Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    So, with the talk of trading with Dallas for Finley, then sending Jack out for a big man like Magloire, I got to thinking -- why send out Jack? Wouldn't a 3-way sending Fin to another team make more sense?

    Admittedly, I don't know if this deal works cap-wise, but here's roughly what I'm expecting could happen:

    Mavericks get:
    Croshere
    Pollard

    Hornets get:
    Finley
    AJ
    Patterson

    Pacers get:
    Magloire

    Now, I'm not sure if the Hornets would do this, but I'd bet that the Pacers and Mavs would be all over it.

    Then, we re-sign DD and JJ.

    Our new line-up:

    C - Magloire/Harrison/DD
    PF - JO/Foster/Bender
    SF - Artest/Granger/JJ
    SG - Jack/Freddie
    PG - Tins/Saras/Gill


  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,721

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Croshere, Pollard and Anthony Johnson for Jamaal Maglore?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Croshere, Pollard and Anthony Johnson for Jamaal Maglore?
    Not as far fetched as it seems, K.

    *coughsheedforgarbagecough*

    Dallas would take Cro/Pollard for Finley. It's only a matter of whether the Hornets would trade Maggie for Fin, AJ, and Patterson.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,721

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as far fetched as it seems, K.

    *coughsheedforgarbagecough*

    Dallas would take Cro/Pollard for Finley. It's only a matter of whether the Hornets would trade Maggie for Fin, AJ, and Patterson.

    Well, they obviously wouldn't take three overpaid veterans in return for an all-star, especially at positions they currently have filled by younger, cheaper players with potential.

    If the Hornets had any kind of playoff hopes, then MAYBE. But not this team.

    The Pistons gave up expiring contracts for sheed, plus the 15th pick in the draft (Josh Smith). I think that's a little better value to a rebuilding team than those three guys you listed.

    However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Maglore get traded at the deadline in a similiar deal for a quality 1st-rounder, plus expiring deals and mayeb a young player thrown in.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    KStats, that recieving core of the Lions are scary... Roy Williams is one of my favorites, but not sure Charles Rogers won't get hurt again.

  6. #6
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Oh man, if this happens, I will **** my pants...


  7. #7
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    i dont see y that trade would be bad, so im all up for it

  8. #8
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,721

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KStats, that recieving core of the Lions are scary... Roy Williams is one of my favorites, but not sure Charles Rogers won't get hurt again.
    Neither am I.

    However, that collarbone of his is titanium-plated now. The only thing he's got to be afraid of is a cornerback with a big magnet.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. #9
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,056
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    This trade would never happen as Kstat says. Why would the Hornets want Finley for any reason?

    I could see a 3 team deal with these teams but Finley and Magloire go to the Pacers, with Jackson + picks going to New Orleans, and Pollard/Bender/Cro combo going to Dallas.

    Dallas doesn't really want to let Finley go and have him go to a team like Phoenix or Houston, so trading him out east is a much better option for them.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  10. #10
    Member BigDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    New Orleans could use the vetern leadership at the guard spot, that is a reason Finley might go there

  11. #11
    Chambizzle
    Guest

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    I like Magloire (UK Fan here) but truthfully I don't understand the big buzz on this guy. He's good but he's not THAT good. I'd rather say forget trades.. play it safe.. maybe make a small move in order to sign who we need.. Sign DD .. just let JJ go cause it's going to be a lost cause.

  12. #12
    Member BigDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    just to confirm, this is just an idea? not an actual rumor or trade that is close to happening? or is there a trade between these 3 teams in the works?

  13. #13
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither am I.

    However, that collarbone of his is titanium-plated now. The only thing he's got to be afraid of is a cornerback with a big magnet.....
    Haha, I'm pulling for the lions because I have Harrington, RW, and BMW on my fantasy team.

    (BMW - Big Mike Williams)

  14. #14
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither am I.

    However, that collarbone of his is titanium-plated now. The only thing he's got to be afraid of is a cornerback with a big magnet.....
    No worries at all, then, as titanium is only very weakly magnetic.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #15
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg44
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just to confirm, this is just an idea? not an actual rumor or trade that is close to happening? or is there a trade between these 3 teams in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by The title of the thread
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

  16. #16
    Member BigDawg44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    i know it said personal speculation, but i thought he said he changed a trade around... maybe i just misread it

  17. #17
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    I don't think that is going to happen, but then again you never know.

  18. #18
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Wait, where does Patterson come from???

  19. #19
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, where does Patterson come from???

    hhhmmmm...yea

    im guessing he means ruben, but that doesnt explain why hes there

  20. #20
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by ucla31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hhhmmmm...yea

    im guessing he means ruben, but that doesnt explain why hes there
    My guess is that someone was playing on Realgm trade checker again.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    The Hornets have no reason to take Finley and they are trading a top 5 center to get him? Not going to happen. The Hornets are way better off just keeping Jamal Maglorie even if he were to walk once his contract is up. Finley would only hurt the development of J.R. Smith.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Why do people say that adding a veteran presence will make a young guys worse? Oh wait they're right...JO, Tinsley, Foster, David Harrison??? Didn't they all learn how to play the game from someone else? Funny how much they "hurt their development."

  23. #23

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do people say that adding a veteran presence will make a young guys worse? Oh wait they're right...JO, Tinsley, Foster, David Harrison??? Didn't they all learn how to play the game from someone else? Funny how much they "hurt their development."
    Maybe because it depends on there situation.

    J.R.'s weakness right now is his defense and he will only get better at that is by getting more playing time.

    Plus the Hornets have other swingmen they might as well let play in Bostjan Nachbar, Arvydas Macjauskas, Kirk Snyder, and Rasual Butler. They are better off seeing what these guys can do instead of paying Finley 15 million a year.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe because it depends on there situation.

    J.R.'s weakness right now is his defense and he will only get better at that is by getting more playing time.

    Plus the Hornets have other swingmen they might as well let play in Bostjan Nachbar, Arvydas Macjauskas, Kirk Snyder, and Rasual Butler. They are better off seeing what these guys can do instead of paying Finley 15 million a year.

    You have a valid point, however I feel like adding a savay veteran can only help in the development of a player. If he shows him a few "tricks of the trade" and just takes him under his wings, then the young player can easily learn from him. I'm not saying Finley NEEDS to go to NO for that reason, I'm just saying that J.R. could use a little mentoring.

  25. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,721

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Dallas/New Orleans 3-Way? (NOTE: Personal Speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have a valid point, however I feel like adding a savay veteran can only help in the development of a player. If he shows him a few "tricks of the trade" and just takes him under his wings, then the young player can easily learn from him. I'm not saying Finley NEEDS to go to NO for that reason, I'm just saying that J.R. could use a little mentoring.
    You can buy a mentor for a lot less than $50 million.....and also one that wont demand to cut into the minutes of the kid he's mentoring.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •