Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

  1. #26
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleOn
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I messed your joke up.
    Hey, it's no big deal. Sorry I offended you. You seem pretty cool. Regarding this tidbit from the article: "One solution Vogel has proposed is to turn swaths of the city into farmland." See, Indy and Detroit could end up having very much in common.

  2. #27
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Whatever. This bores me.

    I made my point. Detroit is awesome AND we win more NBA champions. I win, you all lose. Booyah!!

  3. #28
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    I don't think it's fair to McClinctic Sphere to outright close it, so I'm going to re-open it; he didn't mean it the way it's being taken; it was as Shade said a light poke at best, and then a fit was thrown in retaliation.
    Hicks, that statement is so one-sided biased I don't know where to begin.

    Let's have someone post a KKK thread or the general average IQ of Indiana's population and see how "funny" you think it is.....I assure you both are plentiful.

    In no way is it a light-hearted comment when you decide to dedicate a thread to bashing someone's home. Furthermore, you unlocking this thread was an act of sheer lunacy. If your intent is to have a 10-page flame war, you're on the right track.

    a Pacer fan is going to be allowed to make some light or modest jabs that a fan of another team won't because we are Pacers-biased.
    That's another thing I never thought I'd hear you say.

    The rules should apply EQUALLY to EVERYONE. That's the way it's always been here. Nobody should have their hands tied simply out of team affiliation.

    What people generally will and will not accept is one thing, and I accept that. However, the rules shouldn't be biased as well.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #29
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, it's no big deal. Sorry I offended you. You seem pretty cool. Regarding this tidbit from the article: "One solution Vogel has proposed is to turn swaths of the city into farmland." See, Indy and Detroit could end up having very much in common.
    Oops. I meant to say you're nice, too, and this was all just a big misunderstanding. Detroit AND Indy rule the world together!!

  5. #30
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks, that statement is so one-sided biased I don't know where to begin.

    Let's have someone post a KKK thread or the general average IQ of Indiana's population and see how "funny" you think it is.....I assure you both are plentiful.

    In no way is it a light-hearted comment when you decide to dedicate a thread to bashing someone's home. Furthermore, you unlocking this thread was an act of sheer lunacy. If your intent is to have a 10-page flame war, you're on the right track.

    tsk tsk tsk..

    breathe in...

    exhale.

    read the apologies and the explanation of the poster.

    breathe in...

    exhale.

    stop being a baby, nobody is intentionally invoking animosity, let alone a war. so let it go papa smurf and we can all moooh vaugh. it's only painful if you choose to suffer. actually before your last post it's starting to turn into a tearjerker ooohh the drama. it's always a spectacle to see 2 grown men kiss and make up in front of the viewing public. I wish Kobez and Shaq would just do the same.

  6. #31
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks, that statement is so one-sided biased I don't know where to begin.

    Let's have someone post a KKK thread or the general average IQ of Indiana's population and see how "funny" you think it is.....I assure you both are plentiful.

    In no way is it a light-hearted comment when you decide to dedicate a thread to bashing someone's home. Furthermore, you unlocking this thread was an act of sheer lunacy. If your intent is to have a 10-page flame war, you're on the right track.



    That's another thing I never thought I'd hear you say.

    The rules should apply EQUALLY to EVERYONE. That's the way it's always been here. Nobody should have their hands tied simply out of team affiliation.

    What people generally will and will not accept is one thing, and I accept that. However, the rules shouldn't be biased as well.
    What about the article was biased though? Is there something in the article you find the author was factually incorrect about or deliberately misleading? I read articles about problems in Indianapolis all the time. If you can find an article by a respected news source which chronicles problems in Indy go ahead and post it. I love to read interesting articles that challenge the Capitol Improvements board's vision of Indy. I'd much rather see that than some photo montage of a young, overhyped receiving core with no one to throw the football to them.

  7. #32
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the article was biased though? Is there something in the article you find the author was factually incorrect about or deliberately misleading? I read articles about problems in Indianapolis all the time. If you can find an article by a respected news source which chronicles problems in Indy go ahead and post it. I love to read interesting articles that challenge the Capitol Improvements board's vision of Indy. I'd much rather see that than some photo montage of a young, overhyped receiving core with no one to throw the football to them.
    I was calling Hicks biased, not the article.

    And obviously I wouldn't post an article about problems with Indianapolis, and use it as a punch-line, because it would serve no purpose other than to **** off the people who live there. Pretty much how this article came off.

    And if there was a SERIOUS point to this thread, it should have been posted in the news forum, not in the basketball forum. You post it in the basketball forum, it comes off as a slap in the face. It's not as if you were asking for legit topic discussion by posting it in a place where nobody visits to talk about urban development.

    I'm perfectly ok with discussing Detroit's issues. I do it every single day. I just don't appreciate making light of the problems in this manner.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #33
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was calling Hicks biased, not the article.

    And obviously I wouldn't post article about problems with Indianapolis because it would serve no purpose other than to **** off the people who live there. Pretty much how this article came off.

    And if there was a SERIOUS point to this thread, it should have been posted in the news forum, not in the basketball forum. You post it in the basketball forum, it comes off as a slap in the face.
    The only possible slap in the face is the one to Dale and that's only if he makes the wrong choice. Really now, the good thing about urban blight is that it inevitably leads to urban renewal. It's Jungian or even Hegelian in it's predictability.

  9. #34
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what the Pistons fans here need to keep in mind, is that while this is an NBA site, it's 2nd to being a Pacers site, and like it or not Pacers fans can make more of these kinds of posts and get away with it than an outsider can because this is our home, not yours, speaking in terms of who we root for and what this site was built for. I try hard to keep it welcoming to all who want to talk, but at the end of the day the Indiana fans are going to get some privilages in ways outsiders can't, because it's a shrine for the Pacers 1st before being a general NBA talk board. So while I'm not gonna let it sink to anything ridiculous, a Pacer fan is going to be allowed to make some light or modest jabs that a fan of another team won't because we are Pacers-biased.
    I couldn't agree more.

  10. #35
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't agree more.
    Yeah, I'm sure you loved that one.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #36
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks, that statement is so one-sided biased I don't know where to begin.

    Let's have someone post a KKK thread or the general average IQ of Indiana's population and see how "funny" you think it is.....I assure you both are plentiful.

    In no way is it a light-hearted comment when you decide to dedicate a thread to bashing someone's home. Furthermore, you unlocking this thread was an act of sheer lunacy. If your intent is to have a 10-page flame war, you're on the right track.
    You're letting your temper get the best of you on this one. KKK thread? Talk about hyperbole. Secondly, I made it clear that there IS bias around here because it IS a Pacers site FIRST, not second. Third, Sphere posted it as something light-hearted, not a mean-spirited "how can I REALLY hurt them today?" kind of post, unless you're calling him a liar. I've met the guy, and he never suggested he found it ammusing to do something like you suggest.

    That's another thing I never thought I'd hear you say.

    The rules should apply EQUALLY to EVERYONE. That's the way it's always been here. Nobody should have their hands tied simply out of team affiliation.

    What people generally will and will not accept is one thing, and I accept that. However, the rules shouldn't be biased as well.
    For all intents and purposes, they ARE equal to everyone, but they never will be in all ways. Vet posters have longer leashes, for instance. In this case, yes, I'm going to sometimes let go what I view as minor jabs at the other side, whereas yes, if someone from the outside tried it on me I am more likely to get pissed, because I'm human, and I'm a Pacers fan born and raised in Indiana. That doesn't mean I'm going to let anything truly mean get posted or carry on; and this was not. That's opinion, but, last time I checked, being admin here requires personal judgement call, and if you happen to not like it now, sorry. I don't let this place go to hell, and you know that, so try to keep it in mind before totally calling me out in one swift stroke.

  12. #37
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't agree more.
    I couldn't disagree more.


    Alright. Say you were playing a game of checkers with your friend. After your friend wins the game, you're angry, so you say to him: "Hey, too bad about your mom dying in that car crash."

    The Detroit article is funny for you guys, but not for some of us who live in the Detroit area. And since Detroit fans are staples on this forum, it would seem gentlemanly to avoid crossing the insult line.

  13. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't agree more.
    Don't let it get to your head, that doesn't mean I'm going to let anything worse than this go.

  14. #39
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Mom dying in a car wreck? Can either of you even begin to NOT overreact?

  15. #40
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mom dying in a car wreck? Can either of you even begin to NOT overreact?
    Laughing out loud!! Beautiful.

  16. #41
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    I sounded oddly like my namesake in that one...

  17. #42
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleOn
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't disagree more.


    Alright. Say you were playing a game of checkers with your friend. After your friend wins the game, you're angry, so you say to him: "Hey, too bad about your mom dying in that car crash."

    The Detroit article is funny for you guys, but not for some of us who live in the Detroit area. And since Detroit fans are staples on this forum, it would seem gentlemanly to avoid crossing the insult line.
    staples in this forum??? maybe like a staple in someones eye

    i would suggest u, kstat and anyone else that shares this opinion have a couple of options if u dont like it....

    dont come to this forum

    discontinue being a pistons fan

    move out of detroit (probably the best option, given the circumstances)

    accept it as a fact of life and learn to deal with it...


  18. #43
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Here I go repeating myself yet again.

    Parts of Detroit are nice. Parts of Detroit suck. I lived downtown in a very nice high rise apartment building. I worked at the Children's Hospital and managed to make it home every night, even the nights I worked until 3AM. I was even there during the blackout and lived to tell the tale. You could ask my dad about the riots when he was in the National Guard, but that's a whole other story.

    The house my dad's parents lived in after they got married has been torn down. The house my mom's parents lived in still stands in the area of town I affectionately call Spanish Harlem.

    In the immortal words of Earl, "Let's move on."

  19. #44
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Jungian or even Hegelian in it's predictability.
    :cough:

    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  20. #45
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :cough:

    Where did you get that smilie of me? Yes okay I'm a nerd. Monitors, censor this man, he hurt my widdle feewings.

  21. #46
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here I go repeating myself yet again.

    Parts of Detroit are nice. Parts of Detroit suck. I lived downtown in a very nice high rise apartment building. I worked at the Children's Hospital and managed to make it home every night, even the nights I worked until 3AM. I was even there during the blackout and lived to tell the tale. You could ask my dad about the riots when he was in the National Guard, but that's a whole other story.

    The house my dad's parents lived in after they got married has been torn down. The house my mom's parents lived in still stands in the area of town I affectionately call Spanish Harlem.

    In the immortal words of Earl, "Let's move on."
    Do you have any video footage of Devil's Night? I hear that can be a real celebration of the city.

    Edit: actually after typing this, I found a good site with pics:
    http://hvfd.com/devilsnight.html

  22. #47
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seems to be a good market for real estate if Dale chooses Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleOn
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever. This bores me.

    I made my point. Detroit is awesome AND we win more NBA champions. I win, you all lose. Booyah!!
    The [Fort Wayne] Pistons and Pacers have the same number of professional basketball championships. And there's a very good chance the Pacers could have more after this season.

    Btw, how do you "win champions?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •