Thread: Classic JO line

Default Classic JO line

"I'm comtemplating catching a flight to New York (to ABC studios) and be the guy standing outside the window with an Indiana jersey on. Then, at least Indiana would be on."

- Jermaine O'Neal,
    on Pacers' lack of national TV exposure.

NewYawk

Default Re: Classic JO line

"I'm comtemplating catching a flight to New York (to ABC studios) and be the guy standing outside the window with an Indiana jersey on. Then, at least Indiana would be on."

- Jermaine O'Neal,
    on Pacers' lack of national TV exposure.

Great quote. JO makes avalid point. ABC's NBA coverage stinks. Knicks-Bucks on Sunday? Please.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's hilarious.

That is funny.

Although, I am not too upset about the Pacers not getting national exposure. Especially if it makes the Pacers players mad.

We should be reimbursed by TNT, ESPN, ABC, etc. for our LP payments.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Artestaholic

The reason they're not on much national TV is because of the way they fisnished last year. First round exitees and lower dont get many nationally televised games the following year, unless they have a hot-shot rookie (Cavs, Nuggets) or the returning Michael Jordan.
    If the Pacers keep up their play and go deep in the playoffs, theyll have a lot of nationally televised games next year.

NewYawk

The reason they're not on much national TV is because of the way they fisnished last year. First round exitees and lower dont get many nationally televised games the following year, unless they have a hot-shot rookie (Cavs, Nuggets) or the returning Michael Jordan.
    If the Pacers keep up their play and go deep in the playoffs, theyll have a lot of nationally televised games next year.
    Bull! The exec who thought the Knicks-Bucks game would be better ratings than the Pacers (best record in the East)-Cavs (hot shot rookie) game should be fired.

Simple as that.

Bull! The exec who thought the Knicks-Bucks game would be better ratings than the Pacers (best record in the East)-Cavs (hot shot rookie) game should be fired.

Simple as that.
    Please pay attention. They make the TV schedule in the summer. They saw the Pacers and saw a playoff flop minus their starting center. They didn't know we'd end up being a 60 some odd win team. Next year should be much better for the Pacers in terms of exposure.

The only national TV I really care about us getting is somewhere around 20 to 25 games in the playoffs.

The only national TV I really care about us getting is somewhere around 20 to 25 games in the playoffs.
    Yeah, we will in fact be on ABC this year if we're in the Finals.

Sports Logo

Actually NY has a point. The Pacers game was available to them and for a short period of time was on the schedule.

Actually NY has a point. The Pacers game was available to them and for a short period of time was on the schedule.
    You're right; I forgot they dropped it.

You mean WHEN we're in the finals
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

funny quote by JO

I am sorta upset by the lack of respect shown for the BEST team in the East, but it's always been like that with Indiana teams...We just don't get the respect we deserve, unless it's Notre Dame.

Besides, I kind of like that we will be going into the NBA Finals as "underdogs" of sorts...It will be great to see all the "analysts" picking the Pacers to win it when we get there after they said all season that no Eastern Conference team has a chance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get it right, Hicks. :P

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get it right, Hicks. :P
    I smell a jinx...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...