Thread: Bob Sanders injured in loss to Bears......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bob Sanders injured in loss to Bears......

NOOO!!!...BOB SANDERS!!!

hope its not serious

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Son of a *****.......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

AGAIN!!!!! Does the name Jonathan Bender ring a bell anyone?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

figures

Its a muscle strain....he could be back this week.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

At least we still have 20 days until the season opener to heal up...
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Son of a *****.......
    My thoughts exactly.

Don't ask me why, but I'm starting to have a very bad feeling about the Ponies this year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade

Don't ask me why, but I'm starting to have a very bad feeling about the Ponies this year.
    I guess some things never change...

Anyway we'll have to go through this quite often with Bob because of the way he plays and his size...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Shade

My thoughts exactly. They haven't really been lighting it up so far this year.....My biggest fear is that teams have figured out our offense (thanks to the Patriots, who obviously have) and that our defense still sucks ***. We will be lucky to go 10-6 this year even with the lightest schedule in the league....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I can't wait till you people have to watch the Colts win in the actual season. It's going to kill some of you.

I mean, come on people. I'M supposed to be the doom and gloom prognosticator, and this pre-season has made me feel better than any in the past. Get a grip.
    Exactly! Kravitz even makes sense on this subject...

Edge is right after all: Preseason means nothing

Related articles
    Injury bug bites again as Colts lose Sanders
    Injury bug bites again as Colts lose Sanders
    Related links
    Colts message board
    Ask the expert: Colts reporter Mike Chappel
    Links to other web sites will open a new browser. IndyStar.com is not responsible for the content, accuracy or privacy practices of these sites.

It doesn't matter.

A 5-0 preseason doesn't matter, and an 0-3 preseason, with the chance to get even worse with two road games to finish up, doesn't matter. And the Indianapolis Colts -- the players, to be more specific -- know it doesn't matter. Does anybody see running back Edgerrin James hyperventilating after two fumbles in a horrific preseason performance against the Bears?

As it says on the side of the man's boat, "Stress Free."

"It's not that big a deal," James said Saturday night. "We've been playing together a long time. It's just a matter of concentrating and focusing. You already know my take on preseason. We've just got to get through it."

And while coach Tony Dungy would never acknowledge this, you know, Edge is right.

That's not what anxious fans want to hear, and that's certainly not what the NFL, which charges full price for preseason games, wants to hear. But in the case of the Colts, it's the gospel truth.

With another team, in another year, yeah, there might be a reason for concern. Some teams need preseason to fill several key roster spots. Some teams need preseason to create a new culture of winning.

The Colts?

Preseason is just not a big deal for a team with an established pedigree, especially on offense. When the klieg lights shine, Jeff Saturday will be back at center -- and this might be a good time for Saturday to renegotiate -- James will run like he's fleeing from those spooky Gen Con attendees, and the Colts will score 30-plus points without breaking a sweat.

I like to refer to this part of the year as a "Tarik Glenn."

It's a giant false start.

For me, preseason football is like a first date. In no way does it predict how things will go in the long run. Time and again, preseason juggernauts morph into 6-10 disasters. Time and again, a dream first date turns into a rocky marriage where everybody gains 40 pounds and the kids have perpetual ear infections.

(If you're reading this column, dear, this in no way refers to our marriage. Just using some literary license . . .)

To put it another way -- quickly -- preseason is more misleading than an Orioles first baseman before a congressional committee.

In an effort to remain awake and alert during the fourth quarter of Saturday night's electric affair, I scanned the pages of the Colts' media guide, looking at preseason numbers. And, lo and behold, I turned up this little gem:

The Colts haven't had a losing preseason since 1991.

That's pretty interesting.

It's also completely meaningless.

Some of those Colts preseason powers were awful when it counted. Some were mediocre. The ones of more recent vintage ripped off the required 12 regular-season victories, even after having games that were just as sloppy and downright excruciating as Saturday night's.

Now, to Dungy's credit, he wasn't having any of that sanguine talk in the hours after the Colts' third straight preseason loss. In fact, he sounded a whole lot like a coach is supposed to sound.

"I'm not used to losing home games like this, not used to losing three in a row, not used to playing poorly," he said sternly. "We can look at it as an excuses-and-explanations group and say, 'This is the reason, that's the reason, and when this guy gets back, we'll be better, or when the regular season starts, we'll be fine.' But right now, it's not fine, and we need to get it fixed."

Asked if a team can simply turn on a switch when it counts, he answered quickly.

"No, you can't," he said. "You don't just turn on a switch. You don't play poorly, poorly, poorly, and then just turn on a switch."

Well, what was he supposed to say, right?

Ahhh, who cares except the poor saps who pay regular-season prices for these games? Like we really need to know if Tom Arth can lead us in a two-minute drill?

You know what purpose the Colts' preseason serves?

To see if Marlin Jackson is the real deal (yes). To see if Dave Rayner is this year's David Kimball (probably, but he'll kick off even if he loses his leg in an industrial accident). To see if Gary Brackett can hold things down at middle linebacker (so far, so good). To check and make sure Hunter Smith, the league's most under-worked punter, will be my "intangibles" guy this season (absolutely).

This team has Super Bowl written all over it, and an 0-5 preseason wouldn't alter that outlook even a little bit.

Listen, if players are concerned -- or claim they are concerned -- that's probably a good thing.

"In a lot of jobs, they don't give you an opportunity to kind of warm up," quarterback Peyton Manning said. "They don't give you a court case where it doesn't count. This is the preseason and we're professionals, and we've got to come with the right focus."

It was funny to hear radio man Bob Lamey scold the Colts in the first quarter, telling his audience, "This team is not ready for the regular season."

It was funny because Lamey is supposed to be the good-news guy while I am cast as The Face of Evil. (I can't wait to hear Lamey get in Mr. Bill's face during their Monday night shows this season.)

And it was funny because I found myself thinking just the opposite: After watching that mess Saturday night, I know, more now than ever, that this team is ready for the regular season.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    That is not even close to a comparison. Bob made an impact once he was healthy last season, AND HE WILL MAKE AN EVEN BIGGER ONE THIS YEAR! Sanders, Jackson, and Doss are going to be 3 of the best and most physical DB's in the league for years to come. If we can get some young talent and line backer to develope (and old talent ie. Rob Morris), and some decent desensive tackles that can stop the run, then we will be the best team in football.

The Colts don't stop the run, their pass rush goes hard all the time. If the D-Line stops the ball carrier, then its an added bonus. But w/ the Colts, the defensive backs are required to stop the run, hence we need speed on the line, not big Defensive Tackles.

Why should we even play this year? Might as well forfeit every game since the Colts are going to go 0-16.

I echo Btown's magical words.