Thread: Who thinks the summer is to short?

Default Who thinks the summer is to short?

The college people might not think this but as someone still in high school who thinks that the summers are to short?

I do. I think that we just get out of school and then we go back. Summers are 2 mounts long or so once you make up make up days.

This is just on my mind as school is fast approaching. I love the social part of school, but man I love my summers of sleeping in until noon while going to sleep at 3 in the morning. Life just doesn't get any simplier than that.

Default Re: Who thinks the summer is to short?

It's plenty long for me. I am a college student; finals ended May 7. That's a long *** time. Plus, I got a job at the end of June, which reminds you how luck you are to be in school to become a professional. Mix in the hell that is NBA offseason, and no, summer is quite long enough. I'm glad Fall is around the corner.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As a working professional that's had chargeability > 110% this summer ("slow time", my ***), I can vouch that *this* summer was way, way, way too short.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

My summer was actually pretty long this time, almost three months. It got extended by a few weeks, I think.

I think I'm going to really like this year. My schedule is still pretty hectic, but there are at least more classes where I'm up and about the school, instead of listening to the teacher drone.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Summer is entirely too short. I've been out of college for about 4 months and I never want to return! But I do on the 29th.

For those of you who love college, get a full-time job and try to plan a wedding and see how much you love college.

I can't wait till a professor tries to encourage me to go to graduate school. I'll roll on the floor laughing.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's plenty long for me. I am a college student; finals ended May 7. That's a long *** time. Plus, I got a job at the end of June, which reminds you how luck you are to be in school to become a professional. Mix in the hell that is NBA offseason, and no, summer is quite long enough. I'm glad Fall is around the corner.
    Wait until you start teaching. Then your answer will be "HELL YES, SUMMER'S TOO SHORT!"

IMO, summer is too freakin' short. School either needs to end earlier - before Memorial day - or start later.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The college people might not think this but as someone still in high school who thinks that the summers are to short?

I do. I think that we just get out of school and then we go back. Summers are 2 mounts long or so once you make up make up days.

This is just on my mind as school is fast approaching. I love the social part of school, but man I love my summers of sleeping in until noon while going to sleep at 3 in the morning. Life just doesn't get any simplier than that.
    I couldn't agree more. I have to go back Monday .

I don't think so. I don't mind school, plus it's my senior year, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Summer's hot. I miss Wisconsin. Summer's too long. Now FALL - that's always too short.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy