Thread: 15 minutes with Manning.

Default 15 minutes with Manning.

I've been guilty as the next guy thinking sometimes the pro athlete is a coddled spoiled brat especially when you see the TOs of the world. I was fortunate enough to see the other side of the coin so to speak during camp.

It is unbelievable how adults will use kids to do their dirty work. One particular young man (around 10 years old) would show up at camp everyday trying to get Peyton Manning's autograph. So what's wrong with this? He got Manning's autograph the first week camp started and continued to ask for it on a new football day after day. Thanks alot dad, all you did was deny someone else the opportunity to get Mr. Manning's signature (and no I wasn't trying to get it

There is only so much time these guys have and they do have other things to attend to. Too bad Joe fan doesn't see some of the players they call @ssholes on this particular day were the same players who spent 20 minutes the day before signing.

Too bad Joe fan doesn't understand maybe after a really grueling practice why a player would only sign for 15 minutes and not all day. Let's just say a certain quarterback said under his breath "Man my arm's really tired today" right before he proceeded to accomodate as many people as possible.

Too bad Joe fan II doesn't understand that when he yells out " come on I drove 3 hours just to see you" that the day before Joe fan 1 yells "come on I drove from California, Virgina, Ohio, Michigan, blah blah blah to see you".

What's really great though is seeing Joe fan and their son/daughter get that particular autograph and the biggest grin you've ever seen cross their face. You can tell these guys do appreciate the true fans and get a kick out of it, but sometimes the physical demands just take their toll.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 15 minutes with Manning.

Thats why Reggie would never sign autographs at games and practices right?

He didn't like the idea of people getting his signature and then selling it for money I think. Thats why he only signed at charity events and away from the job places isn't it?
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"