Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers must make a big move

Default Pacers must make a big move

Basically, what Miami and Detroit have/are planning to do this offseason dwarfs us picking up Sarunas.

Detroit gets sooo much better with Dale. That was the only weakness Detroit displayed, no depth. Now with Dale they have an excellent defender to back up rasheed/big ben.

Now...we have no depth (big guys) and our starting lineup doesn't compare to detroit or miamis.

I am a diehard pacer fan, this just saddens me. This is not our year to win a title. If we can trade AJ for a SOLID center/PF then MAYBE there is hope. But we have to do SOMETHING.

Foster is not going to do anything this year. Pollard will be injured. We will be so screwed at center it's going to be ridiculous. Expect JO to play a lot more C this year. Also, expect Croshere to get a lot of minutes. Yeah that's right Croshere.

Actually i'm going to come out and say it. The only way we get into the ECF this year is if we have a healthy bender or make a trade (one which we don't lose any starters) for a very solid big guy.

I expect Miami to go to the finals this year. If they get Finley it's as close to automatic as you can get in this league.

All those "chemistry" issues are ridiculous. Anyone likes winning and i'm pretty sure Shaq is easily the best teammate in the league.

With detroit we've got the same team with Dale...and possibly Spreewell. Ouch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers must make a big move

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically, what Miami and Detroit have/are planning to do this offseason dwarfs us picking up Sarunas.

Detroit gets sooo much better with Dale. That was the only weakness Detroit displayed, no depth. Now with Dale they have an excellent defender to back up rasheed/big ben.

Now...we have no depth (big guys) and our starting lineup doesn't compare to detroit or miamis.

I am a diehard pacer fan, this just saddens me. This is not our year to win a title. If we can trade AJ for a SOLID center/PF then MAYBE there is hope. But we have to do SOMETHING.

Foster is not going to do anything this year. Pollard will be injured. We will be so screwed at center it's going to be ridiculous. Expect JO to play a lot more C this year. Also, expect Croshere to get a lot of minutes. Yeah that's right Croshere.

Actually i'm going to come out and say it. The only way we get into the ECF this year is if we have a healthy bender or make a trade (one which we don't lose any starters) for a very solid big guy.

I expect Miami to go to the finals this year. If they get Finley it's as close to automatic as you can get in this league.

All those "chemistry" issues are ridiculous. Anyone likes winning and i'm pretty sure Shaq is easily the best teammate in the league.

To be honest, I thought that we just needed to sit back, but I agree with you know, I think that we HAVE to make some kind of deal to improve.

Dale is a very marginal upgrade for Detroit. They still need someone who can create for himself off the bench, and maybe another shooter.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Dale is a very marginal upgrade for Detroit. They still need someone who can create for himself off the bench, and maybe another shooter.
    Arroyo can't create?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Arroyo can't create?

Arroyo can't create?
    I'm thinking in terms of a SG/SF slasher/scorer.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I'm thinking in terms of a SG/SF slasher/scorer.
    Delfino's actually prety good in that role, providing he doesnt spend the year on IR again.

Not that I think he's the guy, I think Joe will make a move for another SF that will push Delfino for time.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Sports Logo

KStat.....if they do go after Sprewell....and I think they should.....wouldn't the Pistons need to waive someone?

I thought it was Dupree.....

Pacerman157

jon's right we need a trade but i also think foster will start out good then slow down because of his hip and he is already just an average player

Harmonica

Probably about as automatic as the Lakers winning it all when they picked up Malone and Payton, right? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    KStat.....if they do go after Sprewell....and I think they should.....wouldn't the Pistons need to waive someone?

I thought it was Dupree.....
    They could waive dupree for all I care. The guy was a complete failure for what we needed. We wanted a slasher, and he fell in love with that stupid umper.

Also, I'm not too sure anymore than we're still interested in Spree... I think there may be a trade in the works.

Pacerman157

The QOD on pacers.com will answer this

Pacerman157

i would give you a link but i dont know how

Sports Logo

They could waive dupree for all I care. The guy was a complete failure for what we needed. We wanted a slasher, and he fell in love with that stupid umper.

Also, I'm not too sure anymore than we're still interested in Spree... I think there may be a trade in the works.
    I heard of that too....but I thought that Spree seemed to be a good fit....as he's a older but poor man's version of Finley that can provide a good scoring punch off the bench....as well as being familiar with Flip.

I have no idea how much DD signed for....but how much money do you think they can offer a guy?

It would probably give us an idea who you guys can pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I heard of that too....but I thought that Spree seemed to be a good fit....as he's a older but poor man's version of Finley that can provide a good scoring punch off the bench....as well as being familiar with Flip.

I have no idea how much DD signed for....but how much money do you think they can offer a guy?

It would probably give us an idea who you guys can pickup.
    Nobody will know exactly how much till tomorrow.

Have I missed something ?? I admit I have had a very traumatic past 2 months but I have not totally lost touch with reality.

Have we not signed Granger and Sarunas? Is not Harrison, Artest and Bender coming back this year. Foster and JO will be healthy, as will Tinsley. We will have Jackson and maybe both Jones boys. We still have Pollard and Croshere. Who knows, Edwards might improve and you have already awarded Miami and Detroit the ECF game.

Man, you had better stay off those little yellow pills, as they are making you hallucinate and falll into deep depression. Nothing Miami or Detroit have done, so far, have put either team ahead of the Pacers.

I think it will be a three team race but as of now, no one has much of an advantage.

Just chill out and throws those yellow pills away. The Pacers will prevail if for no other reason than coaching stability.

JUST BELIEVE !!!!

Tim

I believe we might lose James Jones now.

Pacers has said they would match offers for James but now the rumor is that the Suns will give us a trade exception for JJ, I think the Pacers would give that serious consideration.

We need to do something to get better. Detriot wont be much better with DD, (Double crosser)I think they just got him so we couldn't have him.

Let's not just jump ship or run for the hills just yet.. before we have even played one preseason game with our current roster. I am all for improving if at all possible, and doing whatever it takes to win. If there is an obvious or no brainer trade then fine, but no need to make any knee jerk decisions.

Why Not Us ?

Arroyo can't create?
    Not consistantly

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan23
    Let's not just jump ship or run for the hills just yet.. before we have even played one preseason game with our current roster. I am all for improving if at all possible, and doing whatever it takes to win. If there is an obvious or no brainer trade then fine, but no need to make any knee jerk decisions.
    Jump ship? No one here is even coming remotly close to saying anything like that. Just put simply some feel the need for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31
    Jump ship? No one here is even coming remotly close to saying anything like that. Just put simply some feel the need for an upgrade.
    Correct I was more referring to the title Pacers must make a big move as in more than an upgrade.

But yes I am all for upgrading wherever possible. Just not an overhaul.

Why Not Us ?

Naptown Seth

Delfino was easily one of the 20 worst players in the NBA last season. If this guy's your perimeter ace off the bench, and you got Flip Saunders coaching, well you're not gonna go very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Delfino was easily one of the 20 worst players in the NBA last season. If this guy's your perimeter ace off the bench, and you got Flip Saunders coaching, well you're not gonna go very far.
    He spent almost all of last year on the injured list.

He also spent the beginning of the year on one leg, and the games he DID play he was actually pretty good.

Calling him one of the 20 worst players in the NBA is a bit unfair. He never got to play.

Maybe he's injury prone, hopefully last year was a fluke.

However, nobody that saw him play can honestly say he doesn't have NBA-level talent.

Pimping31

We don't we really need a big move right now the Pacers are ok where they are just sign JJ or Reggie Evans then were fine imo we have the best foward duo in the game possibly the best duo in the game today.Were a top 5 defensive we picked up Sarunas a great player a good leader,clutch player and shooter just the right person to fill in the void we lost with Reggie.We have Fred Jones,Aj,David Harriosn,Bender and Cro off the bench isnt that enough.Fred Jones is a great man to man defender and a good shooter as off Aj HE had his best season in his whole career last year if you ask me Ajs a great backup pg.Now we have nothing to worry about were a great all around verstile team.