where he will fit in and what his role is going to be, but i'm sure the pistons know what there doing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    About him playing 6 or 7 minutes a game. . .I don't think the Pistons paid him that much just to play that little. I do agree that it's unclear where he will fit in and what his role is going to be, but i'm sure the pistons know what there doing.
    Joe Dumars said in an interview this morning that they paid Dale for playoff experience and depth against shaq AND Duncan.

Darko will get all of Dale's minutes for 82 games, but when the playoffs start, Dale's going to play over Darko. That's the plan, develop Dark and save Dale's legs.

Joe said the thing that's been eating him most is watching Prince guard Duncan in the most crucaial 6 minutes of the season with Dice and Sheed out of the game. He wanted one more option.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Joe Dumars said in an interview this morning that they paid Dale for playoff experience and depth against shaq AND Duncan.

Darko will get all of Dale's minutes for 82 games, but when the playoffs start, Dale's going to play over Darko. That's the plan, develop Dark and save Dale's legs.

Joe said the thing that's been eating him most is watching Prince guard Duncan in the most crucaial 6 minutes of the season with Dice and Sheed out of the game. He wanted one more option.
    If you think that, you're definitely a Michigan based basketball fan.

But I hope that that happens because if Darko is playing 25-30 minutes a game and Dale is playing 2-3 mop up minutes, then Detroit-gonna-be-suckin'. Something I'm definitely OK with. Dale will end up playing 18-25 minutes a game. Darko, maybe 5. I know what Dumars says now but you ain't gonna play someone 25-30 minutes who ain't a very good NBA basketball player.

Near playoff time, Dale will be getting 15-20 minutes a game to rest for the playoffs. Darko will still be seeing limited time. But at the end of the season, we'll compare notes on this and see who was right.

If you think that, you're definitely a Michigan based basketball fan.
    Um, that's what JOE DUMARS SAID. Everything that I said was what Dumars said on the radio.

And no, I do not think Darko as our 4th big man playing 8-15 minutes per game is going to be a huge disaster.

Not to mention in NO WAY do I want Dale Davis wearing himself out 3 months into the season either...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    So you would turn down 7 million doallars and take a huge paycut to stay loyal to team? The NBA is a business and this is the last contract Dale will ever get. Of course he's gonna get as much as he can. I'm still a fan of Dale.

My post must have flown right over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    My post must have flown right over your head.
    Context? What's that?

Like anyone did not have the thought in the back of their minds that Dale would go where the money is? Wasn't that one of the reasons he was unloaded after the Finals run (despite being given what was the maximium that could be offered at the time)? I cannot blame him though. He's nearing retirement one last big payday will be nice to have, his friend here has retired and we cannot offer him that much and he's going to a team with as good of a shot as anyone else of winning a ring over the next two years (and that is one thing that dale doesn't have). Understandable if ya ask me.

I understand about Dale, and Don't feel betrayed or double crossed, but I think I took the news worse than Peck would.....
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Believe me, I would have no hard feelings at all if Dale would have went someone besides the Pistons.

Wonder why there were no quotes from Larry Bird in the puff piece?

Mood

Rick wouldn't have said anything if he was pissed. That's the unofficial way to ***** to the press with intelligence. Say nothing.

PistonsNation

We need a saavy vet if we meet Mia in the playoffs. No matter what Darko shows in the regular season he would get eaten alive by Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsNation
    We need a saavy vet if we meet Mia in the playoffs. No matter what Darko shows in the regular season he would get eaten alive by Shaq.
    Wow, you're gonna meet Mia Hamm?! I don't care that SportsGuy says she has no personality, she's still hot!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

PistonsNation

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    Believe me, I would have no hard feelings at all if Dale would have went someone besides the Pistons.
    Fine, then we're even. I hated John Long in a Pacers uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Wow, you're gonna meet Mia Hamm?! I don't care that SportsGuy says she has no personality, she's still hot!
    Sorry, I leave the old hags to washed-up shortstops.....

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsNation
    Fine, then we're even. I hated John Long in a Pacers uni.

WOW. Was what ever an old wound. Thanks.

It did feel better getting "Lightning" back and getting him his ring.

Too bad we couldnt bring "Thunder" back with him.....

PistonsNation

If one of the guards went down you could always count on Steady John Eddie to be there ready to sign a ten day. But seriously, he was a great scorer for us in the late 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Sorry, I leave the old hags to washed-up shortstops.....

I love making fun of Cubs players!