Thread: JYD to retire??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default JYD to retire??

"Jerome Williams is expected to announce his retirement today. Williams will meet this morning with Knicks president Isiah Thomas, who will offer him a job as part-time scout, part-time community relations executive and part-time broadcaster for MSG Network." New York Post

"Williams, waived under the amnesty clause that saved the Knicks $21 million in luxury tax, has told confidants he doesn't want to pick up and move again to a new city, unless he gets a whopping offer." New York Post

"But let's not knock him. He could have taken the $40 million and run. He doesn't want to be 45 years old and wonder "what if?'' His father, Wade, told me last week, "It is time for him to start thinking about what he's going to do after basketball. But he's never mentioned coaching." New York Post

"Thomas isn't holding his breath. "If he's able to gain the form we all know he's capable of reaching, then it's an added bonus," he said. No, it would be a miracle." New York Post

"Houston has as much chance of suiting up in a Knicks uniform on opening night (Nov. 2) in Boston as Micheal Ray Richardson. Thomas wasted enough time waiting on Houston and continues to move on without him, even offering a contract to Indiana's young swingman James Jones on the same day he formally announced Houston stays." New York Post

www.hoopshype.com/rumors

That's too bad. At only 32, JYD to call it quits? I love his intensity and love for the game, I would have loved to see him in a Pacer uni

Default Re: JYD to retire??

I agree IndyPacers67.

JYD would have been a awesome fit here in Indiana.

32 seems pretty young to retire...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree IndyPacers67.

JYD would have been a awesome fit here in Indiana.

32 seems pretty young to retire...oh well.
    I think that 32 is way to young to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    I think that 32 is way to young to retire.
    It isn't if you're being cut by a team that desperately needs what you used to be, a hard-nosed hustle guy. His body's used up and he's a situational player at best now.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The more and more that time passes with no move, and the more and more guys like JYD and Brian Grant have to be scratched off our list, the more I think we are set for the season. Not that that's a bad thing, I'd just like an upgrade at the backup 4 spot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's too bad. I didn't realize he was still so young.

Do "energy" players ever last past 30?

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Do "energy" players ever last past 30?
    how old was rodman when he "retired"

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    "Jerome Williams is expected to announce his retirement today. Williams will meet this morning with Knicks president Isiah Thomas, who will offer him a job as part-time scout, part-time community relations executive and part-time broadcaster for MSG Network." New York Post

"Williams, waived under the amnesty clause that saved the Knicks $21 million in luxury tax, has told confidants he doesn't want to pick up and move again to a new city, unless he gets a whopping offer." New York Post

"But let's not knock him. He could have taken the $40 million and run. He doesn't want to be 45 years old and wonder "what if?'' His father, Wade, told me last week, "It is time for him to start thinking about what he's going to do after basketball. But he's never mentioned coaching." New York Post

"Thomas isn't holding his breath. "If he's able to gain the form we all know he's capable of reaching, then it's an added bonus," he said. No, it would be a miracle." New York Post

"Houston has as much chance of suiting up in a Knicks uniform on opening night (Nov. 2) in Boston as Micheal Ray Richardson. Thomas wasted enough time waiting on Houston and continues to move on without him, even offering a contract to Indiana's young swingman James Jones on the same day he formally announced Houston stays." New York Post

www.hoopshype.com/rumors

That's too bad. At only 32, JYD to call it quits? I love his intensity and love for the game, I would have loved to see him in a Pacer uni

There is something wrong with that article. From the third paragraph onwards, it is probabaly is talking about Houston because Houston's dad is Wade Houston who is or was the coach at Tennessee