Thread: Randy Moss admits that he smokes weed

Default Randy Moss admits that he smokes weed

NEW YORK (AP) - Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it "every blue moon."

"I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league," Moss said in an interview for HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" scheduled to air Tuesday night. "But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no."

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

"But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might."

The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result. A second violation results in a fine equal to the player's salary for four games, a third in a four-game suspension, and a year's suspension for a fourth violation.

Moss has never been suspended for violating the league's drug policy and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it is confidential whether the receiver is in the drug program or not.

"We evaluate all conduct related to substance abuse and it is handled confidentially by the doctors," Aiello said.

Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings in early March. He was limited by a hamstring injury last season and finished with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns. It was the first time in his seven seasons that he didn't reach 1,000 yards receiving.

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of his past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.

foretaz

Default Re: Randy Moss admits that he smokes weed

i have a feeling this isnt gonna go over very good....

Exclamation Re: Randy Moss admits that he smokes weed

SO

God I love Marvin
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm so glad the Colts mostly have respectable players.......

The NFL better not let Randy slide, either.

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

What do you mean let him slide? They cant do **** to him, he never tested positive for it when they tested him. They cant do nothing to him at all if all he is doing is just talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Brown
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean let him slide? They cant do **** to him, he never tested positive for it when they tested him. They cant do nothing to him at all if all he is doing is just talking.
    I wasn't even thinking about that.

Cut me some slack, been a crazy week.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Me too. And even if any of them do smoke weed or do anything else at least they don't talk about it. They have talked on ESPN about how Randy has changed since he's been in Oakland, doesn't look like it to me.

Mood

Who doesn't once in a blue moon? I bet Peyton does too in the offseason. What's so bad about that? It's not as if it's crack or heroine. Randy was obviously asked in an interview, so I commend his honesty. DUH ofcourse it's easier to lie, just ask Rafael Palmeiro.

Randy Moss + smoking weed, still >>> Any WR in the game

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was kind of dumb to admit it to the media, but I honestly am happy for Moss. If he wants to smoke it, then he should do it.

Nothing wrong with that...but he now has the NFL and its officials looking at him even more than they would have before...

But, I'm a huge advocate of decriminalizing marijuana.

Harmonica

Hopefully this is only making national headlines because it's a slow news day.

So thats how he is able to play "hurt". <- Ricky and Randy (sorry if that looks like a link to anyone).

You know its one thing if you want to smoke weed but it's another thing to admit it to the media. That is just stupid. I can't say to much about smoking weed because it so common, more than most think and so if he wants to smoke weed...light that up for all I care because they are not my lungs but my gosh that doesn't mean you go around admiting it to the media. It is better to lie. Randy may not have a good character record but that doesn't mean that he should tell people he smokes the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Brown
    Randy Moss + smoking weed, still >>> Any WR in the game
    ...I don't know about ANY wide receiver in the league.....

I look at stats first and class second, and Randy isn't first in either of those categories.

He is definitely good, but he and his HS buddy J-Will needed to take more classes on shutting the f%$k up. I bet he is annoying as hell when he's high....Not one of those "quiet stoners", I bet....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Who cares,as long as he doesnt bother me personally...He can do whatever he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet

Because I'm sure none of the Colts have ever done it, right?

Maybe the Colts don't go around advertising it like Randy Moss and Ricky Williams, but lets not kidd ourselves...........

Randy and Ricky aren't the only 2 people in the NFL who have smoked marijuana, and who plan on smoking it again. Most keep their mouths shut. I could really care less myself, I just don't want people to get the assumption that these are the only 2 that have used it.

The one thing I've noticed with frequent pot smokers is they seem to forget it is illegal. They get more and more brave about 'toking up' and when/where they do it. ...And apparently don't think twice before admitting it to the media.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    The one thing I've noticed with frequent pot smokers is they seem to forget it is illegal. They get more and more brave about 'toking up' and when/where they do it. ...And apparently don't think twice before admitting it to the media.

-Bball
    That's a direct result of the whole 'short term memory loss' thing.....

Wait, what was I saying?!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

What?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Audioslave comes to Indy Nov 10th.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Alright, so, we've established that smoking mary-jane is legal, right?

Wait, we haven't?

Oh, OK, then let's get that clear.

What? It really isn't legal? Wow, that changes things.

Look, I'm going to avoid "preaching" about the evils of drug use, but here's where I stand. It's unhealthy, it's illegal, and to tell the truth, it's an ignorant waste of money. I do not, and will not ever understand the "everyone does it, who cares if it's illegal?" argument. You can't tell me that you wouldn't care if a pot head was watching your kids. OK, so, Randy Moss isn't your babysitter, he's just your kids' role model.

"Look at me kids! Don't you all want to be like me? Make lots of money, become a super-star, smoke pot and be a general disruption! It's lots of fun!"

Please, why advocate something that is illegal? That right there should be enough to make you stop and think about this guy. Yes, there are people on my Colts (Kendyll Pope) who do it, I won't say that it doesn't happen. But for anyone to do it, rich and famous or poor and homeless, it's illegal, and therefore unjustifiable in my mind.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake